SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the pics Eamon but they only confirm what we already knew - lifelike it may be but Hamill it ain't.

Everyone's waitlist will convert.

i think this fella looks great. there is a lot of nit picking here but I can understand it. There are a few things I don't like. The sculpt is off a smidge. If I look close i start to see Ike Barinholtz. :dunno

I do not think everyones waitlist will convert. they could be up to their usual stunts, but this time it feels different. its as if they made less, perhaps knowing the high price would limit buyers. I would not be so sure that all these waitlists are a slam dunk.

Okay here's two for now:
3a7b3a5e583a28d6fb0e27f4af2cde03.jpg

7d20cdfc70c3f8265554a541092f21d0.jpg

Just brilliant pictures.

15dc848caef37eea0cc736ca7b3dce3f.jpg

aea17780f5e0e020cc8b11def0dd43bf.jpg

I know it's far from the best head sculpt especially with the hair, but it works well enough for me. I'm gonna use the helmeted head the majority of the time anyway.

And I can see what people are saying about the eyebrows, but it honestly doesn't bother me in person. I don't remember if I even noticed it until it was pointed out.

For the price, he definitely should've come with the grappling gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks SilverStar! Sorry for the grainy quality I don't think the lighting is helping, but here he is holding X-wing Luke's helmet:
15d1b7caa3baf7fa8eb9910378195513.jpg

Thanks man! This one gives an idea of how he looks in cloudy daylight:
59a14c1a2a4646f052c89b8ee50f8b88.jpg

I agree with everyone about your pics - they're definitely my favourite ones thus far, and give us the best sense of the sculpt. IMHO even the helmet headed sculpt looks far too 'YA book cover hero' and not the Luke I remember. The helmetless one just looks like Bez from the Happy Mondays.

Thanks Tom! If it weren't as cloudy they might not be as grainy, but glad I could help others see the figure.

Huh, well my Snowspeeder Luke just arrived! It wasn't expected until Tuesday but at least I was home at the time.

Someone asked what he looked like next to Vader, here he is next to my HT ANH Vader that also has a R1 Vader body and suit on:

SSC Snowspeeder Luke 001.jpg
And now for the disrobing......
SSC Snowspeeder Luke 002.jpg
SSC Snowspeeder Luke 003.jpg
SSC Snowspeeder Luke 004.jpg
SSC Snowspeeder Luke 005.jpg

The Snow jacket can not be unzipped all the way off, it's sewn at the very bottom so you have to slide it down and off the arms and legs to take it off the figure completely. There is a padded under suit but it doesn't cover the arms as you can see in the pic above, the puffiness is from the snow jacket itself. The collar of the flight suit secures with a hidden magnet.
The eye paint on both heads is okay, the pupils and irises are painted in the center of the eyes and cleanly. However, they really should be painted with the top of the pupils touching the bottom of the upper eyelids. I think the eyes need a repaint.
There is some painted weathering on the suit and jacket if it doesn't show in pictures, it's actually well done.
Overall, the figure looks great in hand, if you don't look too closely at the eyes.

Great pics, and thanks for the strip show.

I knew flamboyant Mark would be wearing whorish red underwear.

I thought before I put him back together, I'll take the red under suit off to improve the range of articulation of the hip area, and look what I found, snow pants!
SSC Snowspeeder Luke 006.jpg

Back