1/6 SSC Dengar Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why on earth would you reveal a product TWO YEARS before you plan to ship it? Why not just develop it internally, then reveal it 6 months before ship date, and put it up for PO 3-4 months before ship date? SSC doesn't use PO's as an indicator of demand any more - they set aside that old model years ago (though I guess are trying to bring it back with NRD's in the past year.)

And no, I don't expect SideshowAlex to answer this question.:lol

And it's a standard thing now, not even really to be discussed anymore - but there's still a surreal, bad-dreamlike quality to seeing $240 next to a fairly straight-down-the-line Sideshow 1/6 figure.:horror
I've always thought that pre-orders should be done where the items are in production already and will be ready to go in a short time span (three to six months max) from the pre-order date. Especially in a case like this where the figure has an edition size they obviously have some idea of how many they think they can move so what's the point in putting it up for pre-order so far in advance? It seems like doing it the way they do currently works against them in some cases as people lose interest over time or just move on to something else. If they used pre-order information to gauge how many they needed to make it'd make more sense but really the current model is sort of dumb if you ask me.

Why on earth would you reveal a product TWO YEARS before you plan to ship it? Why not just develop it internally, then reveal it 6 months before ship date, and put it up for PO 3-4 months before ship date? SSC doesn't use PO's as an indicator of demand any more - they set aside that old model years ago (though I guess are trying to bring it back with NRD's in the past year.)

Maybe I'm just getting old and forgetful, but I'm positive a few years back SSC would put up POs 4 to 6 months before release, not this 12 months+ business.

I moved to the US this year and was looking forward to taking advantage of the free shipping offers. By the time this releases I'll most likely be living back in Australia and won't get the free shipping.

Maybe I'm just getting old and forgetful, but I'm positive a few years back SSC would put up POs 4 to 6 months before release, not this 12 months+ business.

I moved to the US this year and was looking forward to taking advantage of the free shipping offers. By the time this releases I'll most likely be living back in Australia and won't get the free shipping.

Folks literally move thousands of miles for a period of time, then move back all within the ssc preorder window :lol

There's only like a week left in 2016:lol

The wait isn't that bad if you're used to Sideshow by now. Wasn't Jango almost an exact year and a half from PO to release?

It's still like a year and three months (let's be honest it more than likely won't be out in January of 2018). It just seems like a long time when they don't really do many sixth scale figures per year.

It's still like a year and three months (let's be honest it more than likely won't be out in January of 2018). It just seems like a long time when they don't really do many sixth scale figures per year.

Yeah, I understand the gripe and hate it just as much as the next person. I'm just trying to stay positive and remember than ~15 months sounds better than 2 years:lol

With that said, how long does something have to be up for PO before its coupon code eligible?

Yeah, I understand the gripe and hate it just as much as the next person. I'm just trying to stay positive and remember than ~15 months sounds better than 2 years:lol

With that said, how long does something have to be up for PO before its coupon code eligible?

Should be instantly eligible now assuming you have a code for this month and haven't used one. It's the only positive change with them switching to the annoying individual codes.

Got the order in....

The wait doesn't bother me in the least...just happy Sideshow is completing this collection of the bounty hunters.
We'll see all of the classic bounty hunter s...gonna be cool. ..

What are the chances production will look anything like this......

1/4

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ordered with a coupon. Already have BOSSK and IG-88 and have 4-LOM and ZUCKUSS on order. Gotta catch em all!

Ordered, but I killed of 35$ in reward points to drop the cost a bit. They keep giving them to us, I might as well use some. Nice to finally be able to finish off the bounty hunters though.

Got the order in on this one (£235). That's all the bounty hunters got or on order. Think I might be able to call it a day with this collecting lark now, the prices are becoming ridiculous!

Ordered mine today. Got a 20.00 code with my 50.00 off Darth Maul. Bounty hunters will be complete.

So much money for so many bare bones figures. You guys must really love the bounty hunters!

Back