1/6 SSC Magneto Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone in Australia's on the fence with this one, Zing of all places has him for $249 at the moment. Everywhere else is pretty much at the $350-$500 mark.

00-DB20-B6-6519-4-B97-8-C2-E-8-F02-E72-F5-AED.jpg

Hi people

Long story short im new to collecting and my magneto came yesterday and his elbow was snapped in the box , i contacted support and asked for images , no eply yet. How long does it take and whats the chances of me getting a replacement, apart from that the figure is amazing . Just dont want this to happen again as ive got wolverine and scott summers coming once they are ready to ship , any help and advice ?

Hi people

Long story short im new to collecting and my magneto came yesterday and his elbow was snapped in the box , i contacted support and asked for images , no eply yet. How long does it take and whats the chances of me getting a replacement, apart from that the figure is amazing . Just dont want this to happen again as ive got wolverine and scott summers coming once they are ready to ship , any help and advice ?
As long as they still have replacement parts (and if this guy is still in stock, they do) they will send you a new body. They're pretty quick about it.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

As long as they still have replacement parts (and if this guy is still in stock, they do) they will send you a new body. They're pretty quick about it.

Thanks man ill update if they reply and tell me whats goin after the weekend, fingers crossed and If not what other options do i have ?

Thanks man ill update if they reply and tell me whats goin after the weekend, fingers crossed and If not what other options do i have ?
If they don't have any replacement parts left, which isn't super likely, I would keep an eye on Toy Anxiety to see if a body pops up. They part out Sideshow figures occasionally. They have a thread here you can subscribe to for updates, and they also send out updates on their Twitter.

If you can't secure a Magneto body, a body from this year's Sideshow Superman (or last year's Sideshow Batman) would also be suitable, though in that case you'd have to cut the seam on your suit and then re-sew it onto the new body.

I wouldn't worry about it. Sideshow will almost certainly send you a replacement.

Much appreciated helping a noob collecter thanks ��

More advice for these particular Sideshow bodies are to place your fingers closer to the elbow joint with both hands (one holding the bicep, the other holding the upper forearm right close to the inner elbow) when posing the arms as the arms are VERY stiff right out of the box. If you do this a couple times, bending back and forth, it will help loosen up the joint a bit.

You will not have to worry about this on Cyclops as he has a double jointed elbow instead of the single joint this one has.

Thanks guys ill be sure to update you on my dilemma hopefully sideshow will come through and help me out

More advice for these particular Sideshow bodies are to place your fingers closer to the elbow joint with both hands (one holding the bicep, the other holding the upper forearm right close to the inner elbow) when posing the arms as the arms are VERY stiff right out of the box. If you do this a couple times, bending back and forth, it will help loosen up the joint a bit.

You will not have to worry about this on Cyclops as he has a double jointed elbow instead of the single joint this one has.

I know that heating up the joints can also help but i didnt even get a chance to bend it , came in the box floopin like a fish

I know that heating up the joints can also help but i didnt even get a chance to bend it , came in the box floopin like a fish

I completely understand. I had a similar issue with my SS Superman I got recently except it was the ankles instead of the arm. Just trying to give a bit of advice since you mentioned you?re a bit of a new collector. But yup heating can help too.

Well got mine in and also have the dreaded frozen stiff elbows. I also managed to have a piece of wire broken inside the cape on one side. Reached out for replacement so here's hoping even with waitlist they can help me out.

Well got mine in and also have the dreaded frozen stiff elbows. I also managed to have a piece of wire broken inside the cape on one side. Reached out for replacement so here's hoping even with waitlist they can help me out.

Hot water doesn't help frozen joints?

Any update on your frozen joint issue? Just opened mine up and it’s particularly bad on the left arm. Also was impossible getting the pegs out to swap the hands. Ended up breaking two pegs :slap I dunno why SS bodies always have to be such a pain in the butt

Any update on your frozen joint issue? Just opened mine up and it’s particularly bad on the left arm. Also was impossible getting the pegs out to swap the hands. Ended up breaking two pegs :slap I dunno why SS bodies always have to be such a pain in the butt

Ended up using hair dryer on low and was able to unfreeze them both. Unfortunately, sideshow ran out of replacements so I still have the broken cape wire....

I’m upping this thread for quick story/cautionary tale:

On a random Monday (last Monday) I saw Sideshow had one in stock. Ordered it and it came in Tuesday (this Tuesday), I “secured the bag” as the kids like to say. Out of the box, the figure looks great and I love the design of the packaging.

BUT, sure enough as soon as I started messing with the (very stiff) arms the left elbow snapped. I emailed Sideshow about getting a replacement but apparently I ordered the last one on Earth! It was either return the figure for a refund or take a $40 credit…I took the credit. So, to anyone that manages to find one DO be careful of the joints.
11A38B7F-AD41-40E0-BD65-C8B4F0D63B25.jpegA851DBAD-B534-4263-95B4-DA5EC8E70143.jpeg

Last edited:
I have been discussing how I track down this figure in the Rogue channel. I've been keeping an eye on him on auction sites for a while as not too many pop up. Recently I came across a listing for one at Half Price Books for a decent price. Not too many pictures of him, only 3 in total, but I took a gamble on making the purchase.

I just got him delivered today and was just able to open him and take a look. I was pleasantly surprised as it was the exclusive version with the cerebro helmet. I didn't expect that as it didn't state it anywhere in the description. Everything is in excellent condition, all of the pegs, headsculpts, helmets, elbows, wires in cape. Almost looks brand new.

Only two issues that were bad with it. The body overall is lose and floppy, normal sideshow body, and the magneto sleeve over the clamshell had the back part torn off. This purchase turned out a huge win over all. Very excited to add him to my X-Men collection. Now to track down Cyclops.

Back