SSC Green Lantern 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406397327.358018.jpg here you can see all four have different suits Hal has two suits he's known for there's a pic on an earlier page. And there are two pics of Kyle in this collage I personally prefer the costume with white on the chest however if SS does him he'll most likely be the other one. Anyways again the suits are all different so the idea of Hal and John head sculpts coming in the same box would be disappointing because they don't wear the same suit.

It does seem like Sideshow rushed these prototypes out to present at SDCC, but I do feel they're on the right track.

With that in mind, I did a number of tweaks to polish them up. No massive changes as I tried to remain realistic about how much SSC might change from proto to production. I brightened up the colors, tightened up the tailoring, lightened the texture of material, and matched the hues of the various costume components.

Not saying this is the ultimate fix or anything, but I just wanted to show how a handful of relatively straightforward alterations by Sideshow could make these figures really shine. :wink1:

SSCJLE_zps17b7964f.jpg

The fabric they chose has a metallic sheen to it, so someone over there likes/approved it. I can't imagine they'd switch to matte for production, but they could. I'd prefer that as well.

:duff Not a bad plan, but I'm cautiously optimistic for the final. They've done right by the other DC figures so far, for the most part.

I would not worry, these are protos, not final products. If you collect wrestling figures, you know that protos and final product can literally mean two different things. So I think it will be like that for flash and lantern. Better fitting clothing, new fabric type, etc... I expect these to look as good as SSC comic batman, joker, catwoman...

Can not wait to get these.

One of my custom goals is solid, kick@i$$, Neal Adams art based 1/6 versions of Hal Jordan & Batman.

This figure doesn't do that, hence my desire to pilfer. :lol

It does seem like Sideshow rushed these prototypes out to present at SDCC, but I do feel they're on the right track.

With that in mind, I did a number of tweaks to polish them up. No massive changes as I tried to remain realistic about how much SSC might change from proto to production. I brightened up the colors, tightened up the tailoring, lightened the texture of material, and matched the hues of the various costume components.

Not saying this is the ultimate fix or anything, but I just wanted to show how a handful of relatively straightforward alterations by Sideshow could make these figures really shine. :wink1:

SSCJLE_zps17b7964f.jpg

Granted i like your photoshopped and maybe if they lightened the gold on flash so it's a yellow gold

I would hope for this Hal jordon but the way you fixed it up it is more tolerable. can you show what it would look like with the green brief part just curious as is some of us what that would look like.

Green_Lantern___Hal_Jordan_by_Lamzao.jpg

Yeah, I like the edited photos better too. GL needs more green in his outfit. Could you shop the green even lower so it looks more like the classic version?

Costume further altered, and changed the burnished gold to a more yellow gold per Groovy's request. Also reduced the metallic sheen on the boots for VDG.

SSCJLEV2_zpsf7c76ad0.jpg

Nice one Myenshi. :)

Yeah.. it's the whole thing really. The body, the way the suit looks on it.. nah.

I want the NEAL ADAMS art in figure form, so long drawn out custom project here I come. :lol

Costume further altered, and changed the burnished gold to a more yellow gold per Groovy's request. Also reduced the metallic sheen on the boots for VDG.

SSCJLEV2_zpsf7c76ad0.jpg

See now there more marketable i would only tapper crotch alittle on GL and maybe bring up line of brief to be more high cut brief just alittle. But huge difference Id totally buy these. I still think Flash needs a smooth fabric.

Suit has to have texture - otherwise it is just like the DC Direct and doesn't really work as a 3-dimensional representation of the character. The black will probably be shinier, but overall I like the design. However I'd like to see them take it even further - perhaps make the green a tunic over the black jumpsuit - more like Guy Gardner's look. I think they should take more chances with the costuming.

I never would have bought the GI Joe line if they had looked like the cartoon characters.

Sorry, but this is the reason collectible companies should not visit forums. These changes would be a major mistake.

SSCJLEV2_zpsf7c76ad0.jpg

Why? Because they would improve them? If collectible companies don't want to listen to our, the Paying Customer, suggestions and feedback and want us to simply be satisfied with their "interpretations" then maybe they don't deserve to have such licenses of iconic characters.

Why? Because they would improve them? If collectible companies don't want to listen to our, the Paying Customer, suggestions and feedback and want us to simply be satisfied with their "interpretations" then maybe they don't deserve to have such licenses of iconic characters.

Too many cooks in the kitchen ruins the soup

I don't think there's anything wrong with companies reading forums. Can never hurt to listen to the ideas of others. Worst case, you reject the idea. there's never a downside to listening.

I do like the PS changes. the texture stuff seems odd to me. When did either of these 2 have some waffle or honeycomb pattern costume? I don't think it ruins the figure, but it just seems odd to me. the DCD figures were bad because they were out of scale and the sculpts were not sophisticated. I don't mind a more accurate, updated version of them.

I have to completely disagree with Dave on this one. Suit texture is a horrible idea. They didn't do it for Superman and Batman and they look great. Why should it be any different for Flash and GL. And the shopped versions of those two are near perfect, Flash especially.

I say go classic and familiar in the design as much as possible. Don't try and make anything in this line more "modern" to match what's been in the movies lately. I want an old school comic book DC line on my shelf like DC Direct tried to make but missed the mark on in terms of quality and scale.

Back