SSC Jack Burton Big Trouble in Little China Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My preorder's are full but if could buy def would just add shades n smoke and i'd be happy with him. I try and have my favorite actor's from movie's in collection just a big nostalgia collector and this movie still kick's @$$ and def think a custom painter could take this to next level of what it could be imo. I wish they were giving us a part 2 to Jack Burton's story instead of another remake from the 80's . I guess I'll just hope for a Captain Ron 2 would be too funny.

Overall for me it's not a complete bust like most of Sideshow's Human figures. Sideshow's Ash, Maul and Jason for me were there best work as of recent. This isn't Drake or Plissken bad. Photos make it look really awful but in Shells video I thought it looked better. I still want this for my collection but may wait a little while longer for a coupon or rewards. I have a feeling they will offer free shipping. Sculpt looks like Kurt but does look a little larger than usual, paint looks a bit better from Plissken but nothing to write home about but those eyes look great as does the hair sculpt, I think the clothing looks excellent as do the accessories. Base is the same **** wish the logo was colorful just like there old stands. Box art is fantastic. Need a Kurt figure in the collection and don't think we will see another figure from this movie ever again.

I agree that it’s a bit of a disappointment from the prototype but I figured it would be when I ordered. The head isn’t as good as it should be but that can be remedied I think.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-scale-...139854?hash=item441e0fface:g:3OQAAOSwf7Ja7ffb

Decided to browse eBay for Jack and managed to find something worse :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I bet you'll be able to buy the SS version for what this guy is asking down the line.

jack.jpg

might be time to get the ole Trevor Grove Jack Burton head painted up - its been sitting in storage for years

I cancelled my preorder. If it goes on sale later at a deep discount then maybe I'll pick it up. As it is, I'm not concerned with having this on my shelf--especially at that price.

Nothing that a new $80 headsculpt and $150 paint job cant fix!!!!!!!!!!
It's a joke, but... the fact that there WILL BE an interest thread is just sad as ****.
When you waste $200+ on a licensed doll you should get a perfect product.

might be time to get the ole Trevor Grove Jack Burton head painted up
Holy crap! I forgot I have a recasted one that someone gave to me years ago.
That sculpt was pretty cool. Tho I'm sure Sideshow could've find a way to make it look like ****. :D

jack_burton_collage_by_trevorgrove-d524r71.jpg

It's a joke, but... the fact that there WILL BE an interest thread is just sad as ****.
When you waste $200+ on a licensed doll you should get a perfect product.

Holy crap! I forgot I have a recasted one that someone gave to me years ago.
That sculpt was pretty cool. Tho I'm sure Sideshow could've find a way to make it look like ****. :D

jack_burton_collage_by_trevorgrove-d524r71.jpg

yeah buddy...
it's a SHAME we couldn't get something like this:

jack_burton_custom_figure_by_trevorgrove-d9z13n1.jpg

instead of this:

kJSQoqy.jpg

I agree that it’s a bit of a disappointment from the prototype but I figured it would be when I ordered. The head isn’t as good as it should be but that can be remedied I think.

This comment + $240 pricetag makes me queasy... and Sideshow jump for joy.:lol

Yep, the ideology of raising the price while lowering the bar isn't good for any of us, long term. If people are content to reward mediocrity without complaint, then all we'll get is even more mediocrity offered to us as a result.

Of course, when it is likely the only release of a given favourite character then walking away is sometimes easier said than done, and we've all been there, including me, so what the Hell do I know? :lol

I should clarify, when ordering I already had a custom head to ready replace the SS one if the SS head can't be heated and repainted plus I got Jack for free shipped. So maybe a better deal than most are looking at with this guy.

Back