SSC - Marvel - 1:6 scale Wolverine figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think samurai swords make any character carrying it better and more bad ass.

Go ahead, tell me a samurai sword accessory doesn't make anything that much more cooler.

That's why they gave Deadpool 2. :lol

Last edited:
I'm having some made so if you want one I'll put one aside.

Ah which version are you getting made? I think priority is the brown one for me. But depending on how they look on the sideshow Wolverine body, I'd also consider a yellow suit also.
Thanks.

Ah which version are you getting made? I think priority is the brown one for me. But depending on how they look on the sideshow Wolverine body, I'd also consider a yellow suit also.
Thanks.

Both. And an xforce. Even having a first class costume made just for fun(and to use on normal first class figures)

:yess: :yess: :yess:

IMG_1374.JPG

I received mine today, and both sculpts have defects. The unmasked more so, a spot on the eyebrow has been rubbed smooth, a spot on his hair, and some specks of black paint on his skin. Gonna send an email to Sideshow later, really hope I get a new sculpt.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Well, I celebrated too soon.

I had my fingers crossed.

I prayed.

I didn't cross any black cats.

But none of that helped.

2 long line marks (plus smaller ones) on the mask that don't come off plus missing paint:

IMG_1381.JPG

A gouge into the side of the mask:

IMG_1384.JPG

Thread coming off:

IMG_1392.JPG

Weird scuff blemishes marks on the inside of his packaging:

IMG_1397.jpg

I didn't even bother to check the rest of him, i've seen enough.

Sorry Sideshow but I can't accept that at this price point and a nagging wife.

Sending him back.

Hopefully they have another for me. :pray:

Last edited:
My figure has the small paint defect on the cowl, as a few others have had here. What does Sideshow do in these cases? It would be a pain to send the whole figure back.

Very worrying that no one answers the phone at the exchanges/returns department over at SS.

Tried twice now 45 minutes apart and nothing.

Yikes.

Forced me to send in my exchange request via email with photos.

That's what the paint on my masked head looks like. I'm thinking of contacting Sideshow about a replacement for that and the loose left arm, not sure if the issues are enough for them to replace mine though. Let us know if Sideshow agrees to send you a replacement head.

Did you end up contacting Sideshow? If so, what was their response? I've emailed them about the same problem on my own piece and am waiting on a reply.

A couple pics of mine. The defects on the unmasked sculpt stand out too much to be acceptable. The chip and smudge on the black part of the mask could honestly be fixed, but when they're charging $270 shipped for a figure, stuff like this is ridiculous. Emailing Sideshow now, I hope I get a replacement on the unmasked, at least.

15967155_10210499736424960_1243989945_o.jpg
15991405_10210499736944973_1111445850_o.jpg

A couple pics of mine. The defects on the unmasked sculpt stand out too much to be acceptable. The chip and smudge on the black part of the mask could honestly be fixed
How would you go about doing that? I have the same defect (with the fleshtone bleeding onto the cowl) and might attempt to fix it myself if Sideshow won't replace the head. I just don't really know how to approach it, or what kind of paint to use.

For the price of this thing I'm totally dumbfounded by these paint issues; it's like eating at a restaurant with crappy service...sure the food is good, but the overall experience sucks.

For the price of this thing I'm totally dumbfounded by these paint issues; it's like eating at a restaurant with crappy service...sure the food is good, but the overall experience sucks.
Food costs a pretty penny too

Man really sad to see all these paint issues pop up. Thats not something we should have to deal with regardless of the price. I wouldnt spend $20 on a Marvel Legends figure with these issues. SSC really seriously needs to take a look at how theyre handling QC these days.

I lucked out and dont have any issues with mine that ive noticed, but I really do feel for you guys that got paint defects.

Did you end up contacting Sideshow? If so, what was their response? I've emailed them about the same problem on my own piece and am waiting on a reply.

I wanted to wait and think about whether I was okay with the paint on my masked head, I was eventually going to contact them about the arm issue though since it can't hold a pose for too long without drooping. I came to the conclusion that I'd like a replacement arm and head since I mainly want to display him with the masked head and I always notice the missing paint. Though my Wolverine doesn't look nearly as bad as Jye4ever's or WhoaItsJBot's figures, Yikes!

I contacted them late last Thursday so it's too early for them to get back to me. I'll expect to hear back from them by the end of the week, they might be very busy at the moment so give them time, I've personally never had a problem with SSC customer service.

My figure has the small paint defect on the cowl, as a few others have had here. What does Sideshow do in these cases? It would be a pain to send the whole figure back.

That will depend. Sometimes SSC will send out replacement parts free of charge, you'll receive an email with their decision and instructions and then an order notice for the parts when they ship, but you are not charged anything in the notice.
Sometimes they will ask you to destroy the flawed or broken pieces and send them pictures of the destroyed pieces to prove that they're destroyed, otherwise they will charge your card on file for the issued replacements after 5 business days from receipt of your replacement parts.

That isn't always the case though, when I received my R2-D2 with a broken and scratched dome, they sent me a replacement and didn't ask me to destroy the old dome and send pictures and I wasn't charged.

This is the email I received from SSC about my R2-D2 replacement:
Hello ********,

Thanks again for taking the time to provide me with these pictures of the issues you have reported regarding your Artoo.

I have booked replacement order, #*********, to replace the damaged R2-D2 Deluxe- dome. This new order will be shipped once it has been inspected within the next 1-2 business days.

I appreciate your patience and cooperation while we worked together to help get your lovable droid back on his feet! Please feel free to reply if you need any additional help!

********* (Sideshow Customer Service representative)

And this was from SSC for my Harley Quinn replacement because the lower torso was completely broken to bits on the figure I received:
Dear *********,

Thank you very much for the pictures you sent. We wanted to follow up with you today to confirm that a replacement order, #********, has been booked for the Harley Quinn body replacement only. Please allow 7 to 10 business days for your replacement order to ship at no cost to you.

Please make sure your replacement part is undamaged upon receipt. If your replacement is acceptable, please destroy your damaged part only per the instructions below and provide photos within 5 business days of receipt of your replacement. If we do not receive your photos in this time, you will be charged for the extra piece.

** Please use care and precaution when destroying this piece. We ask that you use a rather blunt instrument to crush your piece only. We would advise placing the piece in a cloth bag, pillow case, or heavy duty trash bag to contain any flying debris as well as any small pieces that result from destroying your piece. DO NOT set fire to your collectible or drop it from a high altitude as this may cause bodily harm to yourself, bystanders, private or public property. We also ask that you protect yourself from flying pieces or shards by wearing eye protection, if possible, as well as proper footwear.

Sideshow Collectibles will not be responsible for any injuries caused by destroying your item. So please make sure you destroy the item in a safe fashion.

We thank you for your cooperation during our returns process. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any further questions or concerns.

Best regards,

********* (Sideshow Customer Service representative)
I followed their instructions and wasn't charged for the replacement, it wasn't a big deal and easy enough to do, I used an old towel to prevent the pieces from flying everywhere and crushed it with a hammer, then I took pics and sent them away.

Sideshow has at times issued a small refund amount (not a full refund) instead of replacing the damaged items. This has never happened to me but I have read about it here on SS Freaks.

Last edited:
A couple pics of mine. The defects on the unmasked sculpt stand out too much to be acceptable. The chip and smudge on the black part of the mask could honestly be fixed, but when they're charging $270 shipped for a figure, stuff like this is ridiculous. Emailing Sideshow now, I hope I get a replacement on the unmasked, at least.

Man you seriously got a rotten apple! I'd definitely contact Sideshow about this and include these pics! What I do is send a set of pics as well as the same set with circled problem areas in the pics with MS Paint so they know specifically whats at issue and that they can compare the two.

Back