SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed on the sculpt. If it looks that good in hand as it does in the pics Sideshow has really upped their paint, still a bit too tan but definitely in the right direction. SS always seems to sculpt pretty great but if they can deliver on paint this figure might turn out fantastic. TK's piece looks outstanding.

They look great together. Not sure how you made that unhelmeted head look good, but it does there.
I agree.
I haven't ventured into getting my unhelmeted sculpt out of the box yet but I'm going to after seeing these pics. They actually make it seem like a decent sculpt!

In stock now at popcultcha. I would have preferred to wait for a sale price but the next one is probably a ways off and didn't want to risk missing out given the scarcity of this figure so hit the purchase button. Their price is about what I would have paid from SS anyway. On the plus side I'll probably use the pennies earned to make Yoda more palatable down the track.

Speaking of Popcultcha, Snowspeeder Luke just went from $322 USD to a more reasonable $285 USD just now. I used some Pennies from the BvS Bats figure I picked up awhile back to knock the price down a bit even further to essentially get this guy shipped to the US for free.

I hadn't heard back from the waitlist reservation I placed a month and a half ago, so I figured this may be my last chance to get Luke at close to retail. Hopefully I'll have better luck getting my waitlist reservation for 4-LOM and the Snowtrooper 2-pack converted to an order.

Man, it's been awhile since I've had to deal with a 1/6-scale Star Wars figure selling out so quickly. I guess Sideshow isn't looking to be stuck with excess inventory these days! :gah:

Their pre-order price when I ordered in May was $277.74 USD. :dunno

Used some points to bring it to around $260 shipped. Still too high. :lol

To be honest, $200 is still too high! Since this figure will need its body to be swapped with a shorter one and, after seeing what Tom Day did with his Snowspeeder Luke, possibly a couple DX07 headsculpt knock-offs to replace the mediocre ones Sideshow included, it's gonna take some doing to get this figure looking decent enough for me to stand next to Hot Toys' Star Wars offerings.

But the cost of NOT having Luke represented in my collection from what is unarguably the best chapter in the Star Wars saga? That's something I'd rather not consider. :wink1:

Their pre-order price when I ordered in May was $277.74 USD. :dunno

Used some points to bring it to around $260 shipped. Still too high. :lol

AAAAAAAND it's back to above $310 USD. It looks like Popcultcha's prices fluctuate to reflect the most current exchange rate. I don't recall anyone here pointing this out before.

One thing that happens with their system is it has a 9% tax as it assumes everyone is Australian. So when you add to cart and enter US or some other non-Australian country as the shipping destination it drops that tax.

But they do seem to update the exchange rate, not sure how often though. Not sure if it's every week or month.

AAAAAAAND it's back to above $310 USD. It looks like Popcultcha's prices fluctuate to reflect the most current exchange rate. I don't recall anyone here pointing this out before.

You said $200 was too high. Who cares about $310? Yes, this will be going for $600 in a year or so. So what?

Just wait for HT. Give it a year.

You said $200 was too high. Who cares about $310? Yes, this will be going for $600 in a year or so. So what?

Just wait for HT. Give it a year.

As someone who would really like a Luke Pilot figure and who is reasonably new to 1/6 scale figures do you think that's something that's likely to happen in the next 12-24 months?

Anything is possible. HT outside of Vader has stayed pretty clear for around 3 years for the Sideshow Star Wars releases in general. My personal opinion is that they would not have this released in 2 years. They may show it and have pre-orders but odds are it would occur in 2019 or 2020 for release best case.

Those are my thoughts as well.

My guess is we will get Jedi Luke, some random Luke we haven't really been thinking of--medal ceremony or some kind of Dagobah/Bespin rerelease. Then
if Hot Toys is respecting the Sideshow recent releases and going in order we still have to wait through Hoth Luke and X-Wing Luke before the snowspeeder Luke.

Next 12-24 months? I'm going to be more inclined to say no. They may do this version at some point, but I don't think it'll be any time soon.

One thing that happens with their system is it has a 9% tax as it assumes everyone is Australian. So when you add to cart and enter US or some other non-Australian country as the shipping destination it drops that tax.

Oh, that explains what looked like a dramatic day-to-day price fluctuation to me. In fact, Snowspeeder Luke is now a couple bucks LESS than what I paid for it just yesterday due to the change in exchange rates! :thud:

Anything is possible. HT outside of Vader has stayed pretty clear for around 3 years for the Sideshow Star Wars releases in general.

True, but that's because Sideshow hardly releases more than 3 Star Wars figures a year.

But they were only a few months behind Sideshow's 3PO with their own.

True, but that's because Sideshow hardly releases more than 3 Star Wars figures a year.

But they were only a few months behind Sideshow's 3PO with their own.

SS 3PO shipped a year and a half ago. The HT is still at least a year away assuming they put it up for PO some time soon. Plus it has a red arm so isn't what most people want. Not sure this example proves your point.

It also goes both ways. HT preview Snowtrooper Commander only for it to disappear and be replaced with a SS one. Preorders for either are nowhere in sight.

Back