1/6 SSC Dengar Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, when you say it like that - duck trooper versus Dengar - there's really no contest. And yeah, so glad I didn't dive into any TFA - given the HT OT explosion at SDCC. OT will still rule even when we're all long, long gone - and the others will just be the others.:lol
I'm glad I managed to stick to waiting for the SDCC reveals. A local shop has had all TFA troopers at varying discount(some really good ones) for awhile, but managed to hold out.

Going to have to get alot of OT troops instead! :yes

They'll probably price Dengar high... But why? His armor is pretty much reused imperial amor and they could've cut costs by using hoth gloves and boots. The head and backpack would've been the only original thing on the figure.

I hope SS starts sliming down their prices. They're figures are cool and I enjoyed collecting them when they were in the $100s. $200+ makes me rethink any potential purchases. Infact I noticed a lot of us are doing it. It's almost like SS is rehibiating a few of us from our impulse collecting habits. :D

I hope SS starts sliming down their prices. They're figures are cool and I enjoyed collecting them when they were in the $100s. $200+ makes me rethink any potential purchases. Infact I noticed a lot of us are doing it. It's almost like SS is rehibiating a few of us from our impulse collecting habits. :D

Cooling us off to keep us in the game longer. Rope-a-dope.

They'll probably price Dengar high... But why? His armor is pretty much reused imperial amor and they could've cut costs by using hoth gloves and boots. The head and backpack would've been the only original thing on the figure.

Seen this a few times in this thread. I would have thought with all the complaints about the Hoth gloves and boots people would be happy they weren't reused.

I can't keep up with what's bad and good in these threads anymore :lol

Seen this a few times in this thread. I would have thought with all the complaints about the Hoth gloves and boots people would be happy they weren't reused.

I can't keep up with what's bad and good in these threads anymore :lol

I think he meant they could have kept the price lower a bit by doing it, not necessarily made it better.

People probably would have griped if they had done it, though SSC has done reuse in the past (GI Joe figs with Fett hands and sandie pauldrons as armor.)

But yeah, the Hoth gloves are oversized and people seemed to think the SSC HOth boots should have been fabric like HT Luke Besp (not sculpted plastic.)

Yes... I meant keep cost down. I don't own the hoth figures so I didn't realize there were any issues. But what isn't an issue on this forum. :D
IMHO, SS needs to find a way to lower prices. Their figures really don't have the quality to be priced the same as HT. I'm not a huge HT fan, but the stormtrooper and chewie I bought sure felt like money well spent.

I guess there are two ways. Cut cost and stay with a lesser quality and reuse of non perfect parts or simply make sure that the final version looks as stunning as this proto and keep the prices up. ...I guess the third way is status quo but I don't think it'll work with HT going bananas at the moment.

SDCC-2016-Sideshow-Toys-159.jpg

If he ends up looking like this he'll be my favorite! He's perfect! SSC could make us all believe again if they make this happen.

I'm just looking at the head wrapping, & thinking about the burger joint 'promo poster / what you actually get' analogy.

Ok I'll stop now. :lol

Back