SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if Sideshow are timing this to coincide with the release of the rumoured Luke/ Yoda two pack from HT that Jack Bauer seemed to think was coming? People will buy this for the outfit then swap the head with the HT Luke, which would have to be a new sculpt as their existing ESB Luke's have PERS. It would be a win for both companies.

I wonder if Sideshow are timing this to coincide with the release of the rumoured Luke/ Yoda two pack from HT that Jack Bauer seemed to think was coming? People will buy this for the outfit then swap the head with the HT Luke, which would have to be a new sculpt as their existing ESB Luke's have PERS. It would be a win for both companies.
I've been thinking the same thing with the Yoda/Dagobah Luke two pack.

I could see this as planned timing, but for people with limited cash flow I just can't see them plopping down $500-600+ on both Yoda/Dagobah Luke Two Pack and this. That's saying if the HT Two Pack came in around $300. And I think that would maybe be the low end.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I'm very sorry, but there is absolutely no way this Luke is worth 40% more than the Hoth version. Which, by the way, is still available at retailers.

Wasn't he talking about that like a year ago? Is there any new confirmed news regarding - ANY - HT ESB or ROTJ figure (beyond Fett)?

Just seemed like there was a ton of talk long ago about HT's ESB and ROTJ plans, but then HT went silent on OT SW. It's been almost a year since the last OT announcement...

I keep expecting to see a Luke Jedi, Yoda or Han Bespin announced, but...:dunno

Just noticed this head has a weird "snow" effect (that looks like grey hair) on the headsculpt hair, which is also another fairly underwhelming hair sculpt - a bit unfortunate considering how poorly the Luke X hair came out, downgrading the unhelmeted head in terms of realism.

Dunno what people are complaining about on the likeness though - this looks like it could have potential, but who knows what the prod'n sculpt will look like.

s6nc6u.png

Wasn't he talking about that like a year ago? Is there any new confirmed news regarding - ANY - HT ESB or ROTJ figure (beyond Fett)?

Just seemed like there was a ton of talk long ago about HT's ESB and ROTJ plans, but then HT went silent on OT SW. It's been almost a year since the last OT announcement...

Just noticed this head has a weird "snow" effect (that looks like grey hair) on the headsculpt hair - a bit unfortunate.

s6nc6u.png

I'm sure it was mentioned a couple of months ago. Who knows what the hold up is in getting more OT figures announced. But I can't see them not making more given that they've had to do a second run of some of the first ones.

Yeah likeness is there and the shape of the hair sculpt is pretty recognizably Luke, but it's not very detailed. I'm actually kinda bummed there's no head sculpt with the white cowl. I was thinking we'd get that and no hair sculpt (so no second sculpt at all like the X-wing figure)--I guess they're already trying to upgrade everyone's Hoth Luke head sculpt.

The blog has a full gallery up now....

Well, this looks great to me....I have Red Five Luke and it's a fine figure....the flight suit is excellent, the gear looks good and this looks like a good follow-up. With the recent success of the Indy TOD portrait (in terms of coming out so well in production) and the tailoring on some recent figures (Indy, Red Five, TIE Pilot) being so good....I'm really looking forward to this one.

Anything from Hoth works for me.... :) I just wish they'd include one of those "snow wedges" with the stand....

Well, this looks great to me....I have Red Five Luke and it's a fine figure....the flight suit is excellent, the gear looks good and this looks like a good follow-up. With the recent success of the Indy TOD portrait (in terms of coming out so well in production) and the tailoring on some recent figures (Indy, Red Five, TIE Pilot) being so good....I'm really looking forward to this one.

Anything from Hoth works for me.... :)

:exactly:

This looks great.

Not sold on the unhelmeted look yet, but as with X-Wing Luke it looks much better in the helmet.

jedibear said:
I just wish they'd include one of those "snow wedges" with the stand....

I took those off the Hoth figures because they were taking up too much room. Think I might utilize a set on this to set the figure off.

Interesting is that we all assume they're re-using Hoth parts, but the belt, boots, gauntlets, and gloves all look new to me. Only the crappy sparkling lightsaber looks re-used.

Actually looks better than I expected. Why better than the xwing Luke which I'm glad I held off on.

Yep, all the stuff I mentioned I have no reason to believe they wouldn't make. It is pretty solid info. However HT works on their own timeline so I have zero info on that. I quit posting hints because I get berated and called a fake and some pretty nasty things by some of the adolescent members here when I don't give all the exact info I have. Like I owe it to them. So I don't hint at anything anymore. People here get way too serious about the dollies. ;)

Just noticed this head has a weird "snow" effect (that looks like grey hair) on the headsculpt hair, which is also another fairly underwhelming hair sculpt - a bit unfortunate considering how poorly the Luke X hair came out, downgrading the unhelmeted head in terms of realism.

Dunno what people are complaining about on the likeness though - this looks like it could have potential, but who knows what the prod'n sculpt will look like.

s6nc6u.png

Back