SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah that's why i laugh in side as people always say i will wait for HT. half of there figures that HT have not blown me away some of there PT figures are sadly better then most of the original figures except for like tarkin and some leias but other then that they have been like pfft

This figure really makes my Luke display pop. Sideshow knocked this out of the park. If and when Hot Toys do it, it will be a tough figure to beat.

IMG_2659 (2).jpg

One of my favorite figures!
A HT version would probably have better unhelmeted head sculpt, better belt, better boots and be maybe a bit smaller. Other than that this version is pretty much unbeatable.

If Sideshow were to rerelease this, I would definitely jump on it at this point, since I no longer feel nearly as certain HT will get around to it. We've been waiting ages just for something as basic as Bespin Han, and who knows if they even consider the pilot uniforms an essential enough look to make.

I still think a HT version would have a higher quality look and feel, just like with everything else they make compared to Sideshow, but at this point I'd be content modding and making any improvements that are necessary with this one.

I'm sure HT will do this version, just might be 5 years down the line at this rate. I just don't see them leaving money on the table, they love variants and OT sells.

The paint on the portrait and helmet will be better. Figure will be a bit smaller on a better body. Whether the actual likeness is good remains highly questionable, but it wouldn't take much to beat the un-helmeted SSC portrait. I think they can pull off the jacket.

They make some weird decisions and omissions, but as others have brought up, OT sells no matter when, so that may be why they don't rush to create certain figures with other presumably more time-sensitive ones in the pipeline. Although lately we seem to see nothing but delays, even pre-virus.

Loving seeing this guy getting attention. It is my favourite sixth scale figure. I agree it's highly unlikely HT will bring as good a version to the table, better paint app to the unhelmeted portrait (assuming HT does one, they have shied away from double head releases mostly) but that is likely it. In fact given HT record with Luke, it'll probably just get the RotJ sculpt with swap-out helmet. I'd love to be wrong though.

Nice Pizza !

Got to say that windswept hair and eyes look a bit freaky when taken from certain angles. Like he's scared out of his mind :lol

But having the Deluxe and Jedi Luke certainly gives a lot of options.

Great job. Did you swap the body as well or just the head?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks great but at the same time a little off. Is the head slightly too small for the figure? I know it's a big puffer jacket but it didn't look that big in the movie. With the helmet on the proportions look much better. But I agree with all the windswept hair look suits this figure well and perhaps in hand the proportions look better. Really nice set up of Luke's you have there.

That looks great but at the same time a little off. Is the head slightly too small for the figure? I know it's a big puffer jacket but it didn't look that big in the movie. With the helmet on the proportions look much better. But I agree with all the windswept hair look suits this figure well and perhaps in hand the proportions look better. Really nice set up of Luke's you have there.

I noticed the same and was thinking if the head were set a little higher on the neck, the head size might feel a little better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks good, but Yes, it?s also that when Luke was on Hoth his jacket was way more buff than on Dagobah. It would help to trim the flight suit under the jacket like some people have.

hi there,

it's an old picture, but I did the following:

- remove the red fat suit
- made a body swap, used DX07
- used also the DX07 boots
- did not use the gloved hands

For a more slim Dagobah arrival look, and reduce the puffiness.

Hope you like it guys!

26071622_2043079142643154_8980321499726479360_n.jpg

Whats up freaks long time lurker finally decided to join I really wish I would've gotten this when it was out I remember seeing it on display at SWceleration in Orlando in 17? At that point I had JUST started collecting 1/6 and now the resale on this guy is crazy would love to see them reissue this since ESB is turning 40 if not I may have to bite the bullet and get scalpt because this is one of my favorite lukes ! And That Picture with the hot toys wind swept hair isnt making it any easier :rotfl

Back