SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neck seems a bit too long. Passed up on the luke in xwing as I wasn't impressed. Hopefully this one turns out better.

This is reason #12 why I don't like Sideshow. They recycle everything, take the easy way. Expect a slew of X-wing pilots to accompany the army of R5 and R2 units. Don't expect a NEW character as that would take some effort. Worst of all they're taking the Xwing Luke opportunity away from Hot Toys.

It's like your kid is a star quarterback and can win the game, but the coach is forced to let the fat kid play.

11e50c.jpg

This is the figure I've been waiting for, sadly it turns out Sideshow is the one making him. That being said, neither company can seem to make a good Luke sculpt, so I just hope everything else is decent.

Already the sculpt looks awful - there's a touch of Val Kilmer in it. I wish Sideshow would give fans what they want and stop pretending they can compete with Hot Toys. The sad truth is that they can't.

I bet that HT's Boba Fett came out months early only because SS tried to steal away sales with their surprise, recycled Fett.

I've seen the ANH x-wing luke in hand and they did an awesome job with it. The only thing I wasn't keen on was the price point. Either way, I'm def picking up this figure

There was a time when I would have awaited this preorder with baited breath. But having just received HT Farmboy Luke (which I *love*) the only other Luke I see myself getting at this point will be TFA.

You all took the words out of my mouth and everything has already been summed up inside of 6 pages. When I first saw the email my initial reaction was:

Then the second thing that quickly came to mind was:

Can't wait to see the price:lol

Dat Rehash.

$275

Then the "whoa!" feeling was quickly washed over and drowned with:

I really don’t know what to think or do about this. I said all along I passed on the original X-Wing Luke cos I was holding out for an ESB X-Wing Luke. And here it is.

At this point though, Hot Toys seems to be where it’s at. They may not have nailed some (most?) of the faces, but they are all very solid figures with none of them being too egregiously bad. The prices are pretty much the same and many times HT is cheaper than Sideshow. But the question still remains whether HT will ever do this version.

This is the figure I've been waiting for, sadly it turns out Sideshow is the one making him. That being said, neither company can seem to make a good Luke sculpt, so I just hope everything else is decent.

I would have preferred hot toys to make it

Hot toys is more likely to release better/more accessories. They would almost certainly deliver a helmet with better paint/weathering which is extremely important to this release. The stock body would be miles better and the tailoring/outfit at least as good.

I dunno - with the "random scratches" paint app and a pretty middling sculpt in terms of accuracy HT has delivered on the ROTJ Fett helmet (BOTH in 1/4 and 1/6) I'm not sure that's a fair statement.

Even the HT stormie helmet is very middling in terms of accuracy - side by side I still prefer the Marmit sandie helmet sculpt over both the HT stormie and sandie. The SSC X-Wing helmet was a very average effort too (weird split feature, poor weathering and colors off,) but I'm certainly not blown away by what I'm seeing from HT in terms of helmet sculpts. Even their Vader helmet proto looked awful and the release was saved at the 11th hour.

And you definitely might get more accessories from HT, but looking back over the 5 years or so, it's a myth that HT accessories are better than SSC. People say this all the time, but side by side, example after example - they honestly aren't consistently better.

This is reason #12 why I don't like Sideshow. They recycle everything, take the easy way. Expect a slew of X-wing pilots to accompany the army of R5 and R2 units. Don't expect a NEW character as that would take some effort. Worst of all they're taking the Xwing Luke opportunity away from Hot Toys.

It's like your kid is a star quarterback and can win the game, but the coach is forced to let the fat kid play.

Are you honestly saying that HT aren't still the kings of reissues and recycling?:rotfl

That's $180 shipped. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

If I hadn't done my $100 bash with the parts, I would have grabbed it at that price.:clap

Not even at $180 do I want SS Luke pilot. I've seen the same pictures everyone else has and I can't say its worth much more than $160 at best. It, like SS Boba, is an example of 'when you invest good money you can talk yourself into liking anything'.

Let's hope this one uses better materials and has a bit loser cut to the flight suit and a much better head sculpt (particularly the hair).... and isn't $240. Dreaming...? Of course.

Not even at $180 do I want SS Luke pilot. I've seen the same pictures everyone else has and I can't say its worth much more than $160 at best. It, like SS Boba, is an example of 'when you invest good money you can talk yourself into liking anything'.

Let's hope this one uses better materials and has a bit loser cut to the flight suit and a much better head sculpt (particularly the hair).... and isn't $240. Dreaming...? Of course.

It's $180 shipped (and I guess no taxes for US.) So I'm guessing that equates to $160 if you're in CA.:dunno

And I thought Dengar would be the first basic 1/6 SSC fig to break the $250 pricepoint, but this new Luke will be the one that does it.

Looks really good, but SSC better load this thing with accessories and a snowy style base.

Functioning lightsaber, grapple gun, grenades, and a snowy base to match the Han and Luke previously released. I'd also like to see either snow weathering on the outfit, or a second sculpt for the crash on Dagobah look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dunno - with the "random scratches" paint app and a pretty middling sculpt in terms of accuracy HT has delivered on the ROTJ Fett helmet (BOTH in 1/4 and 1/6) I'm not sure that's a fair statement.

Even the HT stormie helmet is very middling in terms of accuracy - side by side I still prefer the Marmit sandie helmet sculpt over both the HT stormie and sandie. The SSC X-Wing helmet was a very average effort too (weird split feature, poor weathering and colors off,) but I'm certainly not blown away by what I'm seeing from HT in terms of helmet sculpts. Even their Vader helmet proto looked awful and the release was saved at the 11th hour.

And you definitely might get more accessories from HT, but looking back over the 5 years or so, it's a myth that HT accessories are better than SSC. People say this all the time, but side by side, example after example - they honestly aren't consistently better.

I wouldn't argue in favor of the screen accuracy of the 1/4 Fett helmet but the paint job is absolutely beautiful imo. And I love lots of my ssc stuff but all things considered I don't feel they have ever made a figure as good as the hot toys stormtroopers.

The accessories can be a different story from figure to figure to the point that I would tend to agree with you. But then I remember dx vader's sausage lightsaber, hoth luke's frosty lightsaber, and the scout's water pistol. Hot toys has its missteps too, but they usually aren't as bad.

Back