SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm surprised at this. I wish Sideshow would get out of doing human figures and leave this sort of thing to HT - we've all been saying how much we wanted HT Luke snow speeder, this means it'll be many years or never.

According to the giveaway details, he'll be shipped to the winner between Dec 2016 - Feb 2017.

Looks like almost a year out from shipping.

That new Indy head - even though it's 10-20% undersized :)gah::() - is a landmark achievement for SSC and if it is indeed not just a one-off fluke, will up the value of their figures from now on.

Do you have this in hand? My last few SSC purchases were not up to snuff compared to the proto's. I didn't think he was out yet.

That new Indy head ... is a landmark achievement for SSC and if it is indeed not just a one-off fluke, will up the value of their figures from now on.
That's still a big question. One head doesn't give a huge amount of confidence. Jango seemed very good, Luke X-Wing seemed a disappointment, and the Indy seems excellent (for SS). I'd like to see some consistency regarding the paint apps. One positive is this probably won't have any hair which will improve the likeness potentially.

They should have announced this in Mar 2014 for shipping in Feb 2017. Between SSC's announcements and ship dates, toddlers grow and start school, Middle schoolers move on to college, people age and die...:lol

Luke X-Wing pilot parts + Hoth gear Luke parts + new headsculpt + anorak = Luke Snow speeder!!

Looking forward to it, though!

That's still a big question. One head doesn't give a huge amount of confidence. Jango seemed very good, Luke X-Wing seemed a disappointment, and the Indy seems excellent (for SS). I'd like to see some consistency regarding the paint apps. One positive is this probably won't have any hair which will improve the likeness potentially.

You thinking the helmet won't be removable?

Do you have this in hand? My last few SSC purchases were not up to snuff compared to the proto's. I didn't think he was out yet.

Yes I have the head in-hand. Though I sometimes need a magnifying glass to find it in my hand.:lol It works well on my 6" Indy figure.

It is. And Jango did look good, though I partly put that down to the actor's skin tone being slightly closer to that eskimo-like skintone than Luke or Han. The level of detail and quality of apps did seem a little better on Jango than the Hoth figs or Luke X though.

And yeah, the hair on Luke X was one of the major problems with that head. If this new head is undersized it's going to look funny in that huge helmet.

The helmet paint apps look way better on this release then on the Luke X.

You thinking the helmet won't be removable?

I just think he'll have that white cowl underneath (which you can see) and no hair piece.

I have too many damn Luke's on my shelf as it is. How about some of the other characters?
Just thinking that. Hope this doesn't mean SS is making Hoth Leia. :horror

Honestly this really seems like it'll undercut so many sales for Luke X-Wing, which still has the EX available.

Was really hoping hot toys would be doing this. Hoping for a robust set of accessories and a reasonable price but recent ssc trends suggest otherwise. The only good thing I see coming out of this is a healthy price cut on the x wing pilot.

Was really hoping hot toys would be doing this. Hoping for a robust set of accessories and a reasonable price but recent ssc trends suggest otherwise. The only good thing I see coming out of this is a healthy price cut on the x wing pilot.

In terms of accessories, hopefully a working magnetic toe line to hang from. I mean it doesn't have to winch him up but at least extend and then be able to hold his weight. I could see him dangling from the side of my detolf. At least he wouldn't be on the shelf next to the other four Luke's I have right now.

I'm with worgar will wait for in hand pics before ordering but have high hopes.............:pray:

Wish HT had made this BUT in saying that I will hold out until they reveal their Jedi Luke version.

Yeah I would have preferred HT too, but this actually doesn't look that bad so far. And the headsculpt certainly can't be any worse than the last few ones we've seen (as both companies have been pretty far off the mark in my mind).

Plus it's such a great version of the X-Wing costume that I don't think I'll be able to resist.

Just thinking that. Hope this doesn't mean SS is making Hoth Leia. :horror

You missed the tease of the headscupt? It even has rooted hair.:monkey3

il_fullxfull.862552806_h3au.jpg

In terms of accessories, hopefully a working magnetic toe line to hang from. I mean it doesn't have to winch him up but at least extend and then be able to hold his weight. I could see him dangling from the side of my detolf. At least he wouldn't be on the shelf next to the other four Luke's I have right now.

Yeah, the harpoon gun will be a great accessory for this.

Wish HT had made this BUT in saying that I will hold out until they reveal their Jedi Luke version.

Why? Despite poor paint, the SSC Luke X had a slightly better likeness than the HT ANH Luke. And with the new SSC Indy head being nearly HT level in terms of detail and apps, I'd actually think it's about even now as to who'd do a better Luke (if Indy isn't a fluke that is.)

Why? Despite poor paint, the SSC Luke X had a slightly better likeness than the HT ANH Luke. And with the new SSC Indy head being nearly HT level in terms of detail and apps, I'd actually think it's about even now as to who'd do a better Luke (if Indy isn't a fluke that is.)

Hot toys is more likely to release better/more accessories. They would almost certainly deliver a helmet with better paint/weathering which is extremely important to this release. The stock body would be miles better and the tailoring/outfit at least as good.

Then there is the sculpt, which as always will be subjective. You seem to be putting a lot of faith in the outcome of (finally)one decent sculpt(indy). Personally I thought it looked good for an ssc offering but still nothing great. Too small, horrible seam, overdone wounds, and improved paint that still falls short of hot toys. Side by side I pretty easily prefer the hot toys han.

Back