SSC General Hawk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just opened it up and pretty happy with the figure. But attention to details; on the file card his rank is brigadier general but he has 2 stars on his Ex HS on his cap?

Just opened it up and pretty happy with the figure. But attention to details; on the file card his rank is brigadier general but he has 2 stars on his Ex HS on his cap?

Awww man I just put it away. But you know there is only 2 stars on the cap, unless he just got promoted and no one got the memo.

I brought this up way back when pics were first posted. Hawk was a Brigadier general in the version this figure was based on. However, in a subsequent version (the one the head with the cap is based on), he was promoted (I had long been out of collecting Joes by then).

Last edited:
I can easily live with the minor paint scuffs on the hair. The stuff on the ears would probably bother me a small bit. At least its not the face though.

I think the soft overspray look for Hawks paints still look a hell of a lot better than the way Flint ended up. I know a few people have said it but I think this will be one damn nice figure once futzed.

PICS PEOPLE!!

I brought this up way back when pics were first posted. Hawk was a Brigadier general in the version this figure was based on. However, in a subsequent version (the one the head with the cap is based on), he was promoted (I had long been out of collecting Joes by then).

:lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly: That taking version with the purple coat.

Nothing to complain about here. Just got him out to inspect I can understand how there would be paint rubs with the plastic head guard thing but mine came in with no issues.

Would post picture but I'm in need of a new camera...plus I gotta work a night shift been up all night and morning...gotta crash now.

Hope everyone enjoys theirs mine was Sideshow worthy.

Yep, 1991 mail-away Hawk/1992 carded Talking Battle Commander version had the two stars and SSC was paying homage to that with the exclusive.

GeneralHawk-Talking-Front.jpg

I just got my Hawk in the mail and I must say I'm very pleased with it. My Hawk head also had some paint rub off from the hair, but otherwise the paint looks very good; much better than Flint and Dusty. I must say that the jacket also looks much better in person than in the pics post. I'd love to post pics myself, but I don't have a camera.

anybody pick up extra non-gloved hawk hands from TA to put on Duke or Dusty?

Oh thanks never knew that. I wasn't really a big fan of Hawk but had to get the commander of the joes in my collection. Good to get Hawk in his early career as a General.

Delivered!

First impressions, home run. Paint apps are by far the best in the line so far. Both sculpts, flawless paint apps. Jacket is really nice, excellently tailored, and all accessories are on par with every Joe release.

Weakest part of is the holster, thin and cheap.

Overall, nothing to complain about.

Really quick shot.

P1080647.jpg

Definietly going accessories lite on Hawk, basically two trays worth of stuff I wont use :lol

As always, King Darkness' pics puts the early chicken littling and tittybabying (yes, I made both of those into verbs) to shame. More please, KD.

And the bottom of Hawks jacket is folded over as it should be.

Last edited:
:clap :rock Great shot!

Delivered!

First impressions, home run. Paint apps are by far the best in the line so far. Both sculpts, flawless paint apps. Jacket is really nice, excellently tailored, and all accessories are on par with every Joe release.

Weakest part of is the holster, thin and cheap.

Overall, nothing to complain about.

Really quick shot.

P1080647.jpg

Definietly going accessories lite on Hawk, basically two trays worth of stuff I wont use :lol

Can you describe the material and texture that the jacket is made of, KD? Even though your pic is the best so far, it still appears far different from the (leather?) prototype.

Back