SSC Deluxe Clonetroopers - "Shiny", Veteran, 501st & 212th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't believe how much people are asking for these figures now. On Amazon some of them are going for over $400 LOL

Interest in PT troopers might die down really quick when media attention is brought toward TFA fall comes. I foresee quite a few bargains then.

So, to revive an old thread..... I've always wanted to pick up a shiny deluxe but had too much stuff incoming at the time and never got around to him. I think I might start trying to track one down, seeing as Sideshow seems to have given up on prequel clones and I highly doubt Hot Toys will, if ever, visit them. Much too much new stuff to focus on with all the new movies, and I really don't like the new Disney ducktroopers one bit... :( .... I have the original Sideshow 501st, Phase 1 & 2 Rex, Cody, and Ganch. I picked up the Space Trooper from HT and I had a Marmit Stormtrooper and Sandtrooper from back when. If anyone could post up a picture of the Shiny Clone Trooper next to a Hot Toys Stormtrooper I'd really love to see a good comparison in color and finish and if they look good together.... I haven't seen any good comparison pics in the "show us your troops thread either".

Thanks in advance to anyone who throws up some pics and give's these older awesome figures some new love!!

I had around 7 clones at one point. Soon as HT brought their figures out I sold them all off for a tidy profit. My focus is on the OT now. On reflection I think SS could have done way better I these figures

I had around 7 clones at one point. Soon as HT brought their figures out I sold them all off for a tidy profit. My focus is on the OT now. On reflection I think SS could have done way better I these figures

Other than the problem some people had with loose joints, I'm not sure what could have been done better IMO. :dunno

[...]I'd really love to see a good comparison in color and finish and if they look good together.... [...]

Well, I never owned a clone, but I remember comparison photos between these and other troops, including the SSC stormtrooper. The clones are a very noticeable off-white compared to the high white of SSC and would look like biscuits next to the high gloss, titanium-white of the HT stormtroopers. Not bad, necessarily, but very different in terms of tint.

SSC Deluxe Clonetroopers - "Shiny", Veteran, 501st & 212th

Other than the problem some people had with loose joints, I'm not sure what could have been done better IMO. :dunno

I found the armor didn't sit well on the figures especially the legs sections. They seemed a bit too skinny and parts where the under clothing was exposed, it looked funny. But if you just got the right pose they'd look decent. Also the quality imo wasn't there compared to the HT stormtrooper.

Here's a pix with the Spacetrooper loki2371. As ZE_501 posted, the Shinny clone is an off-white color, a slightly gray tint to it I would say. Hope this helps.

IMG_0495.jpg

Here's a pix with the Spacetrooper loki2371. As ZE_501 posted, the Shinny clone is an off-white color, a slighty gray tint to it I would say. Hope this helps.

View attachment 269854

:clap ... Thanks so much for posting that!! They actually look pretty good together. The color difference isn't too bad. I've found a couple online stores who show they still actually have one for retail of $140, and shipping is cheap. I might get one as seeing these are probably not even on HT radar, and if SS re-issued it it would be more money and come with less...

Nice picture. Sideshow needs to go back to making more clones. Some of their best figures.

Back