1/6 SSC Magneto Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at the second picture, I need to ask this question. Are these lines sewn folds in the fabric or are they just stripes? I'm all for stitching to break things up, but the first picture shown made it look like they were shiny stripes.

With how shiny they look in images I'm guessing that is printed on texture. I'd also like these to be actual stitching and not cheap printed on stripes.

I will never understand their bizarre line/panel/seam fetish. The new Spidey and Captain America statues have the same problem and it just looks so stupid.

I will never understand their bizarre line/panel/seam fetish. The new Spidey and Captain America statues have the same problem and it just looks so stupid.

Sideshow has some arrogant prick who thinks he is an artist and keeps adding his own interpretation to everything despite all the complainints.

The lines look stupid, it's like a Jim Lee "New 52" concept where the costuming just was covered in lines and called edgy. Either way I have to give SSC credit for continuing with their Marvel especially since the DC version is crawling along. I'm definitely interested since Magneto is one of my favorites but I know it'll be barebones with a couple of hands, maybe a unhelmeted sculpt and still be $250 so it'll all depend on when it's coming out and how my points I have to spend on it.

Sideshow has some arrogant prick who thinks he is an artist and keeps adding his own interpretation to everything despite all the complainints.

That arrogant prick who thinks he's an artist is John F-n' Byrne.
They were added to Magneto in Uncanny X-Men #112 published August 1978.
Uncanny X-Men vol 1 Issue 112.jpg

Jim Lee also drew him that way:
e7a7510382510927242ec714e2c6652a.jpg

Oh, Sideshow continued the lines onto the legs, what horror!

No argument there are lines on Magneto in the comics, but they are pencil thin lines, especially with Lee, not shiny stripes.

I"m happy to see Sideshow branch out to X men line. I have 2 young Magneto's pretty happy with and always on my to do list kitbash medi Magneto swapping bodys look like Sideshow got to it first, so easy order 4 me. Anyway been in the hobby quite while and just get tired of another version of top popular character's. I just wish Sideshow n other company's would see the market need for b list character's that constantly getting skipped over. Archangel silver surfer nightcrawler a ton of great designs and presence instead just releasing same top list comic character's. Diverse our
Collection's Rant over....

The lines are less pronounced in person

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

This figure looks awesome. But... I need a Cyclops. I have Wolverine, and if there was a Cyclops coming I would buy Magneto, too.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Did you take that as they were packing up? Nice clear pic. Still not sure about the pajama lines, but definitely intrigued.

The lines look stupid, it's like a Jim Lee "New 52" concept where the costuming just was covered in lines and called edgy. Either way I have to give SSC credit for continuing with their Marvel especially since the DC version is crawling along. I'm definitely interested since Magneto is one of my favorites but I know it'll be barebones with a couple of hands, maybe a unhelmeted sculpt and still be $250 so it'll all depend on when it's coming out and how my points I have to spend on it.

Probably have to order the exclusive to get the unhelmeted one if there is one, like with Batman.

If those lines are a pleather material then you could eventually just wipe them off if you didn't like them to begin with.

If they are pleather it won't matter if you like them or not. They will deteriorate in a year.

What bothers me about the lines is that they run top to bottom of the costume. If they insist on having them I wish they were just on the torso.

If they are pleather it won't matter if you like them or not. They will deteriorate in a year.

What bothers me about the lines is that they run top to bottom of the costume. If they insist on having them I wish they were just on the torso.

I would have preferred that as well.

Back