SSC Deluxe Clonetroopers - "Shiny", Veteran, 501st & 212th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SSC Deluxe Clonetrooper?

BOTH...oh and you may need more than one of each...so they don't get lonely....clones should be kept in social groups...

Yes but make sure to keep them separated by color (wow that sounds worse than what I mean) into squads, 501st here, the 212th over here, etc.

the only real improvement that clones get from a bodyswap is better articulation in the ankles. they body already is a truetype clone.
Really? Hmm.. :)

So.. does the yellow phase1 Cmdr from a few years back, fall under that category too?

That's the one I have.

Anyone have an old phase one clean posed with the new shiny and/or veteran. Just wondering how they look together. I've seen them with others pictured but interested in the plain whites together just for a better comparison between finishes

Last edited:

BOTH...oh and you may need more than one of each...so they don't get lonely....clones should be kept in social groups...

I was all about the vet at first but then was leaning way towards the shiny so now I'm thinking at least a couple of each. Sounds good to me:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Made it through the snow....

501st-DLX.jpg

I couldn't contain myself anymore, bought the Veteran this morning. I was gonna wait a few months and maybe see a drop in price or a sale or something but couldn't do it.

I'll do that method with the 501st, I wanna get at least 2 for Phase II Rex and eventual Fives.

Jesus I hope they rehash the Stormtrooper with a deluxe line...

Someone sacrifice a Marmit and send it to Sideshow. A sharper armor version of the Marmit would be practically perfect as figures go.

Someone sacrifice a Marmit and send it to Sideshow. A sharper armor version of the Marmit would be practically perfect as figures go.
Interesting proposal, but I'm sure they've already got their wonky 2.0 in the pipeline. :lecture

I nabbed the veteran from a comic store, loving the pose with all the weapons and the phase 2 helmet

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I got my 501st today and his right upper arm seems to be stuck :(

I tried taking a hairdryer to it to loosen it up but all that accomplished was making the shoulder pad floppy. I try to brace it by the shoulder and twist it but it's stuck good. I could apply more force but I'm already applying as much as I feel comfortable with. Feels like it's going to break if I push any harder. His elbow is basically stuck pointing straight outward. Any suggestions?

Edit: I decided to stop being a sissy and apply more force. I started to get a cracking noise. I stopped immediately of course.

Edit 2: I got it! I stopped trying to use my hands and I got some pliers. One to hold the shoulder in place, a second one to twist the arm. Got it loose.

Just ordered my first shiny using code LUCK14, saving $20 and it worked fine. I'm stoked to get this guy and eventually several others. I decided I want a bunch of these guys for some cool displays, shiny, 501st, etc. Can't wait to get him!

Been watching the Clone Wars cartoon lately, really tempted to pick up a Deluxe Clone since I have enough SS points to totally cover it. Just need to chose which one.

I'm not familiar with the Star Wars releases from SS, do any of you diehards think we'll see any more colors? I'd love to grab a 327th Star Corps clone. (I know they made a Commander Bly figure a while back, but those eBay prices are a little more than I'd like to pay.)

I picked up the 501st....great figure....and i have the 212th on order....but watching those CW episodes really has me hoping that Sideshow will re-visit the Shock Trooper with this deluxe approach. The original release looked good, but featured that early pleather-material body suit. Considering their high visibility in CW it would be cool to see a re-do of this one...

Back