SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Should come with a light saber right? sculpt looks ok, but nose should be crooked. I might get this.

The undisputed kings of Star Wars 1/6 are finally back with another main character release - about time.

Even if this were $300 it would be far cheaper than any of my HT human SW figures of the past year, so I'm looking forward to seeing more.

At this point though, Hot Toys seems to be where it’s at. They may not have nailed some (most?) of the faces, but they are all very solid figures with none of them being too egregiously bad. The prices are pretty much the same and many times HT is cheaper than Sideshow.

If the prices on the HT human figures were $50 I'd agree with you. But since they're almost $200 over that, I have issues with them. Issues that cost more than their full original price to fix.

But if other people are happy with them, that's all good. They don't take away from what SSC is doing here nor what they've done in the past.

How did you figure that? I like your fantasy math.

The Hobbylink deal was described as US$180 including shipping to the U.S., wasn't it?

So if Sideshow had the figure for $160, it would be around $10 CA tax and maybe $15 shipping, wouldn't it? For a total of $185 or so?

Maybe I'm just confused. Deal's gone anyway so it's a moot point.

The Hobbylink deal was described as US$180 including shipping to the U.S., wasn't it?

So if Sideshow had the figure for $160, it would be around $10 CA tax and maybe $15 shipping, wouldn't it? For a total of $185 or so?

Maybe I'm just confused. Deal's gone anyway so it's a moot point.

No, no, no... I didn't say I'd buy it for $160 plus tax plus shipping. :lol

$160 flat... and even then I'd have to really think about it.

If SS had priced it at $199.99, I would have likely bought it sight-unseen. But they jacked it, then I saw it, and now I don't want it for the $200 they could have gotten me for.

I can wait. There's plenty. Price will come down to what its worth. Hell, another 30% off email like last week's will bring it down to about $160 right there.

The truth is I want $200 figures. If the figure seems like it should only be $150, then maybe it's not for my collection. Have to keep the helmet on, etc.

I would have preferred hot toys to make it

At this point though, Hot Toys seems to be where it’s at. They may not have nailed some (most?) of the faces, but they are all very solid figures with none of them being too egregiously bad. The prices are pretty much the same and many times HT is cheaper than Sideshow. But the question still remains whether HT will ever do this version.

I'm surprised at this. I wish Sideshow would get out of doing human figures and leave this sort of thing to HT - we've all been saying how much we wanted HT Luke snow speeder, this means it'll be many years or never.

Wish HT had made this BUT in saying that I will hold out until they reveal their Jedi Luke version.

Yeah I would have preferred HT too, but this actually doesn't look that bad so far. And the headsculpt certainly can't be any worse than the last few ones we've seen (as both companies have been pretty far off the mark in my mind).

I think HT would have done a better job. But better than nothing I suppose.

LOL Do you guys have any fun here? Wouldn't you rather be at a Hot Toys forum? I mean, Sideshow can't do anything right and Hot Toys can't do anything wrong. Except when it comes to Vader's gloves...LOL

Was really hoping hot toys would be doing this. Hoping for a robust set of accessories and a reasonable price but recent ssc trends suggest otherwise. The only good thing I see coming out of this is a healthy price cut on the x wing pilot.

Ive said before, ill keep saying....HT is going to focus on new movies and not OT anymore. You should come to terms with that.

Ive said before, ill keep saying....HT is going to focus on new movies and not OT anymore. You should come to terms with that.

Based on what, your silly/delusional opinion? Hot toys is in it to make money like everybody else. They sold so many OT figures so fast they had to make more, which they apparently have never done in the past. I'm sure they will continue making new stuff, but I guarantee the OT is in the plans as well:wink1:

LOL Do you guys have any fun here? Wouldn't you rather be at a Hot Toys forum? I mean, Sideshow can't do anything right and Hot Toys can't do anything wrong. Except when it comes to Vader's gloves...LOL

Well what they are saying is true :p I don't even collect 1/6th scale figures, and this proto looks great! But everytime someone posts production pictures the paint, especially on the face, from SS sucks. It's one flat tone. So the likelyhood that you'll get this seems low, but what you see is what you get with HT, even if the sculpts could be better.

Sideshow turned a corner with Indy.

25100965595_82d96d2466_o.jpg

And as Matt Bischof wrote to me,

We are always trying to make improvements and it takes quite a while for those improvements to reach the customer and I'm glad you recognized them on Indy.

I hope we can continue to restore your faith in our product. Know that we listen and are continuously trying.

So, Indy is hopefully the new standard for sculpting and painting. :pray:

24474345714_cfd851ed46_o.jpg

25105019665_f8d0ccd60a_o.jpg

HT obviously did not score the ESB license. Would love to see a Hoth Leia out of HT, tho. Prove me wrong.

Initial reaction: "Oh ****! FINALLY! That looks fantastic!!"

A moment later: "Oh yeah, its Sideshow. Production wont look like prototype. Meh."

Back