SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the Freaks show, EathwormJim. :duff

I wouldn't pay the crazy secondary prices just yet. Even though it will be a couple of years, I would recommend waiting for the HT version. I'm sure it will include more accessories (such as the grappling gun) and a better head sculpt.

With that being said, I do have the initial "X-wing Luke" figure from Sideshow and love it. The head sculpt is fine when hidden inside the helmet. That orange flight suit sticks out great against the blacks, whites and browns of most Star Wars figures. I'll definitely be picking up the HT version once it is offered.

coco dress 3 sm.jpg

Great pictures Pizza! Looks pretty cool with the HT ROTJ sculpts. I?ll have to try that out too.

Very nice customizations there as well parrasmaniac! The Dagobah Landing look is always one of my favorites.

And I agree FlyAndFight, the orange jumpsuits contrasts nicely with other figures. Id like to see Hot Toys? take on Snowspeeder and X-wing Luke.

I?ll add a shot to the thread as well, this one from a couple years ago:

f81bfa9dc1f6161a3a995a6f5198ac90.jpg

A new shot with the unmasked head sculpt. It?s been a long time since I put this head on. While it?s not the best, I don?t mind using it for display.

The thing that irks me the most right now is the belt. Recently its been popping off very easily. Even the magnets don?t stay securely in place due to the weak glue. But other than the belt and unmasked sculpt, this figure is excellent.

de5949d62f607bd41f9b2ecfe5832ed0.jpg

Yeah, I finally gave up on the belt and put on my extra HT Bespin belt, though the waist belt part had to be extended due to the bigger "parka" waistline on the Snowspeeder jacket.

It's still my #1 fave 1/6 fig in my collection of about 100 figs. This and my custom Bossk flip-flop as my favorites, but this usually wins.

lUUhfxH.jpg

Your Luke is looking superb there TaliBane. Really wish this figure came with the grappling blaster. And same for me, probably my favorite 1/6 figure I own. In fact one of my top favorite figures period.

Your Luke is looking superb there TaliBane. Really wish this figure came with the grappling blaster. And same for me, probably my favorite 1/6 figure I own. In fact one of my top favorite figures period.

Thanks, yeah the only thing left to do on this is take some isopropyl alcohol and a q-tip and rub the boot straps. Hopefully some of that too-dark weathering will come off and it'll lighten them up slightly.

I'm still contemplating swapping out the webbing. It's slightly too narrow for my liking. I already swapped out the chestbox for a custom one (the stock one is a bit small) so I guess why stop with that and the HT DX belt.:lol

There's one available for $1,850 right now on ebay. Grab it!

Haha, I bought a third one for generalgrievous on here for about US$200 but he'd already gotten one, so I on-sold it a few months later. At one point I had three of these.:horror

Still can't believe HT never made this Luke and still hasn't delved very deep into ESB. Where's that ESB Han? Where's that new ESB Bespin Luke? Where's ESB Lando?

What do we have so far from ESB: Hoth Leia, Yoda, Vader, Fett, Snowtrooper, and an ancient Bespin Luke. Is that it?

What year was DX07 now? 2011-2012... In this hobby, that is ancient history.

Its still a good figure overall. Both of them. I'd really like to see how they would improve upon it. Beyond the sculpt, I don't see a lot of value for myself to buy a 3rd Bespin Luke for near $300. Likely why HT has never remade that figure. They know the market and how many they sold. Probably the lion's share of the hobby has that Luke.

Back