SSC Duke 12 inch figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if the helmet will actually fit on his head with out having to smash it on, possibly rubbing the paint???

I wonder if the helmet will actually fit on his head with out having to smash it on, possibly rubbing the paint???

My assumption is that it won't fit and is just there so you can display him holding it (like the Han and Luke Stormtrooper helmets). If they want us to have him wearing it I'll bet they'll include a second head with the headgear sculpted on.

I think the age thing is irrelevant. These figures, for me, represent a place in time, when G.I. Joe was battling Cobra. I actually appreciate the fact that Sideshow is sticking with this, giving us high-end representations of figures from that period. True certain aspects are getting an upgrade, but in the end, they're still the Joes we love (except for CCC).

You want your joes fully updated, enjoy the movie and Hasbro's 12."

The funny thing is it looks like a slightly older and more pissed off version of the Dragon "stanley" sculpt that a lot of folks (myself included) have been using for our custom versions of Duke...

I don't mind the look at all really.. it will be interesting to see how all the facial expressions differ will the other joes!

One day later, the sculpt has really grown on me..I like what Sideshow did with that sculpt.

Considering this figure is almost Hot Toys calibur when it comes to all the gear etc..and the fact he is not wearing a fedora like Indy..we all know a fedora looks oversized usually on 1/6th figures but, military helmets generally fit and look fine..i think its a step backwards if they give us a sculpt with a molded helmet and this one shown as well.

i like the worn look on his face, the flat top ...... i need to see different angles.

a slightly "long haired" side part high and tight fade (basically a mod on his old hair) would look a bit more real world. never saw a flat top like that on an nco.

besides, EVERY 1sg i've ever known was a certified salty alcoholic with more engine cleaner than blood in his veins.

ps, the jumpmaster wings are on the wrong side for a real world uniform. but hey, it's based on the old toy so i forgive you. :)

still liking it. the only thing that sucks is the wait to have him in hand. i just realized i orderd vader at this time last year and i just got him this week. sigh. i want my duke now.:(

It has begun!!! Looks like he's got the laser rifle! :rock

IMG_0824.JPG

Back