SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the pics Eamon but they only confirm what we already knew - lifelike it may be but Hamill it ain't.

Everyone's waitlist will convert.

Sorry but I disagree. This is the best Mark Hamill sculpt to date IMO. If you know of a better one please show us :dunno

I pulled the flight suit off mine.

f49f451fea31805a19efaf0b3a049905.jpg

Hey, that's Molecule8's actual production skeleton, right?

Greta pictures Eamon!

I do think the helmeted sculpt is one of the better Hamill's...

The unhelmeted is sad and worthless. Maybe with a better hair sculpt it would be serviceable. Maybe.

Last edited:
Sorry but I disagree. This is the best Mark Hamill sculpt to date IMO. If you know of a better one please show us :dunno
Can't believe I'm reading this. The sculpt has worst likeness than almost every modern era one, and maybe even (huge leap here) than old SSC Stormie Luke...so basically IMHO it is worse than: DX07 (both), Red 5, HT Luke, SSC Hoth Luke (both, exspecially the unhelmeted one). To each is own, I suppose.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9301I utilizzando Tapatalk

Do you really think this helmeted likeness is worse than the X-wing likeness? Remember, two different Hamill's here -- pre and post accident.

Truthfully, I'd be happy with both, but I can only afford one. I did get to see the X-wing in person at Midtown comics and it is a really nice figure in person. I was tempted... but I like the poofy Hoth jacket.

:lol

I'm also still on the side that the helmeted one is pretty decent. Not sure I'm feeling the aggressive eyebrows, but otherwise I would say it's better than HT Luke and Red 5--but to be fair, both of those also look pretty good with the X-wing helmet on.

I can get this figure for around $250 shipped from Popcultcha using $50 in pennies. I'm thinking it's worth it to check out at the very least, won't have a young Luke until HT ROTJ otherwise.

Don't you have the X-wing?

I was laughing at Sith's disbelief of Adam by the way. I had the X-wing for a bit but sold it in anticipation of this one or HT Poe, not sure I need multiple flight suits on the shelf since space is limited, but the orange suit looks so damn good. Knowing how good that figure looked, I think most people would be happy with that or this snowspeeder version (helmet on in both cases).

For X-wing Luke I preferred the HT head in the helmet to the SS head, neither of which I'm too fond of outside of that.

And technically I still have Luke Stormtrooper, but I usually just use that as a Stormie so I sort of forget about that one.

Last edited:
I do like the more vivid color of orange on the X-wing... and the nice contrast with the black boots and gloves...

But I do love the overall outfit of the Snowspeeder get-up... especially with the Rebel style jacket and the holster belt. He's more battle-ready.

I hope someone here makes a grappling gun and offers it up.

I personally prefer the Snowpeeder duds as well, as I'm also in the camp that likes the poofy suit better. It's also the same suit he crash landed on Dagobah in, no?

He got temporarily banned arguing about something with a mod. I just got curious and looked him up, looks like he is reinstated but has not come back. Hope he does, the boards are kinda boring if everyone agrees on EVERY subject. Nothing wrong with a little back and forth so long as it doesn't get hostile. I fight with a few of my real life friends all the time:)

I believe he was temporarily banned because he took issue with our administrator- Darklord Dave deleting posts that were highly critical of QMX's Star Trek Capt. Picard figure. Dave is the owner of the Sideshow Collectors forum here as well as Product Manager at QMx and Marketing Consultant for Star Ace.

Oh okay, I wasn't aware of that. Just checking since it seemed he abruptly stopped posting. Thanks for letting me know. Hopefully he's back soon.

And nice photos Eamon! It's kind of overcast today so lighting isn't ideal. I'll try and get some up later though.

I do like the more vivid color of orange on the X-wing... and the nice contrast with the black boots and gloves...

But I do love the overall outfit of the Snowspeeder get-up... especially with the Rebel style jacket and the holster belt. He's more battle-ready.

Wor-Gar, if like you, I didn't have the X-wing Luke, then I would definitely consider Snow-Speeder Luke, as I know that you've been waiting for this one to satisfy you display needs for a Luke in flight-suit figure.

If you've got the RPs that will drop the retail price considerably, then go for it.

If not, I highly recommend saving quite some money and picking up X-Wing Luke.

Unless the height issue doesn't bother your or you already have a donor body available, it's going to be more money being tossed into the Snow-Speeder Luke.

If you just want one general representation of Luke in his flight suit, I highly recommend X-Wing Luke, as he does look fantastic next to my HT Han, Chewie and Leia figures. No mods required and the helmeted sculpt looks fantastic.

If it's Snow-speeder Luke that you've been waiting for specifically, then it looks like you've got no choice but to bite the bullet... Unless you're willing to wait for a Hot Toys iteration in the future...

I personally prefer the Snowpeeder duds as well, as I'm also in the camp that likes the poofy suit better. It's also the same suit he crash landed on Dagobah in, no?

Indeed he wears it while in the X-wing journeying to Dagobah. So basically this figure is both a Snowspeeder/Hoth figure and a Dagobah/X-wing figure.

If you've got the RPs that will drop the retail price considerably, then go for it.

If it's Snow-speeder Luke that you've been waiting for specifically, then it looks like you've got no choice but to bite the bullet... Unless you're willing to wait for a Hot Toys iteration in the future...

The problem is that Snowspeeder Luke is on Waitlist, where RP's can't be used. Otherwise it would have been a direct order with a reduction.

I also looked at PopCulcha, but it's just so damn expensive for what you get.

Oh well, I guess I'll just need to be patient. Hot Toys is in ESB mode now. Odds are pretty long, but maybe they'll do a Luke in flight gear sometime relatively soon...

Or he comes off Waitlist....also pretty long odds.

Wor-Gar, if like you, I didn't have the X-wing Luke, then I would definitely consider Snow-Speeder Luke, as I know that you've been waiting for this one to satisfy you display needs for a Luke in flight-suit figure.

If not, I highly recommend saving quite some money and picking up X-Wing Luke.

Unless the height issue doesn't bother your or you already have a donor body available, it's going to be more money being tossed into the Snow-Speeder Luke.

If you just want one general representation of Luke in his flight suit, I highly recommend X-Wing Luke, as he does look fantastic next to my HT Han, Chewie and Leia figures. No mods required and the helmeted sculpt looks fantastic.

Yes, agreed, all good points.

I'm pretty sure this waitlisted item shall return and I will pick it up at that time -- been saving points from 2x Spooktaculars in preparation for this item.

I picked it up thru PC......I was on the fence but if exclusive to only select channels I don't want to pay even crazier prices should I want it. I have x wing Luke which came cheap so this'll offset that deal so I tell myself :)

To be accurate you need both - on Hoth Luke's flight suit is a darker orange than the jacket.

Back