SSC Deluxe Clonetroopers - "Shiny", Veteran, 501st & 212th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SSC Deluxe Clonetrooper?

Is there a difference between the new clones and the old clones in sculpts? Like the old 212th versus the new 212th?

Just the helmet? Everything else is the same? How about the crotch armor? Is it smaller?

I don't believe so, I haven't compared that part lol.

Hahaha thanks for helping me out Jon! I was just wondering because to me, it feels like their crotch armor is really big in the back. Almost looks like a diaper lol it's probably just me

Is there a difference between the new clones and the old clones in sculpts? Like the old 212th versus the new 212th?
As mentioned on the previous page, the helmets are now more accurately sculpted.

Unless I'm mistaken, the armour's been tweaked slightly too..

My 501st arrives Monday. My first clone! I also found a Commander Bly from Comics America for $187 shipped so I had to snatch him up too.

My 501st arrives Monday. My first clone! I also found a Commander Bly from Comics America for $187 shipped so I had to snatch him up too.

Damn, thats a good deal for Bly, welcome to the addiction

Damn, thats a good deal for Bly, welcome to the addiction

Thanks I know. I'm doomed now. :lol I was surprised to see him on there. He was one I figured I'd have to skip with him usually being around $250 or more. Hope it wasn't some error on their site or something.

Dammmmmnnnn. How many clones do you have in total?

It'd be a cool display if HT actually made that ROTS Anakin - & you had that figure, with two of these new 501sts flanking him.

I'd be into that. :)

Not Shiny, 501st and Veteran in this order...24 clones...the cases of 212 will not be arriving I guess until MAY.

View attachment 99506

Hey canada clone that is pretty darn amazing... Not by chance in the Ottawa area??? If you are I should just buy directly from you....LOL
PM if your close by...I'm a mint in box collector always willing to pay a little extra for mint "case fresh stuff"

Loving these clones! Picked up a Vet and a 501st on my trip to NYC this past Saturday. Sorry for the crappy pic, I have ZERO detolf space until I get to Ikea in 2 weeks. Gonna grab another 501st to go with Vader until we hear of the inevitable Deluxe Stormtroopers. Then I'll probably put the two 501st with Phase 2 Rex and Echo and Fives.
null_zpscce087c2.jpg

Nice!!!! You have to post pics of your collection when you have the time.

Dammmmmnnnn. How many clones do you have in total?

All individual Clone Commanders (Gree / Bly / Ganch / Rex / Waxer + Boil etc.)
Dozen Original Phase I
4 Shock Troopers
4 501
1 Original 501 - "Appo"
4 212 Airborne
4 of Colour Phase I Clones (Commander / Captain / Sergent / Lieutenant)
4 Original 212th
Dozen Veterans (All still in boxes - should get to em all by this weekend)

All other Clones - PO'd

he's got ALOT. i hope heposts pics of his display room. he literaly has the grand army of the republic in his man cave.

No furniture to sit...it is now a Toy Room

Jedi Temple stair diorama...yes he can!

I need Anakin and I really want one of the Sideshow ones but I know the day I get one Hot Toys will announce / confirm the Pre Order of DX Anakin Skywalker with hands / heads / robes / light up lightsaber / exclusive version will actually come with the force...

Nice!!!! You have to post pics of your collection when you have the time.

For some reason I have some re-arranging to do in the immediate future...but I will when they are all put into cases!

I know lots of people have asked about differences between the two generations:

-helmet cheeks are deeper
-silver dots on breathing part of face mask are much larger
-new removable harpoon arrow on bottom of riffle
-phase 2 helmet is very slightly larger overall
-shoulder caps have more of a square mold to them and sit a little higher up
-both blaster and riffle have detail scaring
-only one thumbs up hand - right hand
-two new "C" grip hands (right / left) that actually will hold the barrel of the guns without crushing them!
-body armor has 'clips' that allow it to be removed - not glued anymore.
-bodies are not white, they are a off white grey colour, they are noticeably different when standing with the first generation of clones
-arms and joints are much tighter than original generation - they WILL HOLD UP A RIFFLE IN THE AIR VERY EASILY!
- new parts / weapons - > new back pack / 4 droid poppers / repeating gun

Last edited:
Back