SSC Deluxe Clonetroopers - "Shiny", Veteran, 501st & 212th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a GREAT deal from a member here on commander wolffe and a deluxe 501st. They are WAY better than the first clones that came out. Wolffe is awesome!!! Dig the 501st as well. Liked them so much that bought the 212th.
Looking for shiny now.
Getting the ht stormtroopers.. want the ht Vader. That's the one you may want.

It looks like the Deluxe 212th Clone Trooper and the Deluxe Shiny are either now sold out or wait listed.
The Deluxe 501st is now "pre order"?
Don't understand that,I ordered one on 11/27 and it was in stock.
They better not have screwed this up!

Wow, I'm a little surprised that they both sold out or are otherwise unavailable at the moment. I was seriously considering getting the 212, but I was on the fence too long. Ah wells, I'm tapped out this year anyways....

So much for the open edition size then, or maybe they intended to do another batch of the clones just as with the Deluxe Vader, but I guess the Vaders won't be as hot anymore so it might not bode well for the Deluxe Clones.

I considered getting a bunch at one time but when I got my pair of 212th clones and one of them had the usual (~70% of my troopers) flimsy Sideshow body I decided I was probably done with the clones.

Last edited:
I know the 212 was limited/"SSC Only", but still a little sad I missed them. I was literally a button click away but couldn't pull the trigger....

Edit: As of today, the 501st is "checking inventory". Wonder if they are now sold out? Seemed like SSC was trying to move them quickly with all the recent discounts...

Last edited:
Not sure if this was mentioned before. My veteran's arm joint is so lose he couldn't even hold the smaller rifle especially in the elbows. Is it possible to tighten up his joints without damaging his armor?

Not sure if this was mentioned before. My veteran's arm joint is so lose he couldn't even hold the smaller rifle especially in the elbows. Is it possible to tighten up his joints without damaging his armor?

I seem to be unlucky since every clone I've ever owned had the same problem. Even the newer ones. It's why I'm hesitant about getting anymore.

I only have this one. Was going to get echo and fives pack. But this problem put me off. Not going to consider them if I can't find an effective way to fix this problem.

Looks like SSC has the Deluxe 212th back up for order. Not sure if it's the second half of a "split" shipment, a new batch or what.

I'm working on this fix tonight. Will post if fix works

So what I did to fix it was take the chest and lower torso armor off. Then pulled the body suit down. I used future floor polish to tighten the joints. I applied a few layers and let it dry. Once it was no more weak elbows

Weren't these supposed to be an open edition? Sideshow seems like they are sold out

An open edition doesn't mean something won't eventually sell out, it just means they don't set a unit cap before production starts and that they're free to make additional inventory. With constantly updating production lines to new processes and new product, eventually everything runs out.

Just figured they would keep making these since they keep selling out.....

Over the past year they seemed to split production on a number of products, with Vader getting at least 3 runs, Probe Droid 2, etc. So I have no idea if they'll make more, but I expect their production lines are stuffed well with new releases at the moment too. Sideshow has a lot coming over the next while.

shock trooper i could see but the 442nd already had the multiple feet and hands, aside from the backpack and extra weapons it wouldnt really be much of added value...by the way quick plug my 442 is for sale

Shocktrooper and 41st could benefit from a DX treatment. I'd rather see Nova Corp and kashyyk troops before that happens though.

Back