SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New photos:

1001171_press11.jpg

1001171_press04.jpg
1001171_press13.jpg

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/blog/ne...&utm_campaign=OR_1001171LukeSnowspeederFigure

Still no holster leg strap.:slap

It looks pretty good, paint might be a bit weak... but one of the better looking figures. Just hope we can see some clearer shots of the headsculpt... this one's a bit less washed out than the previously posed one.

Hands don't look too oversized either... the gloves that came with the X-Wing Luke were laughable.

1001171_press03.jpg

I really want to order this. Hope he turns out as good as he's looking so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is the missing leg strap supposed to be screen accurate to Hoth (rather than to Dagobah)?

6a10a2b1179938d5ca00e5e1748c4bca.jpg

Did it not fit over the extra layers to ward off the Norwegian cold?

Hmmmm... I like it.

I don't like the sculpt so much, hidden somewhat by backlight, but I would never display him without helmet. I guess I can add the missing strap.

Nothing glaring looks wrong beyond that. Looks very much like the proto to me. Can never really tell until someone has the figure in hand or we get a review or unboxing video.

But overall, looks like one of Sideshow's best figures to date.

Ironic they would tailor the gun belt to this specific scene and not add the grappling gun that's such an imperative part of it. Also noticed they give you one hilt and a removable blade for the light saber. HOW much cheaper could SS be? My HT Luke came with ten times the accessories and two lightsaber hilts for $40 less! Heck the Hoth Luke had two sabers, macro-binoculars, and environment base for considerably less!

Looks good and I'm glad I bought it (with points) but it's alarming how badly they're cheaping out and yet constantly raising their prices.

Last edited:
You are correct actually. It's gone in this sequence because his belt rides to high and because of the needed rigging:

Thanks for posting those.

The holster is completely missing there. I'll have to watch the film through again.

I think the sculpt looks good and overall the figure looks okay. But I do think the head looks a bit small compared to the rest of the body. Or perhaps the suit is a bit too thick/puffy, which then makes the head look small in comparison. I realize SS was going for the heavier Norway Hoth flight suit look, but I think they went a tad overboard.

I’m passing since I’m hoping HT tackles this outfit someday. But I’m still curious and eagerly waiting for some in hand pics.

I think the sculpt looks good and overall the figure looks okay. But I do think the head looks a bit small compared to the rest of the body. Or perhaps the suit is a bit too thick/puffy, which then makes the head look small in comparison. I realize SS was going for the heavier Norway Hoth flight suit look, but I think they went a tad overboard.

I’m passing since I’m hoping HT tackles this outfit someday. But I’m still curious and eagerly waiting for some in hand pics.

Lu read my mind on my initial thoughts of these photos. Looking forward to more--looks like a solid figure, but with some minor issues like always.

I guess it makes sense he wouldn't wear his holster while piloting. Although he has it on when he lands on Dagobah.

Just put the Blu-ray in. After talking to 2-1B and picking up his gear Luke walks to the Falcon and the holster is missing, so it shouldn't be on this uniform until he reaches Dagobah.

And on Dagobah it has a leg strap.

So either way it's wrong.

Just checked the film: Luke has no holster on Hoth.

But on Dagobah he has a holster with thigh strap.

So Sideshow went somewhere in-between. :lol

EDIT: Kuat beat me by seconds. I love DVRs.

I like the holster look -- gonna steal the strap off an older SS Han or Luke.

Overall it looks good. We need to see more to judge it fully.
I think this shot gives the best look at the helmeted production head:
1001171_press07.jpg

I'm posting the rest:
1001171_press02.jpg

1001171_press03.jpg

1001171_press04.jpg

1001171_press05.jpg

1001171_press06.jpg

1001171_press08.jpg

1001171_press09.jpg

1001171_press10.jpg

1001171_press11.jpg

1001171_press15.jpg

1001171_press16.jpg

I like these pictures the most:
1001171_press12.jpg

1001171_press13.jpg

1001171_press14.jpg

The thing I really dislike is that ungloved hand used to hold the folded gloves, it doesn't look quite right.

I think it looks really good here. That's how it will look on the shelf... and I'm good with it.

Luke Pilot Hoth.jpg

I don't like the boots and believe they should have been soft goods, but I plan to muck them up with "snow" effect. I want this as Hoth pilot... since he does one of his best action bits ever in this outfit, helmet on.

Back