SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,

I am probably going to be selling my figure soon, so if anyone is interested, please feel free to drop me a PM.

A few things to mention:
1) I have sold the original belt, un-helmeted head, blaster & base. All other original parts, accessories & box included.
2) I have added a custom real leather belt by Gustavo Ponce, which is WAY nicer than the original piece.
3) My figure will be sold with the Inigo V2 ROTJ/ESB Luke Skywalker headsculpt painted by Mark Simpson (I will also include the ROTJ hairpiece).
4) This figure has a Hot Toys saber hilt & blade, which are both MUCH nicer than their Sideshow equivalents.
5) The figure will come with a blaster from the Sideshow Bespin Han figure.
6) I am in the UK, so please factor in the increased postage costs if you are not in the UK.

Pete

DC4F003E-0D15-43F3-8B72-A8F18D55F864.jpg

Last edited:
Finally finished mine based upon the photo above. Thanks to all of the good advice I got here on how to put it together:

d7c76ff12000983f551821d9b613d3d4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although I’ve never been completely sold on the DX head sculpt, this is by far the best version I’ve seen of this figure. Such a natural pose. Well done!

Looks great! this reminds me - have wondered from time to time if HT will a version of this figure.

Yeah totally I am the same.

I actually had this guy but decided to sell him for a huge profit, with the idea Hot Toys would get to him with a far superior sculpt.....I'm still waiting.........

Considering ESB still needs quite a few characters, they should get there soon I hope. One look at the secondary market and they should know he would be worthwhile doing.

Yeah, out of around 100 figures in my collection this is probably still my favorite fig. It has a few issues (I recently bought a HT Bespin belt as the belt on this is a little wonky) and really should have come with the grappling harpoon gun but it's just a superb fig.

I think it's likely Sideshow will do a re-release of this figure at some point. It'll just suddenly appear as a PO without much fanfare. The good thing is that for V.2 it will likely be stripped back a bit in terms of no second headsculpt and will be the same $270 price, but that doesn't matter because the no-helmet head is the weakest part of the release so you really don't need it.

Yeah totally I am the same.

I actually had this guy but decided to sell him for a huge profit, with the idea Hot Toys would get to him with a far superior sculpt.....I'm still waiting.........

Considering ESB still needs quite a few characters, they should get there soon I hope. One look at the secondary market and they should know he would be worthwhile doing.

This is literally my most wanted figure from HT.

I just keep patiently waiting...

yeah i`m happy to have him. even if hot toys did him i might just get the sculpt and what ever else it might came with. i think sideshow did a great job enough that i dont think i would upgrade it to HT

yeah i`m happy to have him. even if hot toys did him i might just get the sculpt and what ever else it might came with. i think sideshow did a great job enough that i dont think i would upgrade it to HT

The snow jacket is 1/2 the Luke Snowspeeder figure and I really couldn't see HT even matching, let alone outdoing, Sideshow's jacket. They did an unbelievable job. Spot-on cut/sew (the fluting trim is really, REALLY hard to get right,) spot-on fabric poseability, spot-on color.

You look at the HT Imperial Gunner jumpsuit vs the Sideshow TIE pilot or ATAT driver jumpsuit and the Sideshow version is noticeably better, so it shows that HT does not always mean better vs Sideshow - headsculpts definitely yes, outfits/accessories/weapons definitely not. I swapped out that junk blaster that HT Leia Hoth came with for the old SSC version (rebel fleet trooper blaster) - way, way more accurate.

And incredible paint apps aside, HT has struggled with Luke's likeness just as much as SSC has - so it's an open question whether it would be a huge upgrade to get a HT Luke Snowpseeder head for the SSC fig, especially when the SSC helmeted head looks stellar (the unhelmeted head definitely does not.)

Back