SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wow!

I am very interested in this mod, at least the boots-body-head swap.

I have a spare DX07 battle damaged head, 2 hair pieces, and the body and boots.

Could you describe the head swap process? how does the DX07 head fit inside the helmet? did you separate all the parts on the helmet to do it?
Thank you.

And congratulations!
The only thing I would suggest on your mod is to maybe use the snow pants behind the pilot jumpsuit. The legs look too thin.

Looks more like Dagobah landing Luke when he had no snow pants underneath. I like it.
026ae60966fbf9d60749b685a3a75a6f.jpg

f483a1dfe1c34e40bb838433240816d7.jpg

39e1b647d76845ac6a87fc240099f1a1.jpg

Last edited:
That looks superb Tom. Great swap.

Thanks Jim, that's high praise coming from the Lukemaster himself! And thank you everyone else for the kind comments :duff

I probably need to explain that it's not a simple head swap. Basically the body is a Luke Stormtrooper body I saved for pretty much this figure; the DX07 head won't fit on it using the DX07 neck peg, this figure uses two I had lying around which fitted both the body and inside the DX07 neck; the two heads are separate heads and one peg is slightly shorter than the other.

The flight suit, jacket, vest and chest unit are all from the snow speeder Luke; I left off the vest and snow pants. The foot pegs are from a ANH Luke, I made them fit inside the DX07 boots by tearing off the back part of the sole so i could get to the hole more easily, then carving out enough of the hole that I could fit the peg inside. I then reglued the sole. I really did this because I liked the DX07 boots but an unexpected bonus is that the ankle articulation is perfect!!! I had painted some white stripes onto the boots but even though they were movie accurate (to the Hoth scenes) they looked too clean and distracting. I rubbed much of the white off with some alcohol. The great thing about this boots is that the more you destroy them the better they look. I still need to regalia some of the straps.

The belt and gun are DX07. The belt just about fitted around the waist, just.

As for the helmeted head, I had a DX07 head with a few scratches on it and used that so that I wouldn't worry about pushing it inside the helmet. I used a pretty unsophisticated technique for getting the original head out of the snow speeder Luke helmet - just kept prying it at it and widening the helmet as much as I dared until I was able to pop it out without breaking it. The head is glued in quite lightly. Obviously something could have gone crack and got broken...

As for the DX07 head inside the helmet this is a normal head with a BD hairpiece, which won't fit inside the helmet 'as is' but which I cut down and kept cutting down until I could jam it in. Then I put the head in.

That's my DX07 Snowspeeder Luke mash up! As I said before, I'm a Dagobah nut, so I had to make this.

wow!

I am very interested in this mod, at least the boots-body-head swap.

I have a spare DX07 battle damaged head, 2 hair pieces, and the body and boots.

Could you describe the head swap process? how does the DX07 head fit inside the helmet? did you separate all the parts on the helmet to do it?
Thank you.

And congratulations!
The only thing I would suggest on your mod is to maybe use the snow pants behind the pilot jumpsuit. The legs look too thin.

I'll try and take some photos of the BD hairpiece I cut down, so you can see how much to do if that's the route you take. I totally recommend this kit bash! If yu use a DX07 body it'll be much easier, I just like my Luke's to be as short as possible.

I'll try and take some photos of the BD hairpiece I cut down, so you can see how much to do if that's the route you take. I totally recommend this kit bash! If yu use a DX07 body it'll be much easier, I just like my Luke's to be as short as possible.

thanks a lot for the reply Tom, and also for the detailed recipe of your kitbash.

Will I have the balls to mod the BD hair? haha I don't know...

I understand what you say about your Luke being as short as possible. I planned making up for that posing him with Vader and Yoda, both slightly oversized figures, IMHO.

Yep my waitlist... honestly I have no clue if HT will make this guy anytime soon. I haven't seen anything indicating it. HT is full of surprises though. If they do make it, I will just sell the SS version.

luke%20snow_zpsnkfkqtkg.png

Hey guys -justnoticed my banned account is active. IP was blocked and Freaks showed totally blank screen but I can access now for some reason. Probably last post so make it quick.

I liked having laughs, discussions and arguments with you guys on here over past three years.Hope I brought some humor and a few insights to the mix.

Glad I got chance to do a final post in thread for probably my fave 1/6 of all time, SSLuke Snowspeeder, and sharing quick pic of it on shelf next to me with custom partsadded. Really a HTquality fig. Love it. Bye guys.

Cool picture man! Nice to see you posting again. You won't be sticking around though? I thought it was temporary ban?

Yep my waitlist... honestly I have no clue if HT will make this guy anytime soon. I haven't seen anything indicating it. HT is full of surprises though. If they do make it, I will just sell the SS version.

Congrats Jack!!! When did you get in the wait list? Hoping mine will convert...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Hey guys -justnoticed my banned account is active. IP was blocked and Freaks showed totally blank screen but I can access now for some reason. Probably last post so make it quick.

I liked having laughs, discussions and arguments with you guys on here over past three years.Hope I brought some humor and a few insights to the mix.

Glad I got chance to do a final post in thread for probably my fave 1/6 of all time, SSLuke Snowspeeder, and sharing quick pic of it on shelf next to me with custom partsadded. Really a HTquality fig. Love it. Bye guys.

Hey Tali, good to see you back. When you were banned I inquired and was told it was a temporary ban, a vacation but not permanent. Hope you can stick around.

Grappling gun looks great.

Really nice work!

Back