SSC G.I. Joe Baroness

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389856455.520227.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389856465.393039.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389856473.898818.jpg

The doll makes the statue look like poo.

:lecture

Okay fellow freaks my take..

Let's get to the bad..

The body used on her..Ugh SS! I don't get why they can't get it right. Now I'll say it's light years ahead of Lara Croft, but single jointed leg and arm movement was a buzzkill for me. Taking the upper clothing off to discover what I'm working with and I got an instant sigh..

Now actually there is a flesh part attached over this that I took off as well. It is a flesh part that covers the neck and chest.

Side view

I could try to mod to a TT body but here is an issue

This weird neck post configuration. I might have to unscrew the chest area to see how this is capped out. Honestly, IDK if I want to bother as someone stated earlier that the head will be too large on a TT body. Regrettably they may be right.

The hand selection is horrible. I don't agree why they gave us these hands. They are easy to pose, but they don't look the best IMO. I like how they are soft and grip well but for the specific weapons she has they could've been a bit bigger and have more choices to grip something.

The paint choice for the eyes are too vivid in the blue and the face looks a little generic but then again I believe she was molded to resemble the comic book and cartoon look of Baroness.

The neck post is too slender to support the big head. facing straight on with the wavy hair sculpt can look bizarre not extremely but somewhat noticeable IMO.

Although those are huge negatives for me there are positives..

The suit

I love the design and the paint scheme is done beautifully. The chest plate is crafted to perfection for Baroness, the straps to hold it in place could've been designed a little bit more, but it is a good makeup, reminds me of the old HT JI ROH female soldier, if anyone remembers the figure.

Because the body design is meh. the upper shoulder area looks blah IMO. It still looks feminine but it lacks depth resembling a women's shoulder region, and the arms a little too thin for the basic shoulder armor set up for her.

But the lower region of the suit is a solid design. The hip armor fits snug and perfectly on her hips. Love the leg armor, especially the gun metal type of paint airbrushed on the leg armor. The back straps to the leg armor are well sculpted and fit superbly against her legs.

The boot for the most part are nice but lack detail. the bottom heels have no design whatsoever which puzzled me since the joes from SSC put so much work into the heels of the male figures, so I don't know why they skimp out now.

Again because they used a shoddy pro design the ankle pegs are a bit loose, however, and this is why I didn't list the boots in the real negative assumption was because they are perfect to hold the weight of the figure, it is really hard for her to topple over, she can stand well on her own, but the ankles can make her sway, but all you have to do is position back and it holds pretty good. Which I really enjoy because some of the HT female ankles have horrible support, not Baroness.

The Hair is a plus for me on both heads. I like the detail (the material is a hard vinyl mix which is common with sculpted hair ) but it frames each head perfectly.

Believe or not and I can't believe the highlight for me is the glasses..both pairs!

They are so simple, just a feather type of wire design (no lenses) yet the they add so much realism and depth to her face. Let alone they make tools for great customizing with my other female sculpts

An experiment

I'm not too keen with the eyes painted in " Looking Up " fashion mainly because the blues are way to bright so you'd have to really tilt the head the neck down which again is not a good design and the head could stick out too much.

Overall it is a good figure with amazing detail. The suit meshes so well that posing her can look spectacular, I just wish the body was more proportionally designed to a females above the hips then this figure would be a top notch collectible but it is far superior to the Lara Croft I own form SSC.

What works really well with this body design is that the leg or thighs swivel which I guess is a good substitute for the single jointed leg movement. but if just added the double ball leg joint this would've surpassed the HT TT female movement because the legs are so proportionally accurate and the hips, which ruins it is the upper shoulders, and arms IMO.

But again as a whole character based figure this is the best rendition of the Baroness in comics I have ever seen. If SSC were attempting to capture the classic comic and cartoon look of her, then I say they nailed it tenfold as a whole figure.

I do advise that if you purchase her, purchase through SSC or any other vendor who will give you a decent price (under $200 like SSC)

Avoid ebay in this case because they will probably hike her up a couple of $100 more. In this case paying over retail for her is definitely not worth it. Trust me on this.

If you love Baroness then definitely add her to your G.I.JOE collection, but don't overpay for her.

:google

Nice series of shots though, guyver.

Are we getting paid by the word now?

I'll be poor forever.

:slap didn't even think the Uzi would fit.

Its not an Uzi... mac 10.

-50 Rep.

Shameful display Buttly.

I get mine tomorrow. I'm glad I didn't cancel. I wonder if they will ever do a Scarlett or Lady Jaye. The will probably offer different outfit colors on her down the road.

I get mine tomorrow. I'm glad I didn't cancel. I wonder if they will ever do a Scarlett or Lady Jaye. The will probably offer different outfit colors on her down the road.

Scarlet is coming

Baroness has arrived. 100% the better figure between her and CC. Really impressed with Sideshow here. Costume is crafted really well. Everything fits well, stitching and tailoring is possibly the best I have seen from Sideshow. Sculpts are both excellent, paint is clean and well done. I dig the new female body. Really, I have zero complaints about Baroness. One of Sideshow best efforts. Glasses are awesome too.

On to the pics....

It's a good thing you did that. I was ready to dump the whole line.

I'm convinced now that you can do anything. Will you fix the electrical, plumbing and heat in my house? Lives depend on it.

I haven't seen a single picture of this figure that doesn't look good.

Though the Tavor looks a little oversized in some pics, I won't know until I get one in hand to measure. Also Sideshow half-assed it on the details of the rifle. I wish they'd try harder to make the weapons more detailed, not so much as some companies but just a little more realistic looking. Also, looks like they didn't paint or sculpt bullets at the end of the Mac-10 mags.

The only issue I have with Baroness and the new female body in general is the lack of double elbow articulation. Its tough getting her posed adjusting her glasses without that extra joint there. It would be a fine choice aesthetically I think if the figure was less dressed and the lack of a second joint was for looks, but since she and Harley are both sleeved, it makes little sense to exclude that joint. :dunno

She looks a bit thin at the waist in a lot of shots, and her face doesn't always come across well.

The lack of detail on her guns is frustrating. They used to have some of the best weapons out there.

how snug does her chest armor fit? Seems a little loose at the straps. Anyone ever try at adjusting it?

She looks a bit thin at the waist in a lot of shots, and her face doesn't always come across well.

The lack of detail on her guns is frustrating. They used to have some of the best weapons out there.
I think the Mac-10 is detailed and scaled properly, but not the same on the Tavor. There's vent holes on either side of the actual rifle that you should be able to see through all the way to the other side with the barrel and a rod visible inside, that detail is just not there at all on their model. Also, I believe the holes on the handguard of the rifle should go through to the opposite side as well.

I'm strongly thinking about drilling through the Tavor once I get a Baroness to make it look less cheap.

Last edited:
Nice pics King, I like the lighting.

A few pics of mine. Baroness is pretty nice figure and prolly SS's best and can't wait to get Harley Quinn and Catwoman.

She isn't quite 100% card accurate, but has close elements. Would have preferred a leg holster with a pistol instead of one for the MAC. Armor is nicely done and fits well. The body is excellent. Joints are firm and have smooth fluid motion, no silly rubber knees. Love the sculpts and the paint is simple but clean and nice. I see no reason why any Joe fan would pass on her.

Also for comparison, I have HT's MAC on the right in the pics. Not sure which one is correct. The HT one has more detail.

baroness_01.jpg

baroness_02.jpg

baroness_03.jpg

baroness_04.jpg

baroness_05.jpg

baroness_06.jpg

baroness_07.jpg

baroness_08.jpg

Back