1/6 SSC Luke Cage Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shoot, I think this looks cool! I applaud Sideshow for going out on a limb and giving it a shot! That being said, I have to think about it before preordering. I think it should be cheaper and their figure scaling isn't good (Thor and Lobo are too short).

No I agree, aside from a few nitpicks he actually is a really decent looking representation (at least the prototype is anyways). He is just an odd pick for only the 7th figure in the line, I'd be saying the same thing if it was Iron Fist or Moon Knight.

I think they're looking to capitalize on the Netflix series popularity.

That show was so so. I have nn desire to even watch S2. Just like I haven't even watched S2 of JJ, but I liked that show the least out of all of them I think. Or Iron Fist. Both were so forgettable.

If they wanted to capitalize on anything, then I'm surprised they didn't do a comic version of Black Panther.

That show was so so. I have nn desire to even watch S2. Just like I haven't even watched S2 of JJ, but I liked that show the least out of all of them I think. Or Iron Fist. Both were so forgettable.

If they wanted to capitalize on anything, then I'm surprised they didn't do a comic version of Black Panther.

That is true but if you think about it Black Panther would require a more detailed costume than Luke Cage and his t-shirt/jeans combo. Watching the Sideshow Live today he looked pretty tall. I honestly still think he should be a more muscular figure.

I think it looks good overall, but yeah it's much too expensive for what it is. I know it's not commercially possible any more due to a variety of reasons regarding costs, manufacturing etc etc, but I don't know if I'll ever shake the perception that cloth figs like this are only worth $100 or less. :(

The SWFA Finn figure can be had for about $190 and it's much better quality with a more complex outfit and accessories. :/

I have no artistic ability and can barely draw a stick figure, but I'm positive I could create a custom better than this.

None of the Sideshow figures should be over $200 in terms of the quality of the figures if Hot Toys is the standard. Take HT Infinity Thor for example. That’s $267. Only $17 more than the SS Thor. How can the two even compare?! And this Luke is even worse. Should be at most, $150-$160 and to me, that’s pushing it. Daredevil and Thor are both warming shelves. No doubt this will too. Sideshow will soon be mailing out all those discount codes for select items and guaranteed this will be on there.

I like the SS Ghost Rider way more than either HT version (I just wish he had some 1990s Dan Ketch spikes on his outfit somewhere)

Here's my display option...

trash.jpg

I think this figure is taking a lot of flack but in reality it's a pretty faithful MODERN comic rendition of Luke Cage. I think if he had a larger base body and a lower price tag people would consider this a homerun. I also think a lot of people would have preferred a higher tier character (myself among them) and that's not helping his popularity either.

Again, this is the ugliest figure I have ever seen and the price tag is just ludicrous. If anyone here is actually considering getting one, please just wait until it's on sale for $100 (although I would still think it's too much for this figure).

Back