1/6 SSC Luke Cage Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again I'm no Sideshow apologist but I think some comments here are overly harsh. This is a pretty decent modern comic book interpretation of Luke Cage, I get that the price tag sucks and he could have a larger body but I can't help but feel like there's a lot of dislike being generated simply because he came so early in the line thus taking up the slot of a more popular character.

Attachments

• IMG_1385.jpg
    IMG_1385.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 224
The comments wouldn't be there if this figure was $50 less.

There is no way this guy is on par in quality or shelf presence as any $230 HT. I can all but guarantee this figure won't even come close to the prototype.

This was an easy way for cheap reuse out of the Thor body they made. That's the reason he exists. And furthermore, why release this now? There is zero hype, care, or desire for Luke Cage in the market at the moment. All that points to a this being an item of reuse. It would have made sense to bring this back and around come season 2's release.

If people want realistic, they buy HT. These SS comic releases cater to a bizarre niche, because they try to make realistic comic characters and no one really wants that. The way to succeed with this line is go full Gangster's Kingdom and embrace the odd proportions and styles of comics. That's a line that would explode.

I don't disagree that the Gangsters Kingdom approach to comic characters wouldn't be an awesome line that's for sure

Wouldn't display that figure if they gave it to me for free. Thuglicious from the new OG line. And just so unbelievably poorly executed

Last edited:
I am really looking forward to this
As a matter of fact I have a roadblock and bishop bash started so I am going to pick up a couple of extra heads /bodies loose
Once it’s parted out

Funny I just received my flex pay schedule and I have been pushed back until March ??
Dang gotta wait another month

Funny I just received my flex pay schedule and I have been pushed back until March ??
Dang gotta wait another month

That's odd. Just got the email today about shipping on Feb 8th. Not sure how the flex pay schedules work, honestly. That Bishop bash sounds cool!

It’s a really bad picture but it’s all I have at the moment
And I am sure you get the rough idea68F20899-8FA9-48BF-A7CF-318A1833DC7C.jpg
Sorry if it comes out sideways

Back