SSC - Marvel - 1:6 scale Wolverine figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can get this guy down to 125. That's a bit more doable for me. Still debating it. Argh!

idk, the knock off looks so far away from the latest official pic, I really dont think it's back door factory parts.

At least I REALLY hope not, the SSC looks great to me and pretty much is the figure I'm looking forward to the most right now. My only hope right now is that they dont jack up the paint on the headsculpt like they did with Frank!

I believe the pictures I posted earlier in this thread are of the factory produced figure and not a prototype. I don't see why Sideshow would post new pictures of the prototype so close to the release date of this figure.
And from what I saw this looks great!

View attachment 305575
View attachment 305578
View attachment 305579

image.jpg

image.jpg

dammit!!!!

That last pic is pushing me closer to biting on 1/6 Punisher..

Such an awesome group of figures!

Suit, sculpt, hands, and boots look like the real one based on pic/video. As far as the body goes, obviously not.
Personally I don't give a ****. It all comes from the same place. Plus nobody really knows what goes on in the manufacturing world unless its first hand.

Suits not even close. Like I said, someone got the hard goods and cast them.

As for not knowing unless you are there..true. But nearly ever thing you believe to be true (outside of your own life) is things you did not witness...so it's not crazy to see something and make inferences about how it's done. It was stated that the KO was a back door item and most KO are done that way. That's just not the case based on all available info.

A backdoor product would be identical. The definition is that it's the same thing exactly from the same place made the same way but sold illegally. If this was made at the same factory why would they use different materials, body, package stitching patterns etc if they where just going to sell it? They wouldn't. There's other things that appear to show the hard goods (head, hands so on) are molded and cast copies. Hard to be sure without it in hand. But recasts are common. Way way more common then backdoor knockoffs.

It may be partly cast from a production sample but not by the same people, and the parts that separate ssc from hot toys most, the body and costume, are clearly not the same on the KO as the legit piece. It's a recast not a backdoor. Sold by the same people who did the hot toys hulk and Bones from the HPP.

I think I'll be pulling the trigger on this one...love the straight-out-of-the-comic-book look.

^ :clap...but after the C-3PO wonky-thumb debacle I'm waiting for in-hand pics and reviews.

What's the date on the processing notice for it to be in-stock? My FP is scheduled through February but I haven't gotten that "If you want it now then pay now." email.

So is Sideshow definitely still committed to this line? I've been worried that it might go the way their DC 1/6 line is going and sort of fade away. I really need a comic-style 1/6 Doctor Doom and I hope Sideshow's making him next.

So is Sideshow definitely still committed to this line? I've been worried that it might go the way their DC 1/6 line is going and sort of fade away. I really need a comic-style 1/6 Doctor Doom and I hope Sideshow's making him next.

Hard to say, Wolverine will soon be released and they haven't announced another figure yet.

Doctor Doom would be great, especially since we will never get a good movie version of him.

Back