SSC - Marvel - 1:6 scale Wolverine figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This looks great. Would love to see his height comparison in photos with other figures. $250?? Of course the price is ridiculous especially with all the let downs lately of how their figures turn out and compare to the prototype pictures. I'm really tempted, and usually like extra goodies with exclusives. But here I could care less about a sword, and red none the less?? Lot's of nice parted out swords if I ever felt Wolvie needed one for some reason that I would never ever put in his hands. So for me absolutely no reason to order. I'll wait till there's some deals somewhere if I decide I need him.

Read in a report on figures.com he will have different arm sculpts included to plug in, rather than any elbow articulation. I guess we take it with a grain of salt since nothing either way has been reported elsewhere.

Wow... from July of last year. Any other info from these reports?

Talked to Sideshow at SDCC '14 and here's what I learned about the Marvel figures:

-The Wolverine arms will be articulated. They're experimenting right now with them and working with their team and factories to test different sculpts and materials.
-Quite possible we'll also have an unmasked head and that Wolverine's mouth will be interchangeable with different expressions a la Batman.
-There's a lot of Marvel 1/6 out there, so they want to be a little more creative with their designs. DC has more of a classic look because there's not much 1/6 Classic DC looking figures out there.
-Any cigar smoking head sculpt or cigar accessory are a 'no-no'. Disney-owned Marvel doesn't want it. Even for an "adult" collectible? Strange but true.
-Punisher is next obviously. Disney/Marvel a little sensitive about firearms but they're letting it go. They want the guns NOT to be actual depictions of real 'on-the-shelf' guns, but hybrids of different models. So if you want your Punisher with a souped up M-4 Carbine, ACOG scope, Forward Grip, etc. , better find it from someone else. Still, goal is to make it look legit, nothing too fantastical.
-Wouldn't tell me anything about Spider-man, likely will be a body designed specifically for the character.
-Dr. Doom is obvious, Sideshow has been giving Doom love for years.

AGain, too bad they didn't include the interchangeable mouth plates.

I know the feeling lol. I wanted an expression like the legendary scale.

1bc2a29442e8294a3ac9db3c45ea6853.jpg

I really like the look of the sculpted bits on this, but the fabric suit just kills my enthusiasm. Looks awful and doesn't match the aesthetic of the masked head. As ridiculous as this may sound to some, if Sideshow can't put together a proper superhero suit for these things, I'd rather they make them completely sculpted and use mixed media only for accessories and pouches (essentially like high-end Marvel Select figures).

It is up and shipping is showing as $31.68 for me in the US. That is just ridiculous.

Edit: I think they have the weight listed wrong. It list dimensional weight at 22lbs. Must have mixed up the Premium Format weight or something.

I see shipping at $20.70 for me in the east coast. That puts this figure at $270.00! That's nuts!

That's the problem with this Marvel line.

They aren't comic book versions of the characters. They're Sideshow's versions. Hence ultimately random.

Exactly. And that's why i won't be buying any of them. I want comic versions of these characters, not random stuff dreamed up by Sideshow.

For me it comes around to 310 euros from Sideshow... And that's without the Import Fee. Man, what the heck are they smokin in there? I like the fig and I always preferred the brown costume to the yellow one but Jesus Christ, the prices are off the hook. I don't dread to imagine the prices on the HT BvS stuff...

It's funny all these differing opinions. When I saw the figure for the first time the other day, my jaw dropped. There was Wolverine from all those 80s comic panels, the Pryde of the X-Men cartoon, and The Arcade Game, brought to life. I grew up with those so whenever I see the brown costume it brings back fond memories of the early 90s. I also like the yellow costume having grown up with that as well but, truth be told, it does look kind of funny compared to the brown costume, which is pure animal. Anyway, I think it looks great. I love the material used, making the clothes look like something functional instead of a type of armor. Also, the colors they chose are more like the way it looked originally (mid-brown/tan instead of current dark-brown/orange) The gloves, boots, belt are detailed to look realistic. Love the hanging mask. The faces used for both heads are fine, and look like variations from this classic panel:

WolverineFace.png

Yeah, it could look like this and like that, but it's an artist's interpretation, something which should be well known from reading comics itself. The product as I see it now is striking. I've admired many of these figures for years but could never pull the trigger. I loved the Tim Burton Batman and Joker as well as the Christopher Nolan versions a few years back. Even though I'm a Batman/Joker freak and own those films, I let them go. Wolverine is my favorite though, because I identify with him more than the others for various reasons. As long as the quality is perfect, this is a must own for me. The price is average for something of this type, and as someone mentioned before, it seems as though they've put the money towards creating a short, stocky body for the new figure. All in all, just amazing.

Wolverine.png

Back