SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally don't get the hype the new Indy is getting but to each its own I guess...

No brainer, dude. It looks pretty damn good, cost me $45 (versus minimum $200 - more like $250-300 - for a painted custom head) and it blows the old HT Indy sculpt out of the water.:dunno

If it wasn't 10-20% too small it would be awesome.

Sideshow turned a corner with Indy.

25100965595_82d96d2466_o.jpg

And as Matt Bischof wrote to me,

So, Indy is hopefully the new standard for sculpting and painting. :pray:

Did you tell him he left all the heads in the clothes dryer for an hour too long and shrunk them?:lol

HT obviously did not score the ESB license. Would love to see a Hoth Leia out of HT, tho. Prove me wrong.

They got the Dagobah license, but not the Hoth license is what I heard.

If it wasn't 10-20% too small it would be awesome.

Did you tell him he left all the heads in the clothes dryer for an hour too long and shrunk them?:lol

It's exactly the same size as the DX05. I don't recall anyone complaining about the size of that, only that it failed to resemble Harrison Ford.

At 1 1/2 inches high it's exactly 1/8th of the entire figure, which is touted to be the 'ideal' proportion.

The head isn't too small, but out of the box it sits too high on the neck, which is why it may appear small. Pull out the neck plug from the body, and sit the head down lower.

I'm sold on this, was about to buy the X-Wing version but really wanted this one. I think the Sideshow hate is somewhat warranted but a bit over the top, HT Han and Farmboy Luke aren't anything spectacular compared to other HT sculpts, SSC XWing Luke was ok and maybe this'll be even better.

They got the Dagobah license, but not the Hoth license is what I heard.

Where did you hear this? It's great news as I love the Dagobah scenes. Hopefully HT will do a Dagobah X-wing Luke figure and the deluxe version will come with one of hose wonderful trees with the exposed roots.

HT obviously did not score the ESB license. Would love to see a Hoth Leia out of HT, tho. Prove me wrong.

I think the new license just allows them to do the first movie from each trilogy. Think about it, lots of ANH figures and lots of TFA figures. So we should get lots of Phantom Menace figures next. Hopefully a nice little Ani and JarJar. :monkey1:

I think the new license just allows them to do the first movie from each trilogy. Think about it, lots of ANH figures and lots of TFA figures. So we should get lots of Phantom Menace figures next. Hopefully a nice little Ani and JarJar. :monkey1:

Wait, so you're saying this is actually the version of Boba Fett Hot Toys just released? No wonder the paint apps don't match RotJ.

han-solo-and-jabba-the-hut-and-boba-fett-star-wars-special-edition.jpg

I am really looking forward for a preview of the headsculpt on this one.

With the new paint-apps I think Sideshow can offer a very interesting scarred Snowspeeder Luke this time.

HT have the license to all the films. They'll get to all of them. Of the prequels, I just want Obi-Wan, Anakin, Dooku and Qui-Gon. Maybe Mace.

Based on what, your silly/delusional opinion? Hot toys is in it to make money like everybody else. They sold so many OT figures so fast they had to make more, which they apparently have never done in the past. I'm sure they will continue making new stuff, but I guarantee the OT is in the plans as well:wink1:

Based on the fact that they have license for all the upcoming marvel, DC, Star Wars films not counting other projects+limited resources.

You are right, they are in it to make money and they are going to gear thier resources towards current movies that have current excitement (not that passionate OT fans ever stopped caring).

I'm sold on this, was about to buy the X-Wing version but really wanted this one. I think the Sideshow hate is somewhat warranted but a bit over the top, HT Han and Farmboy Luke aren't anything spectacular compared to other HT sculpts, SSC XWing Luke was ok and maybe this'll be even better.

Yeah, seriously - I've been pretty disappointed with HT's SW efforts so far. It always makes me laugh to hear the "I'm waiting for HT..." or "rather have HT..." - the HT SW sculpts have been underwhelming to decent. Very little is on the "I'm blown away" level. Leia's about the only one that I would say has met my "HT's doing Star Wars!!!" expectations.

Where did you hear this? It's great news as I love the Dagobah scenes. Hopefully HT will do a Dagobah X-wing Luke figure and the deluxe version will come with one of hose wonderful trees with the exposed roots.

:lol

I was kidding because someone said HT didn't have the "ESB license" so I thought maybe Disney had broken up the SW license by movie... or by planet.

HT haven't knocked me on my ass in years. The last time I remember being truly excited and giddy was when they announced the first T2 T-800, the 1/4 Dutch, Ripley, and that's been it. Now that Ripley is happening, it'd be sweet if they made a new T-800 for T2's anniversary too.

Wait, so you're saying this is actually the version of Boba Fett Hot Toys just released? No wonder the paint apps don't match RotJ.

han-solo-and-jabba-the-hut-and-boba-fett-star-wars-special-edition.jpg

Going to stamp bust on this one. If you check out hot toys official website. Search by license you'll find Boba Fett 1/4 and 1/6 under Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi License.

I'm in for this, can never have too many Luke figures.

I'm one of the few that prefers the SS X-Wing sculpt to the HT sculpts (unfortunately that lumps me in with Pixelpiper on this occasion - I'd like to point out that I disagree with him on pretty much everything else he posts).

Back