Premium Format SSC Harley Quinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Harley Quinn Part 2

I like the fabric suit on this but it does seem odd with a sculpted hat.

I've got no complaints with the way Harley came out, she looks awesome.
I just hope she doesn't get delayed at all.

I like the mixed media on this because it reminds me of traditional Harlequins.

haha this was expected, hope we don't see part 3 soon :slap

I like the fabric suit on this but it does seem odd with a sculpted hat.

Exactly, imagine a Daredevil PF that has a sculpted mask but has knitted fabric for the rest of his skin tight suit, to be honest it wouldn't surprise me if Sideshow actually plan to do just that.

Last edited:

From what I have seen, and I admit my experience is limited, mix media works the best when it doesn't totally obscure the sculpt. For example statue like the Captain America TFA, Skaar, and the Hulk Maq really have a great balanc and all the work that went into the sculpt is still apparent. Now I hope that's the case with th Bat and Supes, and as they look now that is the case. This one looks pretty darn good IMHO so I think as they get better at it the mixed media will definetly continue to impress.

Fabric gives a realism to statues that polystone can't. There are obvious limits to it (jester hat, capes, etc.) and compromises end up being made, but the net result of using multiple mediums is something that a fully sculpted piece cannot achieve.

From what I have seen, and I admit my experience is limited, mix media works the best when it doesn't totally obscure the sculpt. For example statue like the Captain America TFA, Skaar, and the Hulk Maq really have a great balanc and all the work that went into the sculpt is still apparent. Now I hope that's the case with th Bat and Supes, and as they look now that is the case. This one looks pretty darn good IMHO so I think as they get better at it the mixed media will definetly continue to impress.

Just look how nice Black Widow PF turned out with fabric.

Fabric gives a realism to statues that polystone can't. There are obvious limits to it (jester hat, capes, etc.) and compromises end up being made, but the net result of using multiple mediums is something that a fully sculpted piece cannot achieve.

I agree m8, though I do love a great balance.

Definitely picking this up, not too crazy about the squinting on the tongue face, wish the would have kept it like the concept art.

That's the whole point of the PF concept in the first place

I wouldn't dispute that mixed trumps sculpt. I just think this isn't the best choice of fabric. This costume should look more like fetish wear and less like pyjamas.

I wouldn't dispute that mixed trumps sculpt. I just think this isn't the best choice of fabric. This costume should look more like fetish wear and less like pyjamas.

I don't think it's like frumpy pajamas. The fabric looks thinner, which makes it sexier. Makes me feel like the guy in this gif.
tumblr_mn3addtD4d1snuzvso1_250.gif

I disagree with that, it's not true all the time. I've got figs like Hellboy, Indy and Joker who are covered from head to toe in fabric and it doesn't take anything away from the piece. If anything it makes them more amazing that the tailors have managed to recreate their suit in 1/4 scale. The only sculpt you can see is thee head and hands.

I disagree with that, it's not true all the time. I've got figs like Hellboy, Indy and Joker who are covered from head to toe in fabric and it doesn't take anything away from the piece. If anything it makes them more amazing that the tailors have managed to recreate their suit in 1/4 scale. The only sculpt you can see is thee head and hands.

I disagree my man, but then you knew that...:wink1:. In the end to each their own.

Back