1/6 SSC Dengar Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In looking closer at the ref for Dengar, there's a few issues hopefully SSC can fix before release:

- the MG 42 rifle isn't supposed to have any stock at all (the whole wooden part was removed completely from the prop gun,) whereas Sideshow's still has it
- the Sideshow pistol (which is a Hoth Rebel soldier sidearm) has the scope on backwards,
- his waist belt (which is a Hoth Rebel soldier's belt) isn't webbing like what Sideshow has used, but sewn fabric with quilting/pleating running lengthwise.
- the wraps on his shins are the same as Luke and Han's Hoth boots, so should be fabric (or sculpted to look like fabric) not belt webbing like what Sideshow has used.

d0314b7a495827fde3ef55f4b5157c06.png

07e1189796735cd6968aafc5c34980c2.jpg

Help me Sideshow. You’re our only hope.
Doubt it will be fixed but there is always hope.

In looking closer at the ref for Dengar, there's a few issues hopefully SSC can fix before release:

- the MG 42 rifle isn't supposed to have any stock at all (the whole wooden part was removed completely from the prop gun,) whereas Sideshow's still has it
- the Sideshow pistol (which is a Hoth Rebel soldier sidearm) has the scope on backwards,
- his waist belt (which is a Hoth Rebel soldier's belt) isn't webbing like what Sideshow has used, but sewn fabric with quilting/pleating running lengthwise.
- the wraps on his shins are the same as Luke and Han's Hoth boots, so should be fabric (or sculpted to look like fabric) not belt webbing like what Sideshow has used.

Good observations there, but they've probably settled on the figure as close enough and called it a day.

Good observations there, but they've probably settled on the figure as close enough and called it a day.

Agreed. Sideshow has locked this down and is probably already in production or at the point of no return. What we’ve seen is what we might get, but not with any of the mentioned corrections.

Just waiting on the ol' toilet mummy and replacement for hasbro Zuckuss.
4c19454356409c1a6b0f542fd1045c83.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Hey, GeneralG - here's the custom pics (and yes, Dengar's left shoulder armor is falling off onscreen.:lol) Decided to keep the Kenner-esque maroon-brown (the vintage fig's armor is almost purple) rather than the more straight brown Sideshow's fig has. Not sure why SSC gave him a stock MG 42 - Dengar's rifle has the stock completely removed and has a very different bright silver end to the barrel.

G9u6911.jpg

ZedfPdb.jpg

0BTmnqK.jpg

0r69kJQ.jpg

jeZoeVS.jpg

:clap wow Tali that is really excellent work! I have the SSC version on order, looks like you won't be needing it.

Also congrats on getting 4 lom so cheap! I would definitely pick him up for that price but at $450 for the pair I decided to skip the bugs and stick with the other 4 hunters.

Hey, GeneralG - here's the custom pics (and yes, Dengar's left shoulder armor is falling off onscreen.:lol) Decided to keep the Kenner-esque maroon-brown (the vintage fig's armor is almost purple) rather than the more straight brown Sideshow's fig has. Not sure why SSC gave him a stock MG 42 - Dengar's rifle has the stock completely removed and has a very different bright silver end to the barrel.

G9u6911.jpg

ZedfPdb.jpg

0BTmnqK.jpg

0r69kJQ.jpg

jeZoeVS.jpg

Great custom. Very nice.

:clap wow Tali that is really excellent work! I have the SSC version on order, looks like you won't be needing it.

Also congrats on getting 4 lom so cheap! I would definitely pick him up for that price but at $450 for the pair I decided to skip the bugs and stick with the other 4 hunters.

Yeah, 4-LOM was a bit of shocker. I still think the system made an error and % reduced the price twice.

And the SSC Dengar does look to be a really quality release, but I felt like the production Dengar figure they showed at NYCC (people didn't seem to notice that it wasn't the prototype) I thought was a bit of a step down from the proto in terms of face paint apps and weathering. They did fix the reversed pistol scope though.

There are a few errors on it - like the belt and D's backpack is a Rebel Hoth backpack that should have a 30 degree bend (not straight like how SSC did it) and they added a second "board" to the backpack that shouldn't be there, but I guess that's just nitpicking (the problem with staring at Dengar ref pics for a month:lol)

I still have hope they'll revise his rifle though instead of the off-the-shelf DID MG 42 rifle he comes with - he can't be posed as he's seen in the movie currently because onscreen Dengar cups his hand around where the rifle stock was removed, and also the MG 42 nozzle/end of gun (flash suppressor) is wrong and should be similar to what Leia's pistol has.

Great custom. Very nice.

Wow - Chakaman's back! And thanks - always means a lot coming from the custom master.:hi5:

Hope your move went well and all your amazing customs arrived safe.:pray:

is that the Hasbro sculpt just the face cut out? what did you use for the face looks awesome. great job TaliBane

Is it Lock from Lost?

I was thinking a Winston Churchill sculpt maybe?

We will fight them on the ice planets... we will fight them over the sanctuary moons... :lol

Yeah, I had a "zero extra cost" policy with this custom that I wouldn't buy anything from TA - only using what I had in the parts bin, from the hasbro fig and scratch built (I had bought a MG 42 for my Hasbro Dengar previously.) I'm ashamed to admit it, but I had the Winston head sitting in the parts bin because I bought it for a Y'Arna Gargan custom (Jabba's fat dancer.) I had planned to put a headdress and that funky make up she has on in the throne room. Winston's far happier as bad*ss Dengar I think.:rotfl

But yeah GG - the hood/cowel is just the Hasbro one with the face removed and Winston's head put into it (though I obviously added the buttons.)

He looks amazing Tali, what undersuit did you use? My stock Hasbro one is really poofy.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

He looks amazing Tali, what undersuit did you use? My stock Hasbro one is really poofy.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks. I researched all the custom Dengars and saw yours and bidufarewell's from years ago - amazing stuff.:clap

Mine is just the Hasbro suit, though it's on a much thinner body so gives it more room to wrinkle.

I also did surgery on some of the armor - the upper chestplate especially was resculpted and narrowed (the "bump" in the front is noticeably too wide on the stock Hasbro, and some of the wrongly placed greeblies had to be moved around) - so that made a difference as to how the jumpsuit flowed. Cutting out the elastic at the wrists helped too.

Back