SSC Jack Burton Big Trouble in Little China Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should clarify, when ordering I already had a custom head to ready replace the SS one if the SS head can't be heated and repainted plus I got Jack for free shipped. So maybe a better deal than most are looking at with this guy.

But did you truly get it free or did you blow points on it that could have been better spent like on Yondu or something?

Better? It’s a SS Ex, meaning only SS has it unlike Yondu, and had a limited window of free shipping ($20). You can blow points on whatever you like.

Better? It’s a SS Ex, meaning only SS has it unlike Yondu, and had a limited window of free shipping ($20). You can blow points on whatever you like.

Yep, blew your points.

You+poor+bastard+_c0c12470ac8ad107ae4a06eed824c887.gif

No doubt very dissapointing but in my opinion is also nice enough to want to keep. Full review on the next episode of The HotToycast.

Though sometimes a little difficult, I do want to support a US company too.

e2df9f8a4579f64620840ca6878ac7a3.jpg

7c2dd758ff3a3dc00b42f662603feafa.jpg

If you are trying to say I wasted my points because you don’t like the final headsculpt I think you’re being very shortsighted. If I can’t improve the current head to my liking I’ve got the Trevor Grove head as a backup. As I customize 90% of my collection anyway I’ll have an awesome Macready, Burton and Plissken on my shelf.

God be with you Ted as you go blow whatever you like. :duff

Pics look good to me....I do think people are making more of a fuss than it needs to be. Eamon's pics shows that it looks like Russell there

I think it's more the over priced $240 price point more than anything

Do you have the SS Snake Plissken?

If so, how do you rate Jack by comparison?

Snake came under heavy flak. I love EFNY and got him at a discount from Sideshow. I was prepared to be underwhelmed, but was in fact pleasantly surprised. He remains one of my favourite figures, and a constant reminder of the film.

Yet in every photo he looks like an unfinished 3D print, as opposed to the crisp, chiselled sculpt that Sideshow promoted. As I said before, it may be the usual difficulty of photographing Sideshow heads.

perhaps one needs to take him outside and take a picture of him in natural lighting. I've done that with my ED2 Ash and the results are always better

Do you have the SS Snake Plissken?

If so, how do you rate Jack by comparison?

Snake came under heavy flak. I love EFNY and got him at a discount from Sideshow. I was prepared to be underwhelmed, but was in fact pleasantly surprised. He remains one of my favourite figures, and a constant reminder of the film.

Yet in every photo he looks like an unfinished 3D print, as opposed to the crisp, chiselled sculpt that Sideshow promoted. As I said before, it may be the usual difficulty of photographing Sideshow heads.

I have seen Snake Pliscen in hand and this one is defo better in my opinion. It's not as good as Ash Williams or Snow Speeder Luke though. The body is far too slim, shoulders are gappy and he only looks good in certain poses with the jacket off. He looks great with the jacket on but of course that's not his iconic look.

The price is indeed the issue with this one but I dare say you are paying for the likeness and license there.

I have seen Snake Pliscen in hand and this one is defo better in my opinion. It's not as good as Ash Williams or Snow Speeder Luke though. The body is far too slim, shoulders are gappy and he only looks good in certain poses with the jacket off. He looks great with the jacket on but of course that's not his iconic look.

The price is indeed the issue with this one but I dare say you are paying for the likeness and license there.

Here is Ash outside if your curious

100_8106.JPG100_8100.JPG

Does his head look gigantic there or is it just the hair?

Yeah I think his head is a smidge oversized.

Here is mine in the detolf, overall im pretty happy having him in my collection, with the rest of my 80's figs.
I tanned the skin up with some skin coloured felt tips to.
SJMNhNR.jpg

Though sometimes a little difficult, I do want to support a US company too.

Not to sound like a current American D-bag, and I'm sure everyone knows what I'm talking about, but very much agree with this statement. I too want to support an American company. Even though they seem to be using more and more sculptors from around the world. I'll pay a little more knowing they are from the US. And yes I know they are manufactured in China.

That is the thing, in hand he is quite nice.

Nothing top Furiousa in terms of dissapoinment though. Got her a few weeks ago so being some what climatized as it were. :)

Yeah I think his head is a smidge oversized.

Here is mine in the detolf, overall im pretty happy having him in my collection, with the rest of my 80's figs.
I tanned the skin up with some skin coloured felt tips to.
SJMNhNR.jpg

can we see more pics?

Fitting a larger body should help offset the big head. Even though Kurt wasn't super buff in the movie, it should look more natural. A seamless body is an immediate improvement, so you may as well go large. It would be interesting to compare the head with the Plissken sculpt for size.

Back