1/6 SSC Luke Cage Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have a problem with how this figure looks, HOWEVER I do have a couple of issues:
#1- I like what he comes with but feel he should have more of the classic options like the other figures in this line have, granted none of them are full on classic interpretations but they all have far more classic elements than this has.
#2- The timing seems odd, so far Sideshow seems to have stuck to that "Marvel after dark/the streets of Marvel" kinda feel which admittedly Cage feels totally at home in....but with the random release of Thor I thought we'd see some more iconic characters or possibly even a long overdue introduction to villains.
I was gonna wait until SDCC 2018 to decide if I'm gonna continue with this random line and to tell the truth I still will but man is this outta left field and it has absolutely nothing to do with color.

This looks a bit cartoonish. The line hasnt delivered since Wolverine. Need to be shooting for a design and execution that can work with the HT MCU so it works on multiple levels for a myriad of collectors. This just doesnt look like a very serious offering. Pulling for SS, but man this misses the mark.

This one is a bit too cartoony for me.. really want a more realistic/comic style Luke Cage PF but don't think that would ever happen. I need Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Dr Strange PF, still waiting..

--

They should be making all these:

Colossus
Cyclops
Storm
Beast
Rogue
Nightcrawler
Gambit
Cable
Bishop
Sabertooth
Juggernaut
Magneto
Mystique
Omega Red
Professor X

Spiderman
Green Goblin
Venom
Doc Ock
Carnage
Hob Goblin
Rhino
Lizard
Vulture
Mysterio

The entire Fantastic 4
Doctor Doom
Silver Surfer
Super Skrull

Exactly, I want a gambit and x men, looks like a great GI Joe roadblock kit bash

Being a Green Lantern fan I am thinking of picking up the body and head and kitbash a John Stewart
5CIpKFZ.jpg

Sideshow should just quit. Their figures just aren’t that good. If it was $150, then fine. But their figures are $250 and it’s always just sitting on the shelves with SS trying to get rid of inventory. The best one is Wolverine. Ghost Rider was pretty good. Daredevil was terrible. Thor looks cheap too and now this.

Looks like the same undersized body as Thor. Which again is not muscular enough. Wolverine still seems to have the best muscular build.

They're not even going by their original teaser photo for this line. Where's the comic Spidey, Iron Man & Dr. Doom? Instead we got Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Thor & now Luke Cage

maxresdefault.jpg

Was excited for Thor as he's my favorite Marvel character, but the figure didn't turn out well... And is NOT worth $250.

Silver surfer? Naked body and surfboard painted silver = $250

Nope.

There has to be some really shiny material out there that could be used to make a suit. Make the seems less noticeable and it could work, the head would have to match which would be difficult. It does seam like something Sideshow would never be capable of pulling off though. :lol

Last edited:
That would be hard up for any company to make. Prolly why HT never offered a liquid T-1000

I would like to see SS make a 1/6 version of this Iron Man statue. It can be done. Joints and all. Classic style. There is absolutely no reason for them to make anything like in the movies. HT has those........

marvel-iron-man-avengers-assemble-statue-sideshow-200354-09.jpg

There has to be some really shiny material out there that could be used to make a suit. Make the seems less noticeable and it could work, the head would have to match which would be difficult. It does seem like something Sideshow would never be capable of pulling off though. :lol

When you take it back, I don't want them to do it anymore either :rotfl

Back