SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for showing him stripped down! I wish they had just used the fatsuit for the torso if anything. It restricts movement in his legs more than I'd like.

Isn't it just the neckpeg that's too long? If it was changed for a shorter one, wouldn't it reduce the height problem?

The neck is long so that it looks right with everything on. The combination of the flight suit, jacket, and vest bulk up the torso quite a bit, the longer neck helps in this case. The whole body is taller not just a longer neck. I'm not planning on transplanting this set to a smaller body anytime soon.

BTW, the combination of the flight suit cuffs, jacket cuffs, and the glove tops.....is a pain in the ass getting all that back on the figure. I'm struggling trying to get it all back on at the moment.

Yes, agreed, all good points.

I'm pretty sure this waitlisted item shall return and I will pick it up at that time -- been saving points from 2x Spooktaculars in preparation for this item.

I would suggest the Hoth version over the xwing just because of the expanded display option with Yoda on Degobah. If that dosen't matter to you...the xwing version is overall nice.

Yes, agreed, all good points.

I'm pretty sure this waitlisted item shall return and I will pick it up at that time -- been saving points from 2x Spooktaculars in preparation for this item.

Then this one is for you. It will definitely look good and stand out among all of the black and white Star War figures.

...I do not think everyone's waitlist will convert. they could be up to their usual stunts, but this time it feels different. its as if they made less, perhaps knowing the high price would limit buyers. I would not be so sure that all these waitlists are a slam dunk.

I've had the same feeling regarding the waitlist for this figure. Unless SS ordered a second factory run, I think this time they limited the figure numbers.

Luke was also a member of the Rasslin' Rebels, the Rebel Alliance's wrestling team:

View attachment 344393
:rotfl:rotfl

I picked it up thru PC......I was on the fence but if exclusive to only select channels I don't want to pay even crazier prices should I want it. I have x wing Luke which came cheap so this'll offset that deal so I tell myself :)

This place is the worst. I was all set to just let this go to sold out or come in stock (whichever) but then read your post and worried about what if it is truly limited and went back to PC and ordered with some pennies I had.

Even after that it came out to $260 shipped, which still feels like way too much for this guy, but what's done is done.

BTW, the combination of the flight suit cuffs, jacket cuffs, and the glove tops.....is a pain in the ass getting all that back on the figure. I'm struggling trying to get it all back on at the moment.

I hope the story had a happy ending!!

Thanks a lot for the pictures and info. I asked for the pic with Vader! Thanx.

Do you really think this helmeted likeness is worse than the X-wing likeness? Remember, two different Hamill's here -- pre and post accident.

:lol

I'm also still on the side that the helmeted one is pretty decent. Not sure I'm feeling the aggressive eyebrows, but otherwise I would say it's better than HT Luke and Red 5--but to be fair, both of those also look pretty good with the X-wing helmet on.

Yeah, I should have specified...I was talking about unhelmeted sculpt. Helmeted can be fine but as TonTon said, every other sculpt is fine with the helmet on.

Yeah, I should have specified...I was talking about unhelmeted sculpt. Helmeted can be fine but as TonTon said, every other sculpt is fine with the helmet on.

Yeah I agree with you on that point. The unhelmeted sculpt is poor. But the helmeted sculpt is the best Hamill helmeted sculpt to date IMO. Try saying that after a few beers :lol

Thanks for the pics and the disrobing screamingmetal, very cool. So they made the pants but not the harpoon gun? :slap

Glad folks like the pics but I love yours Indymos. Maybe I invest in a little camera as I phone is a bit crap for this. Not sure a go pro can do stills.

One thing I would say after some tool kept hounding my post on Facebook saying it was crap is that Sideshow are an American company and perhaps we should be a little more supportive. Be critical of course but just maybe keep in mind too that Hot Toys are an Chinese company. I think along with Ash, Sideshow are competing well here. Not winning but competing. :)

This place is the worst. I was all set to just let this go to sold out or come in stock (whichever) but then read your post and worried about what if it is truly limited and went back to PC and ordered with some pennies I had.

Even after that it came out to $260 shipped, which still feels like way too much for this guy, but what's done is done.

Agreed. It came out to be around the same price as ordering thru SS which was waaaaaaay too much for a their product but they got me. I missed out on Rex Phase 2 which is going for insane price after market and I didn't want the same thing happening again. So it's mine whenever PC gets it in....

I hope the story had a happy ending!!

Thanks a lot for the pictures and info. I asked for the pic with Vader! Thanx.

Glad I could help!
Just to follow up... When you dress a dolly usually you try to get the cuffs of the sleeves even with each other through all the layers, best to do this off the figure, get the cuffs of the clothing even, then pull the whole thing back onto the arms so that everything is nice and even. Well when I did that, I could not get the glove tops over this in any reasonable way. I found it's best to let the flight suit cuffs slide to about mid forearm, then just make sure the jacket cuffs are pulled to the figure's wrist ends and not covering the wrist peg hols, the glove tops should just slide into place easily.
Well, through all of this I managed to pull off a small shiny button on the cuffs of the flight suit sleeves, and the holster's magnetic posts that secure the holster's belt loop and one of the magnetic posts on the holster for the strap to keep the gun in place. all of these were easy quick fixes.
For reference, the type of glue that I find works best for gluing cloth to plastic or metal is Quick Grip All-Purpose Permanent Adhesive, you can find this stuff at Home Depot, Lowes, and Wallmart.

I missed out on Rex Phase 2 which is going for insane price after market and I didn't want the same thing happening again. So it's mine whenever PC gets it in....

Same here. That still smarts. Every time I look at my order list on SS I see my canceled Arc Troopers for $149 and I just shake my head in disgust.

Back