SSC Firefly

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Firefly?

True, but they announced Firefly and Beachhead in development prior to Klauder saying that I believe. Perhaps after Firefly we will see some Joes in succession. Beachhead, certainly.

The fact that Firefly looks to be wearing winter gear makes me think that Sideshow may have Snow Job in the works. I still think including Snow Job's file card on the Larry Hama write-up page in Sideshow Catalog 11 was a hint of sorts. Probably wishful thinking on my part.

Are the lens on the google painted ? Cuz that kind of blows... makes it look cheap.

What the ???? is this ????? That's not Firefly. It's some generic Cobra spy.

No joke, and what's up with the Vin Diesel goggles? Didn't know Riddick was a Cobra.

B0002VEUV2.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Last edited:

I don't think I will be buying this thing unless he comes with an extra mask not shown in those pics and unless the turtleneck looks damn good without that stupid coat over it.

This looks like a quick kit-bash based on the extra parts someone had lying around the house. A black mask? Seriously? That might as well be Cobra Trooper's head.

Sideshow cant sculpted human heads which is why we havnt seen much joes...takes 10 years to make a sculpt

I don't think I will be buying this thing unless he comes with an extra mask not shown in those pics and unless the turtleneck looks damn good without that stupid coat over it.

This looks like a quick kit-bash based on the extra parts someone had lying around the house. A black mask? Seriously? That might as well be Cobra Trooper's head.

looks like a repainted stormshadow head to me

Sideshow cant sculpted human heads which is why we havnt seen much joes...takes 10 years to make a sculpt

:lecture Truer words have never been spoken. And how appropriate that there's a question mark in the thread title. Firefly? No, it's not.

I'd say that relates to your typing and unable to make much sense

Your comment is the one that doesn't make sense. Anybody who owns the Henry Senior figure would beg to differ. They can do human sculpts and they do them very well. The question here isn't sculpts, but character choices.

Your comment is the one that doesn't make sense. Anybody who owns the Henry Senior figure would beg to differ. They can do human sculpts and they do them very well. The question here isn't sculpts, but character choices.

ok then, back to the character itself (firefly).It looks like a repainted headed stormshadow in a kitbashed outfit...the only thing cool about it is the accessories

oh,and he is missing a cobra logo ...........FAIL!!!

Last edited:

Hey Sideshow, I'm realizing that you must have accidentally obtained reference material to a different character. That's OK. We all make mistakes sometimes. I'm not judging you. This is Firefly:

https://www.yojoe.com/action/84/84card/firefly.jpg

Light/dark gray camo mask, kind of a sweat suit all in the light/dark gray camo. Despite misconceptions, he is not "Arctic Viper," he is "Cobra Saboteur."

The guy you saw in your reference material must have been a kit-bash that someone put together, though possibly a bad joke by someone on your staff, or possibly even a Devil's Due design (note: you may not know this, but Devil's Due is essentially fan fiction, and thus should never influence your real-world decisions).

Again, no big deal, we understand. Please pull those pics from your site, go back to the drawing board, and let us know when you get a real Firefly made. No harm, no foul. Thanks.

ok then, back to the character itself (firefly).It looks like a repainted headed stormshadow in a kitbashed outfit...the only thing cool about it is the accessories

oh,and he is missing a cobra logo FAIL!!!

So he doesn't have one. He's a contractor. Neither did Zartan or Destro. :dunno

So he doesn't have one. He's a contractor. Neither did Zartan or Destro. :dunno

I guess when you think of it that way... it does make more sense but I still wish they could have gotten the camo colors right... and from what I remember even devils due design didn't stray this far off the mark.
They did such a great job with keeping storm shadows original look I assumed they do the same with all the "key" characters.:confused: Im starting to fear what other "key" characters ( destro, zartan, beachead, flint,etc) will wind up looking like:google??.

I guess when you think of it that way... it does make more sense but I still wish they could have gotten the camo colors right... and from what I remember even devils due design didn't stray this far off the mark.
They did such a great job with keeping storm shadows original look I assumed they do the same with all the "key" characters.:confused: Im starting to fear what other "key" characters ( destro, zartan, beachead, flint,etc) will wind up looking like:google??.

I'm expecting a few fouls with every home run. And to date, with minor issues, they've been batting home runs with the Joe line.

Seriously, what are they thinking at Sideshow? Looks like my last figure will be Duke until Destro comes along and knowing SS they will royally screw him up as well. Oh well, only a few items left in my pre-order que. Looks like I'll be saving some cash in 2010. Thanks for making it so easy not to buy, Sideshow.

Hmm, I don't know. I like it, but I think I would have preferred a more traditional look. At least the mask should have been camo.

I have a feeling it will grow on me, but I'm certainly not blown away.

Back