SSC Cyclops Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I resigned myself to having a 1/12 X-Men display; there's too many characters/designs to really get them all in 1/6 (for me anyway), plus there's multiple options at 1/12. For 1/6 you have Sideshow, Toys Era, and a few others that are all movie based. So if you want comic you just have Sideshow.

He really does look really slim. Maybe they took the nickname seriously. Cyclops is a buff 6'3" guy, not... that. Anyhow, some years back I'd have jumped over from excitement over the announcement of a high end 1/6 X-Line (yeah yeah, Magneto's out already but this means they're continuing), but now... eh. Maybe it's because I inherently dislike the narrative, the holier than thou attitudes, the illogical writing and the waste of the entire concept... I suppose it's a testament to how much they've ruined the brand since the 00s. Heck, not even my nostalgia is being activated; I feel nothing. Which might be a good thing, as I won't have to shell out the cash for tons of X-Figs, or be dissapointed when the MCU inevitably ****s up the casting, characters and costumes. Might be a blessing in disguise, really (a great Cyclops & Jean in Astonishing/NOW!/Phoenix costumes and accurate casting might tempt me, but that's more or less it, aside from the off-chance Fantomex ever makes it into the movies).

I'm still waiting on that Doctor Doom from that one announcement/promo pic, but at this point I figure they'll never make him...

I will have to ignore the fact I recently purchased an expensive Medicom to make my own :( hahah always the way )
great job Sideshow
I literally finally displayed my Medicom this week in my detolf. & then this Sideshow tease comes out. I still like the simple Medicom design, but am excited for more Cyclops figures.

I disagree. In my opinion most of the Movie/TV versions of these comic characters look like cosplay.
I would take Sideshow Magneto over any current versions from the movies, and I'd take Sideshow flash over Ezra Miller version or TV version. Both of which, in my opinion, look like cosplay.

Obviously you have never seen a hot toys MCU figure. Either that or you need to visit an eye doctor.

Obviously you have never seen a hot toys MCU figure. Either that or you need to visit an eye doctor.

I have, and I own quite a few myself. I'm not talking about the quality of the figure, everyone agrees that Hot Toys generally makes the better figures.
I'm talking about the designs.
In general, when it comes to TV/Movies, I do not like the designs. Not Hot Toys fault. But the designs from the TV shows and Movies simply don't work for me, with some notable exceptions (Iron Man 1-7, ASM2, Avengers Hulk, Batfleck, etc.). I understand that comic costumes (for the most part) don't translate well to film, but (as examples) comparing these characters I'd take the Sideshow version every day of the week:
FlashCompare1.jpg
FlashCompare2.jpg
MagnetoCompare1.jpg
MagnetoCompare2.jpg
WolvieCompare1.jpg

Too skinny, straps are too thin/dainty, as someone else mentioned, it looks like a cosplayer, who just scrounged around for parts, and didn't bother to actually look the part.

We need a bigger comic book body.

I have, and I own quite a few myself. I'm not talking about the quality of the figure, everyone agrees that Hot Toys generally makes the better figures.
I'm talking about the designs.
In general, when it comes to TV/Movies, I do not like the designs. Not Hot Toys fault. But the designs from the TV shows and Movies simply don't work for me, with some notable exceptions (Iron Man 1-7, ASM2, Avengers Hulk, Batfleck, etc.). I understand that comic costumes (for the most part) don't translate well to film, but (as examples) comparing these characters I'd take the Sideshow version every day of the week:
View attachment 483734
View attachment 483735
View attachment 483736
View attachment 483737
View attachment 483738

Those are not MCU designs. When X Men actually come out in the MCU i am sure their designs would not be the crap designs we have been forced to suffer through over the last 20 years.

Those are not MCU designs. When X Men actually come out in the MCU i am sure their designs would not be the crap designs we have been forced to suffer through over the last 20 years.

True that! Fair enough.

Sideshow hasn't really made many characters that are also MCU characters.
But I would honestly take the Sideshow Thor and Sideshow Cap, and Sideshow Red Skull over the hot toys ones. The Hot Toys ones are better made for sure, and I would have to do a body swap on both Cap and Thor. I grew up with comics, so I don't really like having a specific ACTOR on my shelf. I just think the characters are bigger than the actors. For example, I never have my Iron Man figs, or War Machine, showing the non-helmeted sculpt. I'd never pose my Batfleck with an unmasked head either. And I much prefer both Sideshow Batman figs over any of the Hot Toys ones.
And because I grew up in the late 70's/early 80's, most of the MCU are B, C, or D level heroes to me (GotG, Cap Marvel, Black Panther, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Vision, Dr. Strange, Ant Man, and ya, even Cap, Thor, and Iron Man). When I was growing up, for me the only true A-Level heroes were Spidey, Hulk, Fantastic 4, and a few of the X Men.
But I do love Batman, so I still own Batfleck, Keaton, and the 89 Batmobile. Oh and Adam West, Burt Ward, and the upcoming JAzzInc Batmobile.

Point is, it's not about needing an eye doctor. It's about preference regarding comic-style versus TV/Movie outfits.

I like the outfit but won't pay the SSC price for a figure I'll have to do a body swap on. I bought the knock off Wolverine and added better body for a great looking figure.

Not too fond of how this looks from the preview but hopefully better in the reveal pics. But as others have said, looks too skinny and straps too thin as of right now, which is sad as this is my favorite XMen character

Thrilled this is finally happening. It's hard to find good Cyclops collectibles.

Also, SSC is crushing with every recent 1/6 comic release. I have Flash, Magneto, and Batman, and they are some of my favourite pieces. I know many feel the bodies are skinny, but I think they're perfect--to me they recall the style of guys like Neal Adams, Rags Morales, or Gary Frank.

I'm disappointed they chose the Jim Lee costume, but I understand why. The costume I really want is the Astonishing X-Men look, though I would also accept the classic costume.

Still, it's an instant buy for me. I hope there's a leather jacket, like the Mezco figure.

I am thrilled Sideshow has made such improvements in their 1/6 game. I can't wait to get Superman and Wonder Woman, and I think I'll get the new Wolverine, too. Cyke, Magneto, and Wolverine will look great together.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

It's the same body Magneto, Batman, Flash and others have. :wink1:
Definitely the same torso, but like the Flash it has a skinnier set of arms. It makes sense: Cyclops is supposed to be skinny, even though many artists neglect to draw him that way.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I think I'd prefer the shoulder strap/harness thing to be thicker. Especially the part that crosses over his chest, its just way too thin. I'd also like it to be a little more mechanical/armored looking, something more substantial than just a little thin belt. I notice his hand has a button on it, I guess thats to remotely open his visor, thats a cool detail.

This should definitely have a light up head, maybe with some swap out mouth pieces ( neutral, screaming, battle damaged) some energy effects and a Scott Summers sculpt. Maybe they both could light up, if the LED is in the neck and you just switch the heads. It should have a removable visor (or a spare one) so he can hold it in his hands, as well as his sunglasses. The jacket could be the exclusive.

It's the same body Magneto, Batman, Flash and others have. :wink1:

Like Saintv1 said, same torso with the skinny arms which is unfortunate just like how they gave the Cap figure the skinny arms for whatever reason. I understand Flash and Redskull having skinnier arms but Cyclops usually is fairly muscular. He may not be as jacked as others but he isn’t super thin either. Magneto is no more muscular than Cyclopes in the comics yet he gets a a fuller body. I think instead of designing new, larger arms with more articulation to still allow the arm to bend for the hand to visor pose, they were lazy and used their already designed skinny arms.

Finally, Jim Lee era Cyclops. Now, if they'd do Jean, Storm, Rogue, The Beast, Wolverine, Arch-Angel, Psylocke, Gambit & Iceman from this era, I'd have a nice X-Men display. I never cared for any of the movie version looks.

Gambit, next Sideshow. And more x men thanks.looks like the visor is interchangeable

i know cyclops is depicted as being muscular most of the time, but I prefer scawny nerd look for this character.

LOVE IT! Really surprised we are getting another X-Men team member this fast! Can't wait to get him.

Sallah

Back