SSC G.I. Joe Baroness

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its not just inflation its the cost of oil. Petroleum crisis in 74 pretty much wiped out the original 12" Joes...
Price of plastic is going to get ridiculous.

It's not the cost of oil driving the prices up, it's the cost of labor. Chinese labor used to be cheap, it's not anymore. As these figures get more and more intricate and detailed, with fancy paint applications, the workers get more and more money for doing the work.

Got mine today. What a fantastic figure. One of the best I've ever seen and definitely the best GI Joe figure to date. I love this one.

74806059188933833048.jpg

86845193102108770246.jpg

64535581959917849873.jpg

68249417656135787024.jpg

75303445783235311496.jpg

64547085181146514566.jpg

51372565961242737857.jpg

Baroness is great,but she is not the best on my Joe Shelf....Zartan,CC v2,Firefly,Major Bludd,Rock N Roll,Dusty,Duke,Beachhead,Hawk,Falcon still top her

Baroness is great,but she is not the best on my Joe Shelf....Zartan,CC v2,Firefly,Major Bludd,Rock N Roll,Dusty,Duke,Beachhead,Hawk,Falcon still top her

lol. So basically everything tops her?

I personally think they missed the mark on a lot of the other figures. IMO, Baroness is the one figure that most closely resembles her 1984 counterpart. That's the reason I think she's the best. I might change my mind once I get my hands on CC but judging from the pics, that won't happen. Some of the others you listed don't come close to resembling the ARAH figures they're based on and that's why I don't care for some of them.

Just got her today. She is Amazing ! My only thing about her is her height. Wish she wasn't taller than everyone else.

lol. So basically everything tops her?

I personally think they missed the mark on a lot of the other figures. IMO, Baroness is the one figure that most closely resembles her 1984 counterpart. That's the reason I think she's the best. I might change my mind once I get my hands on CC but judging from the pics, that won't happen. Some of the others you listed don't come close to resembling the ARAH figures they're based on and that's why I don't care for some of them.

The New Cobra Commander beats her hands down and resembles his 1982-83 ARAH look just as much as Baroness does with her look.Baroness is a great figure don't get me wrong,but she seems a little plain to me.She is light on accessories.Has No back pack,exaggerated in the bust and too tall (as others mentioned).I look at her as another Cobra addition on the shelf but nowhere near the best of what Sideshow has done on the Joe line so far...

I didn't unbox her yet...probably won't for a while since I'm between residences for an indefinite amount of time...but dang, she's taller than Zartan??

I think Hawk is the closest to his original figure counterpart. Add a second black belt and he's nailed.

Baroness is also closer than CC v2. His helmet being completly wrong takes off a lot of points.

Zartan? Facepaint, pants, gun, mask and backpack are about the only thing right with him. That Predator armor is way too bulky.

The New Cobra Commander beats her hands down and resembles his 1982-83 ARAH look just as much as Baroness does with her look.Baroness is a great figure don't get me wrong,but she seems a little plain to me.She is light on accessories.Has No back pack,exaggerated in the bust and too tall (as others mentioned).I look at her as another Cobra addition on the shelf but nowhere near the best of what Sideshow has done on the Joe line so far...

From the neck up CC is way off so Baroness wins the RAH factor, having said that I prefer the CC figure overall.

It's not the cost of oil driving the prices up, it's the cost of labor. Chinese labor used to be cheap, it's not anymore. As these figures get more and more intricate and detailed, with fancy paint applications, the workers get more and more money for doing the work.

Its also the cost of oil... both will drastically increase over the next few years.

Got mine Yesterday .
Gotta Say ...
She is Just Wonderful .

This is my 1st New Joe in a Bit ..., I still want CC, Bludd ..., But haven't afforded them yet .
my only nit pick would be, is how they packaged everything behind her, rather than the Weapon side being over to the left of the figure... I really liked that lay out design. She came with alot less clips for weapons, as other figures... I might pick another Uzi up for her ..
Love the Image on the inside of the Box . I think Her Body is great. She is really an incredible figure.

I pray for Sideshow to make a Classic Scarlet figure like this .

Got mine today. What a fantastic figure. One of the best I've ever seen and definitely the best GI Joe figure to date. I love this one.

74806059188933833048.jpg

86845193102108770246.jpg

64535581959917849873.jpg

68249417656135787024.jpg

75303445783235311496.jpg

64547085181146514566.jpg

51372565961242737857.jpg

I can't believe how stunning this figure is in hand. Such an unforgiving design and on a female body to boot. You guys haven't take a bad picture yet. Flash/no flash, close-up/far away they all look awesome. Bravo Sideshow.

I can't believe how stunning this figure is in hand. Such an unforgiving design and on a female body to boot. You guys haven't take a bad picture yet. Flash/no flash, close-up/far away they all look awesome. Bravo Sideshow.
Soon u well get your free joe.

51372565961242737857.jpg

i had mine stood next to Zartan... had to move her as she made him look so short!
originally wanted her with my Troopers but she made them look like Tom Cruise in trooper costumes.

I dig her height actually. If she were average womanly height how would she hold her own as a threat? She's gotta be able to beat dudes up n stuff so her height makes sense to me.

I dig her height actually. If she were average womanly height how would she hold her own as threat. She's gotta be able to beat dudes up n stuff so her height makes sense to me.

Tall for a woman is one thing (Gina Carano is 5'8".) Tall for a dude is something else. I don't think she needs to be taller than the guys. If you want to pretend that she's the "Gina Carano" of Cobra then all the dudes in the high command wouldn't be looking up at her unless in your mind they were all 5'7" and shorter.

I dig her height actually. If she were average womanly height how would she hold her own as threat. She's gotta be able to beat dudes up n stuff so her height makes sense to me.

if she was the same height as Bludd she would be above average female height... that would be fine but she is WELL above... almost freakishly so.

Back