SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't ban Talibane!

At least not until he shows us where or how that grappling gun was made........:monkey3

J/k.........he's a good freak:lecture

luke%20snow_zpsnkfkqtkg.png

Hey guys -justnoticed my banned account is active. IP was blocked and Freaks showed totally blank screen but I can access now for some reason. Probably last post so make it quick.

I liked having laughs, discussions and arguments with you guys on here over past three years.Hope I brought some humor and a few insights to the mix.

Glad I got chance to do a final post in thread for probably my fave 1/6 of all time, SSLuke Snowspeeder, and sharing quick pic of it on shelf next to me with custom partsadded. Really a HTquality fig. Love it. Bye guys.

This is interesting. It says Tali isn't banned anymore but he is saying they blocked his IP address? If true this is wrong, he was a good poster here who kept things interesting. Permanent ban is extremely egregious IMO. Any mods want to shed light on this?

thx guys. my account still active soooo... pm'ing the mod Snoopy to figure out mystatus

and wtf is up with the format of this site now?did someone forget to pay the electric bill?

cant figure out how to do or find anything

thx guys. my account still active soooo... pm'ing the mod Snoopy to figure out mystatus

and wtf is up with the format of this site now?did someone forget to pay the electric bill?

The site looks exactly the same as it has for a while now.
I did however notice something strange a few weeks ago while I was looking for an old Freaks thread with Google search, I found that the site had reverted back to an older version of the forum through that link. Is the site mostly dark green?

There is the possibility that you're looking at the Mobile version of Sideshow Freaks.

This is interesting. It says Tali isn't banned anymore but he is saying they blocked his IP address? If true this is wrong, he was a good poster here who kept things interesting. Permanent ban is extremely egregious IMO. Any mods want to shed light on this?

Mods treat everyone here like mushrooms. Feed us **** and keep us in the dark.

I tried to get answers for something a few months back and only got a stock answer that never really answered my question.

I got this figure yesterday. It's much better in hand. I wish for the price they included a lot more accessories like a lit and unlit lightsaber and the grappling gun (no excuse to not have this).

41,424 Posts ! Not a bad effort Darth Waller !

How do you get Reputation points ?

I think I'm a pretty cool guy and think people like me. I actually should have a very cool reputation around here. :)))

Guess someone has to click somewhere.

I hope this means you're sticking around, TaliBane. Would hate to lose your voice here.

Just wondering if they are holding off on this and Hot Toys Yoda (both are due late June). They have a 20% off sale until June 30 at the moment. Maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I called them to see if it had arrived and not been updated online in the hopes of getting one 20% off. They said there was an issue with Sideshows delivery and the ETA is 7 July. Yoda wasn't due until next month.

I called them to see if it had arrived and not been updated online in the hopes of getting one 20% off. They said there was an issue with Sideshows delivery and the ETA is 7 July. Yoda wasn't due until next month.

Thanks for the info! Yeah, I was hoping it would sneak in for the 20% off too. Oh well. I have some rewards at another store that will bring it pretty close to that. The joys of budgeting vs. release dates!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice to see that the production figure looks to be as nice as the proto that was at Celebration. A very nice figure and one I'd be tempted to pick up if I didn't have such a big line up of PF's I'm waiting to acquire.

I received this figure yesterday, and after initially deciding that I would summarily sell it because the lack of accessories was a bit underwhelming as was the quality of the figure based on several pictures for the price tag, and because I felt having it would be a bit one too many Lukes for me, I decided f-it and just kept it because I don't think this thing will go on the secondary market what the retail price is and I'd end up losing money on it.

In hand, it's actually more impressive than what I thought it would be, it's a decent figure. The helmeted sculpt I think is really good and the tailoring of the outfit is surprisingly pretty good as well. It's not too bulky and not not bulky enough; it's pretty accurate in terms of how bulky it should be. The belt, however, is a bit flimsy and is totally inaccurate. If I'm not mistaken, I believe it's supposed to be the same belt he was wearing with his Bespin fatigues so with that being the case, it's way inaccurate. Unfortunately, I don't think a DX07 belt would fit on him though due to the bulk of the suit. What I do like about the belt though is I think the concept of having the pouches loop around the belt and then attach via a magnet is pretty cool. Makes it easy to take off and reposition pouches if one wanted.

Would have been cooler also in my opinion if the boots were made of fabric, similar to the DX07 boots, and not as dark in color. Although I don't believe the boots he wore with his Snowspeeder garb are the same boots he wore with his Bespin fatigues, as the Snowspeeder boots seem a bit bulkier. Could be wrong there though.

Cool figure overall, more impressive in hand than I thought it would be, but still don't think it's worth the retail price tag that SSC wants, so I regrettably overpaid for it. Had I saw the production figure first before purchasing, I'd probably pay $220 at the most for it.

Edit: After rewatching the Snowspeeder scene again on Hoth, apparently the lack of a thigh strap on his belt is accurate, as he didn't have a holster packing a blaster on his belt at that point yet. He had it though when he crash landed on Dagobah, so I'm guessing he simply attached a holster to his belt then.

How are the magnets on your belt holding up? Most of mine have come undone from the glue. The problem is that the glue they're using isn't as strong as the magnet's power and that the magnets are too smooth on their back with little for the glue to grip. The magnets want to pull off the glue and stick to one another. I ended up gluing the holster's belt flap to the material and threw the magnets into his pouches.

I did something similar to this as well. With the extremely small magnets, they're tough to grip and position into place when attempting to reglue them.

I decided to take off the holster all together since from what I can see after rewatching the scene, there was no point in the film where he wore this suit where the holster was attached to the belt without the thigh strap (like the DX07), so I deemed it to be inaccurate. When I took it off, the magnet that actually hooks around the belt and the random one behind the holster strap that goes around the gun, both came unglued and fell off. After successfully regluing one of them, while attempting to position the other one, the damned thing went right out of my grasp and magnetized to the one I had just glued on and the side that magnetized to it was the side with the glue on it, thus resulting in the magnets, in addition to being magnetized to one another, being glued to one another. :lol

Eh, whatever. I didn't want the holster on anyway.

Back