SSC OOM-9 Battle Droid Commander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually they are upgraded to operate independent of Droid Control ships between TPM and AOTC after Anakin disabled the army with one lucky shot. That's why they have sassier attitudes in later episodes since the free range allows some of them to develop minor personalities.

TPM droids are all business.

There seem's to be many lucky shot's in the SW world. One would think once the command is given it's given till a killer order when in.

Actually they are upgraded to operate independent of Droid Control ships between TPM and AOTC after Anakin disabled the army with one lucky shot. That's why they have sassier attitudes in later episodes since the free range allows some of them to develop minor personalities.

Star Wars justification geek!!!

sutherland-body-snatcher.jpg

:lol

The AOTC blu-ray has a deleted scene spelling that out when some Jedi disable a Control Ship only to find the BD's operating independently of the controls.

:lol

The AOTC blu-ray has a deleted scene spelling that out when some Jedi disable a Control Ship only to find the BD's operating independently of the controls.

I believe it was Ki-adi mundi and Plo koon. But I could be wrong.

I will get this and am glad I passed on the first version. I hope they don't milk these before we get the SBD.

Nonsense. Its much more reasonable to assume that droids would simply fall apart if their Control Ship stops broadcasting commands. :lecture

Going off topic just to answer this in the thread, then if someone like make a thread go for it.

The droids like all computers are run by programs. SWU or not, still the same. I have written a number of programs in my pass life as a Computer Eng Once a command is given its given a computer only knows the end part. Ever wonder why some of the older games do no have a ending?

I have programs on my systems that once the wrong password is put in (enter) the program is awaken. Only I can turn it off. If I do not it keeps doing what its was made to do. Ask my ex-wife about that one.

Keeping with this. The Droid programers (the bug people?) that made the Death Star (giving us this little bloody hole, in this really big ship) so yes they would have left a hole only to be fixed later. Like someone said but still, unless the command ship was giving them power so how (again the bug people) it could happen.

So in the end who are we joking, we are droids, SS is the command ship and they command us to buy this droid. Buy Droids!!!!

I will get this and am glad I passed on the first version. I hope they don't milk these before we get the SBD.

I don't blame SSC for milking these, as long as the pricing continues to be fair. $120 for 2 was fair. If they start charging $90 for individuals, I'll be passing. $75 even would be borderline.

Consider the difference between a RC airplane and an RC robot.

An RC airplane you start the motor and the propeller spins. The remote only controls the pitch and yaw. If the remote control was broken, the plane would fly at its current setting until it crashes, but the motor still goes.

Presuming that EVERY SINGLE FUNCTION of the robot is controlled by a sequence of orders in binary code sent via the command ship once the binary code is broken, there is nothing for the droids to process. They'll just stop. Now, if a droid was programmed then maybe they keep moving, but the real time nature of battle means they couldn't be programmed.
My problem is the stupid shots of the heads falling off, just because the orders were broken. THAT was lame.

I could almost see $75 - 80 for the single droid, considering that the two-pack-ers amounted to $60 each a few months ago, and SS is ratcheting up the price points on all their 1/6 figs. OOM-9 has the unique antennae on his back, he has the unique binocs, and he is a unique character. Would love it if the could include a STAND with this guy, maybe with magnets for his feet to keep him upright, instead of the traditional crotch-bracket stand approach. Also wanna see an exclusive version with hologram of Rune Haako and Nute Gunray for this guy! :yess:

"Don't worry, commander. If they're down here, we'll find them."

TPM droids are all business.

This makes perfect sense to me! Unfortunately, I MUCH preferred the droids for TPM - they actually had a sense of menace to them. I know Lucas wanted to show that the droid armies were at a disadvantage because they lack creative thought, but the mindless, automaton killing machines of TMP were sooooooo much better than the snarky "dumb and dumber" basic-programing-on-board droids of EP II and III. The only droid moment from TMP that really bugged me was the horribly cliched line "that does not compute" - just terrible. Other than that, I thought they effectively showed the limitations of droids as warriors.

Any price point beyond $80 for a single Battle Droid will be too much. With Sideshow's escalating prices lately, I am not expecting to see this priced at $60 or even $70. There will come a time when I have to skip buying figures because of the price, no matter how much I like the figures. After all, I don't work in a bank! And I definitely do not draw the huge bonuses that bankers draw.

I hope it comes with a blaster as well as the binoculars. And if it's a single figure, half the price of the double pack battle droids would be great.

Even I'm going to get this one :D

I wouldn't mind a higher price point for this one if severed BD parts are included.

$80 is my guess. We shall know in a few hours from now how much money will Sideshow be milking from us for this simple re-paint.

I could almost see $75 - 80 for the single droid, considering that the two-pack-ers amounted to $60 each a few months ago, and SS is ratcheting up the price points on all their 1/6 figs. "

I would generally agree with this... but in the past when there has been a 2 pack of figures there is not a discount on them. Boiler and Waxer were $225 when a single clone is $90, Luke and Han in Stormtrooper Disguise was $199 when a single was $90 and the Sidious Palpatine 2 pack was $120 when a standard figure was around $50-$60.

So if anything in the past 2 packs have tended to cost more per figure, so logically it should wash out that single droids will be $60 or less.

Now I know that probably won't happen, but still fun to share observations :lol

Back