SSC Deluxe Clonetroopers - "Shiny", Veteran, 501st & 212th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello! Quick question. I have my 212th Clone trooper Deluxe. Is there a big difference with the helmet and body color of the original utapau figures from the recent ones? Also with the previous Boil and waxer phase 2 helmet. If i just buy the helmet and swap it to the new 212th deluxe will it be noticeable? i'm just curious. Wanted to buy some to recreate boil and waxer with the new upgrade. Hope someone can help. thankyou!

Orange color is consistent between releases. Original 212th, Cody, Airborne, Waxer, Boyle and DX blend well together.

Hello! Quick question. I have my 212th Clone trooper Deluxe. Is there a big difference with the helmet and body color of the original utapau figures from the recent ones? Also with the previous Boil and waxer phase 2 helmet. If i just buy the helmet and swap it to the new 212th deluxe will it be noticeable? i'm just curious. Wanted to buy some to recreate boil and waxer with the new upgrade. Hope someone can help. thankyou!

There is a hue difference in the oranges, especially with the deluxe versions, and the white parts are a darker shade too. You will notice a difference if you piece alternate figures together...

Frankly, compared to the Echo/Five and Rex completely different blue shades, those 212th are barely noticeable. To me, color variants are mostly due to weathering levels from one piece to another.

Here's a shot of phase two helmets. Sorry, have phase one stored away. Hope it helps. Original 212, Boil, Waxer, new deluxe. image.jpg

Thank you to everyone that responded to my question. Might grab the original 212 and boil helmet for some variants on my troops. Btw, is it just on the pics that boil's helmet is smaller than others?

The Sculpt of the "Deluxe" troopers helmet is different....as you can see in the picture, they "retooled" it...

Definitely thinking about picking one of these up with the 25% off code... But I can't decide if I want the veteran or the 501st. I have a feeling that if I get the 501st I'll be compelled to get phase 2 rex and arc echo and fives...

Definitely thinking about picking one of these up with the 25% off code... But I can't decide if I want the veteran or the 501st. I have a feeling that if I get the 501st I'll be compelled to get phase 2 rex and arc echo and fives...

that's what i'm thinking also. =) 501st to go then. =) Once phase 2 rex and arc echo + fives come out. Great display to have atleast 1 captain, 2 arcs and 2 501st.

I've been hoping that sideshow would do something different for cyber Monday, but I'm starting to think that's not gonna happen.

However, the deal they're running on the deluxe 212th is almost too good to pass on.

I am already ordering the Phase 2 Captain Rex. I loved the character from Clone Wars. I am most disappointed that we never find out his gate, and whether or not he was even still active during Order 66 and if he was did he help the Jedi or follow the order.

I am very tempted by the ARC version of Echo and Fives. I only need one though.

I have never purchased the SSC figs. How are they on quality? I am also looking to possibly grab their deluxe Vader. Any help would be appreciated.

Sideshow posted a "cyber Monday" code for the veteran on their facebook... But it ends up being the same discount as the Black Friday code that's been up all weekend... Very lame

Back