SSC G.I. Joe Baroness

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see lots of taller ladies walking around hand in hand with shorter dudes. Really doesn't matter to me on this fig just imo but I get how some collectors would be frustrated. At least we know the height we're getting on these figs in the future. Destro will be 12.5 inches which I think is great aside from the tin man sculpt.

I'm willing to bet Destro isnt taller than Baroness.
Will everyone be ok with Scarlet & Lady Jay being way taller than Duke & Flint? Thats whats going to happen...

I have to disagree when it comes to the height simply because the Baroness is part of a line of figures and as such we enter into this expecting the figure to matchup with the other figures in the line. If she was a stand-alone figure, as in SSC only made her and no other figures from the GI Joe Universe, then they can make her as tall or small as they want because there is no prior figures to compare against. As she is now she is great but how she matches up with other figures in the line height-wise does matter. I'd hate for my Lady Jaye to be taller than my Flint...
:exactly::lecture Finally someone talking sense!

If we are talking about height then, the Viper stood taller than the Cobra trooper. I have the Baroness standing right next to my Viper and she stands about the same height maybe a little shorter. I think she is a great figure, far better than the train wreck called Major Bludd.

If we are talking about height then, the Viper stood taller than the Cobra trooper. I have the Baroness standing right next to my Viper and she stands about the same height maybe a little shorter. I think she is a great figure, far better than the train wreck called Major Bludd.

The Viper is taller because Sideshow moved onto the taller body....the first few figures of the line had the shorter body (CC,SE,CT's etc) while Firefly used a slightly taller body. Then the newer taller 2.0 body was introduced with Duke and ever since ALL the figures are the same height which is a good thing.The Baroness on the other hand should of gotten the smaller buck height wise.

The Viper is taller because Sideshow moved onto the taller body....the first few figures of the line had the shorter body (CC,SE,CT's etc) while Firefly used a slightly taller body. Then the newer taller 2.0 body was introduced with Duke and ever since ALL the figures are the same height which is a good thing.The Baroness on the other hand should of gotten the smaller buck height wise.

:goodpost::lecture:exactly: would have been perfect.

I'm a little confused about this idea that she should be shorter? Is this because of the cartoon?

I've been collecting sideshow since Jedi Luke, so I know the progression of the bodies. My point is that she doesn't look freakishly tall like some are complaining about unless you stand her next to the few figures that used the smaller prometheus buck (and for some reason still have them on that buck : ). By those standards the Viper is freakishly tall. I think she looks like she is close to 6' and fits in well with the other figures that have the taller bodies. She is essentially the same height.

I think sometimes complaints like these are overdone and I wanted to provide a little different opinion to anyone who was reading and now worried that the Baroness was freakishly tall.

In the end, I have not been interested in what Sideshow has done with GI Joe for awhile but, I think this figure (and CC v2) turned out well and any collector of sideshow joes would regret missing out on her.

I have a feeling Destro will turn out better than expected too (although, I still hate that stupid raised eyebrow expression).

I'm a little confused about this idea that she should be shorter? Is this because of the cartoon?

I've been collecting sideshow since Jedi Luke, so I know the progression of the bodies. My point is that she doesn't look freakishly tall like some are complaining about unless you stand her next to the few figures that used the smaller prometheus buck (and for some reason still have them on that buck : ). By those standards the Viper is freakishly tall. I think she looks like she is close to 6' and fits in well with the other figures that have the taller bodies. She is essentially the same height.

I think sometimes complaints like these are overdone and I wanted to provide a little different opinion to anyone who was reading and now worried that the Baroness was freakishly tall.

In the end, I have not been interested in what Sideshow has done with GI Joe for awhile but, I think this figure (and CC v2) turned out well and any collector of sideshow joes would regret missing out on her.

I have a feeling Destro will turn out better than expected too (although, I still hate that stupid raised eyebrow expression).
I have 8 cobra trooper blue shirts, 2 black snipers, V.1 storm shadow, firefly, zartan, bludd & the new cobra comander (the ONLY one she isnt taller than & hes wearing a helmet) on my cobra shelves... so she is either freakishly tall or cobra only employs short men & VERY short troopers!
If I switch the bodies on my troopers its going to cost me a fortune and their sleeves will be too short + I shouldnt have too!

A viper should be a LOT taller because hes wearing a pretty big helmet.

I already have a tall chick (not freakishly so!) with a nice rack & firm *** in real life, something to bang is not what im looking for in my 1/6 Joe collection.

Youre missing the point! If I have all my cobra troops stood on a shelf together I want them to look like they BELONG together! If I stand Baroness with my troopers it looks more like Baroness & her 7 dwarves! (Well 8... but that doesnt sound as good!)
So not only is Baroness exceptionally tall... but allcobra troopers are VERY short...

Just use her height as part of her mystique. Part of what makes her bad ***. It is what it is and instead of letting it bother you, use it as an advantage. She's obviously not a typical woman.

tumblr_lsm7kdthrn1qbgwao.gif

Back