SSC General Hawk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I've noticed that in traditional action figure collecting, i.e. 3 3/4" Joes, MOTUC, DCUC, etc. etc., the ratio of mature adults to man-children is staggeringly lopsided.

Not saying 1/6 and above is much different, mind you, but there's a noticeable difference.

I really need to learn the dialect of Skizitonia. :huh

You do leather work?

I wish. <insert Clerks II reference>

Chicken Little as usual in here i see. :panic:

Eh, a little. Half the (battle) fun of the JOES is the customization.

SSC G.I. Joe Hawk > HT Indy stunt double :lecture:lecture:lecture :exactly:

:lol

I do not agree. :mad:

:lecture 2nd.

I honestly don't get the reference, is that a common complaint over there?

Yeah, and here too.

they were a bit fuzzy

Just a smidge.

we cant all be photographers guyver but thanks for sharing.

Yeah I appreciate it Guyver, but I would have preferred you futzed first. No biggie. And I'm caught up.

another forum member favours water treatment...maybe a spray bottle to soak it with? Atleast to make it look like he wore it outside?

Its funny cuz with the desert duo the weathering was pretty top shelf.

how could i give the jacket a more worn look?
Don't wet it! This leather is a real generic type of cheap leather, try drybrushing with acrylic paints to get it a worn look, I can tell by touching the jacket the water treatment could ruin it or make it smell :lecture

I wish they still had Builder's Square. I would buy all my home improvement necessities from them if they were still around.

before taking paint or sand paper to the jacket I would try simply scrunching it in your hand, giving it some creases and such.

I'm convinced 99% of the complaints so far are related to futzing.

Pants: The pics at the Stank have them too low.

Jacket: Zipper needs to be more like halfway down, will make a big difference in the overall look.

Holster: It's not great, but it's not that bad. Hawks always going to be holding his pistol. The holster only seems to stand out when the gun is in it.

Can't wait till tomorrow.

Back