SSC Cyclops Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, here's my opinion:

Pros
- Leather jacket looks great
- Body suits Cyclop's thin physique
- Another great paint job on the head
- Love the details on the gloves and boots
- Overall, great likeness.

Cons
- Jim Lee's weird mask design and the pouty expression makes face look pinched
- Would prefer a classic or Whedon era suit.
- Weak exclusive.
- No light up. I never use batteries so it's not skin off my back, but I'm sure others will. E disappointed.

Verdict: yeah, I'll PO it tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Well, here's my opinion:

Pros

Cons
- Weak exclusive.
- No light up. I never use batteries so it's not skin off my back, but I'm sure others will. E disappointed.

I agree with pretty much everything you just said. The only thing I would add is that I wish the straps up top were a little thicker to break up the blu torso a bit and I wish the jacket had a nice x emblem patch on he sleeves. Despite those nitpicks I am definitely jumping on this and hoping that sideshow continues with the rest of the team. I need Gambit, Rogue and Nightcrawler.

Instant PO for me, there is something very "simple" about this but very pleasing at the same time, I think I like the fact they have toned down their need for going overboard on their designs, and now staying truer to the
comic look,
very impressed with all that I see. and am very pleased they are continuing the X-men line,

where do the pics come from? Are there more accessories ?

Well, here's my opinion:

Pros

Cons
- Weak exclusive.

Is this confirmed? I'm stunned theres no light up function. You're gonna make a Cyclops figure in 2020 with no light up function. Really? No lights, no Scott Summers head, no swap out mouth. Don't really like the mask covering his cheeks like that and much would have preferred him gritting his teeth than this weird pouty face hes making.

There's just something weird about the head, it reminds me a lot of the Mezco head. The face expression on this is worse though IMO having no alternate options.

There's just something weird about the head, it reminds me a lot of the Mezco head. The face expression on this is worse though IMO having no alternate options.
I think it's the cut of the mask. Thank Jim Lee's weird headsock designs.

I like it overall but yea not POing especially with Sideshow's crazy shipping prices and the body needing to be replaced. I'll have to do a Phicen M33, HT Captain America body or something similar for this to look right to me. And, while I'm happy to get the leather jacket, I would've liked there to have been some black and red X's on the shoulders

I want thicker straps, but overall, he looks good to me. Makes me want to get Wolverine (who’s head I want immediately swapped out).

Instant PO for me, there is something very "simple" about this but very pleasing at the same time, I think I like the fact they have toned down their need for going overboard on their designs, and now staying truer to the comic look,
very impressed with all that I see. and am very pleased they are continuing the X-men line,

Exactly, wished they have done it since the beginning with brown suit Wolv and DP (which I have).

Looks pretty solid here but I'm really annoyed that they're continuing this trend of just including one sad looking sculpt.

Cyclops-Sixth-Scale-Figure-Exclusive-3.jpg

Why aren't they doing a second angry sculpt? This is the same with their Wolverine.

Looks so lame with them just standing there with this sad pouty expression.

wolverine_marvel_gallery_5df03bab8d76f.jpg

These two would look so cool together if they had a second sculpt where they were gritting their teeth and had an angry expression.

images

images

Hard pass. Slim or not, Scott's been drawn as jacked for decades now. Add the flimsy straps and overall plainness, plus Sideshow's prices, and it's a non-no for me. A 90s Rogue and Gambit would be tempting though, not gonna lie. Same goes for a Phoenix Jean, regardless of my distaste for the X-Men. The costumes are just too good.

08d7cba0a0950b30b12417cfc31750b5.jpg

Cool piecing together of the 90's Cyclops by Sideshow! This one isn't for me though as I would also prefer the Astonishing X-Men version which I am very loosely working on cobbling together (actually, a combination of this style & Astonishing).

Looks fantastic to me. Instant preorder. Bring on more X-Men!

Sallah

He looks pretty solid to me... won't invest in this line though until we see Gambit and he looks good enough for a purchase.

He looks pretty solid to me... won't invest in this line though until we see Gambit and he looks good enough for a purchase.
Man knows what he wants. Personally I loathe Gambit, but I hope you get what you want. I know many feel that way about Cyclops, haha.

For me, I only really intended to get the brown costume Wolverine and whatever Cyclops figure they eventually put out--but then the Magneto ended up being maybe the second best figure SSC has ever produced, so I had to get that, too. Then, because Magneto and Cyclops are so 90's inspired, I felt I needed to order the yellow costume Wolverine as well.

So now here I am with a considerably more substantial X-Men display. I guess we'll see what they release next.

Looks pretty good! I do think he looks a little thin (a little). I figure if I feel like he has to be in the leather jacket all the time, then that means he's a tad thin. But I'll still get him. I do also wish that this came with another sculpt. The unhelmeted Magneto sculpt is arguably SSC's best headsculpt to date. And I'm also really happy with the brown/yellow Wolverine unmasked sculpt.

As far as Gambit goes, I'm surprised that Sideshow hasn't already created/offered one. Not everyone's favorite character, but there seems to be a real desire for a 1/6 figure, and they have a couple of PFF's that could serve as the model.
I would love a 1/6 version of this. And I'd be fine with little-to-no torso articulation to maintain the torso armor look:
gambit_marvel_gallery_5ea23f67e96bc.jpg

Back