1/6 SSC Dengar Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely a bed roll for when the bounty hunters have their sleepover parties.

I thought it was a handkerchief for his backside!
45a86782301aeb0b71bd9a22773af9ba.png

f14084573c8df5e1a4323fdf93172600.png

What's with the hands? They kind of look like Mickey Mouse cartoon gloves. The hoth gloves would look better.

What's with the hands? They kind of look like Mickey Mouse cartoon gloves. The hoth gloves would look better.

Yeah, SSC should have reused their Hoth gloves and boots because that's exactly what the "real" Dengar is wearing.

I really love this but I'm a little torn - a very heavily customized Hasbro one with new bits can look pretty damn good and I'm really worried that with all the gear, this will be in the $250 range.

It's the problem I mentioned way back when Luke X was announced at $240 and then later when Snowspeeder Luke came in at $270. Who on earth is going to pay $250 for a SSC Dengar in the context of the HT SW onslaught? Which yesterday officially became the Armageddon of onslaughts...

He'll be the most expensive of the lot. Maybe $229? They're already in trouble with that price. They probably had to re-issue all the old bounty hunters in order to make any of the new ones profitable.

They probably had to re-issue all the old bounty hunters in order to make any of the new ones profitable.

I think that's exactly why they are producing the re-issues.

When they first started making the bounty hunters a few years ago, they made the really popular hunters first. Fett, Bossk, and IG-88. These are characters that people would purchase even if they couldn't get the entire set of hunters.

4-LOM and Zuckuss aren't the same way. Someone isn't going to buy either of those two if they never got a chance to get the other bounty hunters. Those are characters that need to be part of a set, more so than the others.

Thus, in order for 4-LOM and Zuckuss to sell remotely well (I think Dengar would fair a little better than them on his own), they have to re-release the other hunters in order to ensure people who weren't there for the original releases are able to complete the set, which, as said previously, is the only way the bug-eyed duo are going to sell.

I really love this but I'm a little torn - a very heavily customized Hasbro one with new bits can look pretty damn good and I'm really worried that with all the gear, this will be in the $250 range.

It's the problem I mentioned way back when Luke X was announced at $240 and then later when Snowspeeder Luke came in at $270. Who on earth is going to pay $250 for a SSC Dengar in the context of the HT SW onslaught? Which yesterday officially became the Armageddon of onslaughts...

I agree with this. I am very happy with my custom, but this one just looks fantastic.

Instant purchase for me. I am a sucker for background characters. With all these OT announcements, very glad I did not buy any of the TFA stuff. Nostalgia goes a long way with me. TFA just didn't pull me in.

Yeah, when you say it like that - duck trooper versus Dengar - there's really no contest. And yeah, so glad I didn't dive into any TFA - given the HT OT explosion at SDCC. OT will still rule even when we're all long, long gone - and the others will just be the others.:lol

And I really hope the Dengar is closer to $220 but realistically we're looking at the $250 range, which is sad.

I can't see how the SSC 4-LOM and Zuckuss are going to sell. Those are figures that were no-brainers at $130, but not at $100+ more... each.

Back