SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it looks really great. But yeah--that price!:horror Even at $50 less it would have been a stretch but I might have considered it.

I will still consider this--it's a much more interesting outfit to me than almost every other Luke in the OT.

If the paint work comes out as nice as the Indy figure and there aren't issues with the outfit I would pick it up. The arms unfortunately still don't look like they hang naturally. Like in this shot. Kinda disappointing that they made a new body but didn't solve that issue with their bodies.

100117_press14-768x1151.jpg

This would be an easy buy but if it were $220, retooled pieces and all. Like Utah said, DX Luke had so much more and was cheaper but even going by current pricing, HT figures have been around $220-$240 for figures like this. $270 is nuts. Might still pick it up with rewards points if the the production piece looks as good. Really don't know what Sideshow is thinking with their prices unless they really just don't give a ****.

Ridiculous price and ridiculous looking blue otter pop light saber............oh sideshow you silly monkeys you........:nono

Yeah, wow - the first Sideshow figure to crack $250 leapfrogs the next logical pricepoint from Luke X (around $255-260) and does a runner toward $300. Honestly, I see bank robbery as my only option going forward.:slap

It's amazing to put this one next to Luke Hoth (from a year or so ago,) which had pretty identical outfit complexity and accessories and the two heads (and a snow-bits stand - this one doesn't show a stand?) and was $199.

This one is $70 more?! Six or seven years ago that price difference bought you a whole Sideshow figure.

Despite the newer "turn off all the lights" way SSC photographs its figures (high contrast, heavy shadowing - just show me the damn figure!!,) the headsculpt looks decent. And it's not a reuse of the Hoth head. That being said, everyone knows you can't judge a SSC sculpt until you see the production head.

The coat looks amazing. I like that they did a new - and better - sculpt of the Hoth boots and redid the color from that weird green-brown/tan. And it looks like the glove cuffs have been tweaked so they don't look like sleeping bags rolled around the wrists like the stock Hoth figs do. Helmet weathering looks a whole lot better.

Of course it had to be this way - one of my grail figures turns out to be the first $270 Sideshow figure.:gah::gah::gah:

Wonder where Sideshow comes up with the extra $50 increase? American employees?

Besides that, you know they'll also nickel-and-dime you with their inflated shipping. Another $10 into the Sideshow coffers.

US$270?!?! To me that is an absolute bloody joke! At these prices, Hot Toys figures are better value for money. Considering pretty much all of Hot Toys recent Star Wars figures are well below this price, and many come with more accessories, this pricing just makes no sense to me at all.

I paid the pretty ridiculous $250 for the Xwing Luke, and was very disappointed in the head sculpt paint app (or lack thereof). Sideshow wont fool me twice. I used to be a strong supporter, but I just can't at these prices, quality level, and value for money in terms of accessories etc. I just don't get this pricing.

Sideshow used to be competitive with their pricing, but not it seems they are the ones pushing the upper limit. I wish there was some clear reason why.....Hot Toys used to be the ones pushing the upper limit, but that was due to their quality and amount of stuff that came in the package. But now it almost seems arbitrary as to how Sideshow price their figures? Is it just Luke and some licensing thing? Either way, I just cant justify the price on this one for my own collection.

Seems SS is trying to cash in on what's left of their SW license with the more obscure characters / uniforms before HT takes over totally.

Have Sideshow ever explained why Luke X-Wing was so expensive? Could it be that Disney are asking for more cash for the license?

Just trying to be charitable, even if I don't feel that way. :)

US$270?!?! To me that is an absolute bloody joke! At these prices, Hot Toys figures are better value for money. Considering pretty much all of Hot Toys recent Star Wars figures are well below this price, and many come with more accessories, this pricing just makes no sense to me at all.

I paid the pretty ridiculous $250 for the Xwing Luke, and was very disappointed in the head sculpt paint app (or lack thereof). Sideshow wont fool me twice. I used to be a strong supporter, but I just can't at these prices, quality level, and value for money in terms of accessories etc. I just don't get this pricing.

Sideshow used to be competitive with their pricing, but not it seems they are the ones pushing the upper limit. I wish there was some clear reason why.....Hot Toys used to be the ones pushing the upper limit, but that was due to their quality and amount of stuff that came in the package. But now it almost seems arbitrary as to how Sideshow price their figures? Is it just Luke and some licensing thing? Either way, I just cant justify the price on this one for my own collection.

What's so strange about this "era" is that you have to wonder if Sideshow is paying any attention at all.

I mean on the one hand you've got serious, consistent misses in terms of headsculpt quality and the rapid spread of the "eh, I'll wait for HT" comment (the perception that Sideshow is a distant second to HT.) On the other, you've got this massive explosion in pricing.

It's a weird situation - why on earth would you be jacking prices by $70-100 at the same time HT has invaded your 1/6 monopoly with superior product that sometimes has more included and costs less?

Two years ago, wouldn't Sideshow have devoted every resource to getting their paint apps and bodies up to HT level (surely not a big increase in costs on either account,) while trying to maintain prices that were a little below HT.... and also be offering the cool-but-not-main-character figures that HT will never do?

Figs like General Veers, Dengar, Admiral Ackbar and a new Greedo offered in the $180 range would sell out - fast. Instead we get Luke for $270 with the same old questions about how the headsculpt is going to look, and why it's $40 more than the packed-with-accessories HT ANH Luke.

At only $20 more, this is a good deal relative to Luke X-wing... plus you get a lightsaber and pistol. :lol

No wonder they haven't offered 4-LOM yet... he's gonna be $260 at this pricing. Zuckuss will be $299.99.

Luke X was $240, Luke Snowspeeder is $270 - but yeah, technically the new figure has over $30 more in value (extra head, gunbelt, jacket, weapons etc). Just wish Luke X didn't set the bar so damned high.

The issue with those other figs is what I've been saying since Sideshow's prices took a trip to the moon - who's going to pay $250+ for second and third string characters when Ht will be announcing an amazing Bespin Han for around the same or even less?

No wonder they haven't offered 4-LOM yet... he's gonna be $260 at this pricing. Zuckuss will be $299.99.

Perhaps I'll eat my words but I don't think those figures are marketable at those prices. Perhaps ssc views the more mainstream characters as a opportunity to subsidize? :dunno. This damn thing costs as much as the dx sets now. Hope hot toys stays in the $200-230ish range. Just because I have the money doesn't mean I can/will continue to justify these excessive price hikes. I like my collection enough now where I am close to saying uncle.

Thats actually been my worry since I saw the price for this. I had been hopeful that 4-LOM would have been less than C-3PO since they had the body already like how the new Hot Toys Falcon is less than the first release.

This actually looks really good. I had hopes for the red 5 sculpt but the paint let me down. It was very close on sculpt. I picked that one up for $189.00 shipped on eBay and was able to sell the head and the body to bring it down to $100.00. If I can get a butt load of reward points before this ships I'll pick it up but I k ow I'll have to see in hand picks before I fork over the cash.

Now I have high hopes for this one as well.

This sculpt I actually like. Probably the first sideshow sculpt I've liked since old Ben. Everything looks really good except the saber and the price.

Back