SSC Jack Burton Big Trouble in Little China Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't even think about futzing with the cord and using the hot/cold water trick, that's a great idea, thanks!!
No problem buddy. It took me like 3 days after getting the radio to realize doing that just might fix it lol. I also used an x-acto knife to cut/pull off that excess plastic on the cords. Seems like all of em have that to some extent.

Couple more pics... I think I'm gonna stick with this pose for now. Sure the sculpt is a little soft... a little, but the paint is fine, and the sculpt/resemblance is fine. The only real issue in my opinion is the price.

P6300888.jpg
P6300886.jpg
P6300887.jpg

Thanks! I had thought of the same thing (dirtying up the tank top and jeans), but I tend to leave my figs in out-of-the-box condition. I'll never sell them, but I don't like to customize, and to be honest, I don't have the skill to do it well. Ya that shelf is getting a little crowded, but I'm almost done buying new figs I think.
Such a shame that this Jack Burton figure ended up in the wrong hands early on. Not necessarily fair of me to say, but Sideshow should really make sure that they at least post pics themselves, of actual production figs, before collectors get them in-hand. So many bad pics/vids early on really hurt this figure. Yes it's expensive, but the quality is fine and I would say most of the complaints are unwarranted...

Thanks! I had thought of the same thing (dirtying up the tank top and jeans), but I tend to leave my figs in out-of-the-box condition. I'll never sell them, but I don't like to customize, and to be honest, I don't have the skill to do it well. Ya that shelf is getting a little crowded, but I'm almost done buying new figs I think.
Such a shame that this Jack Burton figure ended up in the wrong hands early on. Not necessarily fair of me to say, but Sideshow should really make sure that they at least post pics themselves, of actual production figs, before collectors get them in-hand. So many bad pics/vids early on really hurt this figure. Yes it's expensive, but the quality is fine and I would say most of the complaints are unwarranted...

That is an incredibly good point. I see SSC do Facebook and Youtube video unboxings, but its usually way after there are tons of other user vids. I know a lot of these Burton orders got cancelled after the first rounds of horrible pictures got posted online. SSC would be smart to start beating everyone to it and posting their own photos and vids before customers. Thankfully there are sites like these and community members who share and ask questions. This site and a lot of the users have really helped me out in terms of fixing qc stuff or just sharing pics of figures I'm on the fence about. Plus it's just cool to see pics of other collectors collections. Thanks for sharing the awesome pics!

I got this yesterday, it was a gift from my daughter and really surprised me when it showed up. The figure is pretty good overall, I put Snake next to him for a minute and Snake looked so bad in comparison. He poses so much more naturally too. That said, whatever they used for the face is a little soft/skin like. A cool effect in hand but doesn’t photograph well at all. I do like how easy the hands are to manipulate, I just hope the material holds up over time. A solid figure, and the guardian is a well done addition.

I got mine today, and I really like him. The pictures don't do him justice at all imo, the face sculpt is amazing in person.

But, unless I'm missing something, the crotch grabber is too low?
You can raise and lower the crotch grabber on the stand. Just pull it out a little...or a lot and use the figure to push it down until Jack's feet touch the base.

You can raise and lower the crotch grabber on the stand. Just pull it out a little...or a lot and use the figure to push it down until Jack's feet touch the base.

Ahhh, appreciated. I'm a newbie collector and my only other hot toy (Armour damaged Batman) Has a different stand

Wow, Atexp80, that sucks!
Though to be fair, I've seen that mistake on Hot Toys as well.
I'm sure Sideshow will send you a new one, but it sucks to have to deal with that kind of mistake!

This whole release is a big two left feet. What a frigging joke of a company you are sideshow... I’ve never seen a defect like that on a premium 1/6 scale figure.

Back