SSC Deluxe Clonetroopers - "Shiny", Veteran, 501st & 212th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SSC Deluxe Clonetrooper?

All the in-hand pictures have sealed it for me, I just scratched the Veteran off my wanted list and replaced it with a Shiny. I'd have kept it on there if the weathering/damage were the same or very similar to the 501st, but I just can't do it otherwise.

Quick pic of shiny and original 212. Big improvement.

image.jpg

Well, I got a replacement Shiny Phase I head from Sideshow. They didn't ask me to destroy the original, so I might BD it.

I LOVE the shiny.

I was about to buy a couple of these then saw my buddies OT stormtroopers. So I've decided to wait years for a re-release of the stormtroopers. It still amazes me how Sideshow won't do another re-release.....how many clones do we need?

It looks like he helmet is what's benefiting most in these deluxe releases....

i dont have any old style clone helmets, but just from the pics alone i can tell that there is a huge difference. i really suggest clone fans pick one of these guys up.

Once Wolffe arrives, I have a feeling I might be going for the veteran Clone. Might have to give him some sort of paint job, but is growing on me.

Thank you to all who posted pictures!

These are marvelous. I was hesitant about them originally, for the reason that they seemed to be geared primarily to The Clone Wars animated show fanbase (the Clone Wars base in the proto pics, the DC-15 rifle with the grappling attachment). I know even the clone wars figures are done in a "live action" style, however I just didn't want a bunch of new Clone Wars malarkey honking up these ones' boxes.

After comparing your pics to ROTS screen-caps, and seeing that the stand and box are "neutral" to both the movies and show, it is secure that they are making us movie fans perfectly happy. I had no idea about the updates in the molds. The "teeth" or "vents" are especially a very welcome improvement. All four have another buyer, with the 501st and 212th priority. :wink1:

By the way, according to the teaser video, the grappling attachment can slide off the DC-15 rifle. Is this true of the final product?

Waiting on my Ex Grevious wait list to convert before ordering. The question which one. I'm not finding many reviews on youtube.....

Shiny or veteran....shiny or veteran....decisions decisions:dunno

Thank you to all who posted pictures!

By the way, according to the teaser video, the grappling attachment can slide off the DC-15 rifle. Is this true of the final product?

Yes the grappling attachment can slide off.

I'd go with the shiny .... you can always dirty the shiny and if you don't like it... you can go back to it being shiny.

Oh man, just started watching the last season of Clone Wars online. Resisted the old clones for years (only have Wolffe on pre-order), but now I am thinking about creating a shelf just for clones. :)

I agree, hard to decide. I guess it depends on your existing collection. I have the original (all white ) phase 1 release, so I went with the vet for something different. Some have mentioned that they don't like his weathering, but I think he looks great! No regrets on the purchase at all.

Do the clones benefit from a body swap? I gave Boba a TrueType slim and he looks and poses much better. Has anyone done the same for clones or can you not tell the difference due to the armor? Thanks for the replies.

the only real improvement that clones get from a bodyswap is better articulation in the ankles. they body already is a truetype clone.

....and on a slight-off topic note....been watching the final episodes of CW on Netflix....c'mon Sideshow....please do the deluxe treatment with the Shocktrooper! They make a lot of appearance in these last episodes and would benefit from a new release here....I'd pick one up for sure....maybe two.

I'm with you on this JB!!! Would love a deluxe Shocktrooper. Missed the original and not going to drop big buck on getting old figure just to have to replace body and old bodysuit.

BOTH...oh and you may need more than one of each...so they don't get lonely....clones should be kept in social groups...

the only real improvement that clones get from a bodyswap is better articulation in the ankles. they body already is a truetype clone.

:exactly: :goodpost:
A pleasant surprise to those not having clones previously.

Back