1/6 SSC Magneto Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From FB

Attachments

• E0395D3E-C102-4677-98E0-E2D8CA2D77A2.jpeg
    E0395D3E-C102-4677-98E0-E2D8CA2D77A2.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 325
Looks pretty cool, but still waiting for the original figures teased that included Dr. Doom, Classic Iron Man, and Classic Spider-Man.

And what's with SS adding thin vertical black lines to the costumes. A similar style done to the new SS Batman as well. Do they feel the need to add to negative space or something? Or trying to be like the MCU that added all the black lines to the Spider-Man costume as well..

:dunno

I like that they stuck to the comic look.
I hope there's multiple face plates that we can stick under the helmet, I personally prefer Magneto scowling from under his helmet:
75575-178432-magneto.jpg

Jim Lee did use lines on his designs. The man loves him some lines.

--edit: He's actually on today's Howard Stern wrapup show!

Last edited:
When they do Spiderman, I truly hope that they don't do anything unnecessary. But I do like how Magneto looks, it will still be a preorder for me. Need to support them if you expect them to do other characters. Thats why theyre doing a lot of statues, people are buying them.

I don't mind the lines. John Byrne drew him that way (except on the legs)
02055c01ef3e6298f8c7ce34817454e5.jpg

I thought he looked pretty good, but I think the face sculpt is a little weird.

5zYWv05.jpg

I'm in agreement with the lines. Visually, you need a sense of texture otherwise it just looks like just a plain, spandex suit. This is why the current era of superhero fitted suits in movies (DCU Superman, Batman, Zod, etc.) looks much better than in the past. This also translates to 1/6 figures since they look fairly realistic in their relative scale.

I know it's a toy, but he really needs some bulge in his underwear. If that's all he is packing then I can understand his hatred for homosapiens.

When they do Spiderman, I truly hope that they don't do anything unnecessary. But I do like how Magneto looks, it will still be a preorder for me. Need to support them if you expect them to do other characters. Thats why theyre doing a lot of statues, people are buying them.

Their statues are comic accurate. Their 1/6 figures...not so much. That’s the difference between one format selling out while the other warms the shelf.

I've never cared for cloth uniforms. Capes sure, but not the uniforms. They look like fancy Megos to me.

Hot Toys have figured out how to use the right material and have muscle shape showing through.
Sideshow is no t doing that unfortunately.

Looking at the second picture, I need to ask this question. Are these lines sewn folds in the fabric or are they just stripes? I'm all for stitching to break things up, but the first picture shown made it look like they were shiny stripes.

Back